Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who knew Mario knew recruiting was all he had. We are witnessing it first hand now. We got to hope somehow he gets the coordinator hires right this time.

He will always recruit. It’s all the other things of being a head coach he struggles with

funny how the same people demanding changes are now upset about all the changes happening

here's the current mood on CIS

government americans GIF

Advertisement
funny how the same people demanding changes are now upset about all the changes happening

here's the current mood on CIS

government americans GIF
This is absolutely the best thing let Mario recruit and the new coaches coach.. Clean the slate and start it over. Thank goodness we won’t have to wait for the inevitable. Personally I have my Canes passion back and my hopes very high again.👍🙌

This is absolutely the best thing let Mario recruit and the new coaches coach.. Clean the slate and start it over. Thank goodness we won’t have to wait for the inevitable. Personally I have my Canes passion back and my hopes very high again.👍🙌
teams can go from last to first in the portal era.. you mix in a whole new coaching staff and we are in business.

very excited now for the upcoming season

Advertisement
Advertisement
He has been a DC more recently and has produced better defenses more recently

Question, & I’m not trying to be argumentative, but just a ?

I’m going to assume u’re referring to Collins’ 2 yr stint at UF as a DC, correct, when they were fielding an elite defense? If so, could it possibly be he produced an elite defense b/c he had Shannon as a Co-DC?

The reason I asked is b/c at Miss St, prior to UF, his defense wasn’t elite. 1st yr they were 18th, & his 2nd yr they were 84th. Then I look at his tenure as a HC after UF; he supposed to be a defensive guy, right? Well at Temple, he coached the 54th & 47th ranked defenses, which is pretty meh, however by comparison to his tenure at GT, that looked elite! At GT, the defense was down right deplorable; in fact, they got progressively worst every year until he was finally fired.

So help me to understand the obsession, besides those two yrs at UF.

Advertisement

Mario can't recruit by himself. If he could, our recruiting class would have a couple more studs in it. We missed on some instant impact guys that we definitely should've been able to grab

Advertisement
I’ve seen Campanile’s name a few times. His nephew is a pretty good QB at Bergen Catholic, took over as a Sophomore mid season this year.

Obviously, everyone is going to say Leonhard, which we can all agree would be a home-run but while perusing Bama’s board it seems like Saban offered him the job and got tired of waiting because he’s supposedly interested in getting an NFL gig. Another name you’re going to see thrown around for every DC job is Schumann from Georgia. All indications point to him biding his time, similar to Lanning, and only leaving for a HC position. Both of these names are "Pie in the sky" in the same way Mullen was for OC.

Obviously, everyone is going to say Leonhard, which we can all agree would be a home-run but while perusing Bama’s board it seems like Saban offered him the job and got tired of waiting because he’s supposedly interested in getting an NFL gig. Another name you’re going to see thrown around for every DC job is Schumann from Georgia. All indications point to him biding his time, similar to Lanning, and only leaving for a HC position. Both of these names are "Pie in the sky" in the same way Mullen was for OC.
Good thing we have the most patient HC when it comes to hiring coaches in all the land. /s

Re: Schumann, he should just stay put as he probably has a good shot to get the Bama HC job when Saban leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back