Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you ended up getting a better education for free while those suckers paid for an overpriced diploma
Haha. I'm just messing around. I do sometimes wish I went to high school here though as the ****-talking, stereotypes and urban legends are often very entertaining.

Advertisement
I do think we would have had a very solid defense with steele this year but after what was put on the field last year, I certainly am not upset about a change with both coordinators

only up from here

There's a DC at a P5 school that was top 30-40, gave up around 20 ppg, wears a tie and may be ready for a homecoming.

giphy.gif

Mario needs to go the Gundy route and hire under the radar guys from lower levels. We had a chance to hire the guys from UTSA who were lighting up the score board and Oregon landed the guy.

Down 3 coaches with possibly more to come. Going to be an interesting approach heading into spring practice in a few weeks

Will Stein he’s the new OC for Oregon… My cousin is good friends with him

Advertisement
This will be a fun thread to look back on after seeing steeles stint at bama

Anyone else seriously starting to question Mario’s decision making? I mean he went to Columbus—so he’s probably a little slow.
I questioned him the very moment he hired Gattis and I was distraught upon him being hired, so I have questioned all of his decisions since then. Maybe we luck into a better OC if Candle is entertaining Notre Dame. I would like both Litrell or Johns better.

If Herman is only making $750,000 a year at FAU, then why the f_ck aren't we trying to buy him out and be our OC?!

I do think we would have had a very solid defense with steele this year but after what was put on the field last year, I certainly am not upset about a change with both coordinators

only up from here
Impossible to judge thed defense this year when the offense had them stuck out on the field wearing out each and every game and as the season progressed. A good offense that actually possesses the ball a decent amount of time equals a good defense. Steele is an actual loss. Saban making a habit of jacking our good coaches.

Impossible to judge thed defense this year when the offense had them stuck out on the field wearing out each and every game and as the season progressed. A good offense that actually possesses the ball a decent amount of time equals a good defense. Steele is an actual loss. Saban making a habit of jacking our good coaches.
Yeah I do think Steele is an excellent coordinator but if we can land Geoff Collins who is luckily now available then I’d take that trade any day of the week

Hopefully he’s up to the idea of working for Mario again

Advertisement
SIAP but how would you all feel about Brian Williams from Maryland? Maryland finished 43rd in scoring D in his first year as a DC there. He is from Miami I believe and an amazing recruiter. Believe we came close to adding him last year but then Maryland promoted him to keep him.

SIAP but how would you all feel about Brian Williams from Maryland? Maryland finished 43rd in scoring D in his first year as a DC there. He is from Miami I believe and an amazing recruiter. Believe we came close to adding him last year but then Maryland promoted him to keep him.
He was only gonna be a DE coach like Rod Wright

I like this

Advertisement
I'd be a fan . Maryland's D improved significantly this past year (98th to 43rd in total D). He's local and also a DL coach by trade, so he'd help improve recruiting with that unit as well. Mario was after him to be our DE coach before Maryland promoted him, but his stock is up now.

1675657143827.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back