Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
One and done coordinators. Abject failure for Mario. Right now, objectively, the only thing he’s been good during this tenure is recruiting some-most positions. I have to imagine we recruited to a certain defensive philosophy. Now we’re potentially gonna bring in a new philosophy. Inefficiency is lovely.

I’ll check back in 90 days to see if he’s made his eventual Plan D hires.
Do us all a favor and fist yourself

Advertisement
One and done coordinators. Abject failure for Mario. Right now, objectively, the only thing he’s been good during this tenure is recruiting some-most positions. I have to imagine we recruited to a certain defensive philosophy. Now we’re potentially gonna bring in a new philosophy. Inefficiency is lovely.

I’ll check back in 90 days to see if he’s made his eventual Plan D hires.

Anyone who knew Mario knew recruiting was all he had. We are witnessing it first hand now. We got to hope somehow he gets the coordinator hires right this time.

He will always recruit. It’s all the other things of being a head coach he struggles with

Honestly it might be for the best if both sides of the ball just get blown up. Problem is, I have no faith Mario gets it right this time around. Get Litrell and Collins it’s just too obvious
Mario does not seem to like to pick the obvious but now losing both the OC and DC maybe he has help from Zo to do the right thing this time.

I am a big proponent of Mario taking playcalling duties on the offensive end. With this sudden defensive shakeup, we should also allow Mario to coordinate the defense. Cut out the middle man. We got our guy. Let’s put our full trust and support in him. Who knows Mario’s championship vision for the offense and defense better than Mario himself? He’s seen what it looks like and what it takes. Increase his annual salary by 3 mil and get ready to win and win big in 2023.
However, I expect him to fully vet himself. He knows he can’t get these hires wrong. There’s no one on earth that wants to see us get back to the top of CFB more than Mario. Let’s all be patient and allow Mario to finish out the interview process with Mario.

Advertisement
Door Dash orders from Versailles to the Hecht are gonna be on overdrive at all hours of the day.

I am a big proponent of Mario taking playcalling duties on the offensive end. With this sudden defensive shakeup, we should also allow Mario to coordinate the defense. Cut out the middle man. We got our guy. Let’s put our full trust and support in him. Who knows Mario’s championship vision for the offense and defense better than Mario himself? He’s seen what it looks like and what it takes. Increase his annual salary by 3 mil and get ready to win and win big in 2023.
Mario has a hard enough time calling time outs no way i want him to run both the OC and DC.

Advertisement
Mario needs to go the Gundy route and hire under the radar guys from lower levels. We had a chance to hire the guys from UTSA who were lighting up the score board and Oregon landed the guy.

Down 3 coaches with possibly more to come. Going to be an interesting approach heading into spring practice in a few weeks

It’s odd he’d leave. Maybe there is more to him leaving we don’t know.
It would be odd if he stayed.

Mostly SEC guy. Coaching under the GOAT. Loaded roster. Immediate chance to win NC. Similar $$ with lower cost of living. Leaves a terrible situation with holes all over that D. Business decision!

Anyone else seriously starting to question Mario’s decision making? I mean he went to Columbus—so he’s probably a little slow.
No Way Reaction GIF

Yeah after last year i wouldn't change much.....

Obviously not saying don't change things just saying don't change everything again.

Steele taught these guys good things. He is a good coach. Pretty sure he just landed the top college DC job in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Obviously not saying don't change things just saying don't change everything again.

Steele taught these guys good things. He is a good coach. Pretty sure he just landed the top college DC job in the country.
Dont necessarily disagree if things went better last year. If im guessing, id bet strong gets the job. I don't think he should but mario will probably think more your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back