2024 Daniel Akinkunmi - 3 star OL - New offer

I’m confused and maybe I’m reading this wrong but you expect to add 17-20 portal kids each year?
If we continue to miss this class I expect a large number of portal kids. Maybe 17-20 is way too many but it wouldn’t shock me if this class was heavy in the portal

Advertisement
If we continue to miss this class I expect a large number of portal kids. Maybe 17-20 is way too many but it wouldn’t shock me if this class was heavy in the portal
Oh ok you meant in one particular class. That makes more sense but like you said I don’t see that many. Maybe 11-12 on the high end with 19 kids already committed. I think we’re currently at the 85 scholarship limit.

Oh ok you meant in one particular class. That makes more sense but like you said I don’t see that many. Maybe 11-12 on the high end with 19 kids already committed. I think we’re currently at the 85 scholarship limit.
Yeah I def didn’t mean it like I sounded. We will also probably flip a kid or two and get a couple we didn’t think we’d get. But portal for the fill ins is happening

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

NFL Academy product Daniel Akinkunmi is one of the most coveted offensive line prospects remaining in the 2024 recruiting cycle, with Clemson the latest to offer this past week.

Akinkunmi is planning a mid-week official to Miami beginning on Sept. 11.

“Miami is a great program which is up and coming, who knows where they could be in the near future,” Akinkunmi said. “Coach (Alex) Mirabal has done some good things in his career and he is an amazing person and coach with a lot of energy. I can’t wait to see the beautiful place of Miami.”

Miami has 22 commitments right now. With at least 3-4 more in this class. Let’s just say 25.

If Miami is “heavy in the portal” like you say and take 12 or 13 transfers.

That’s close to 40 new players or nearly half the roster.

Please tell me who we are going to cut because the number of openings isn’t going to be anywhere near that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami has 22 commitments right now. With at least 3-4 more in this class. Let’s just say 27.

That’s come close to 40 new players or nearly half the roster.

Please tell me who we are going to cut because the number of openings isn’t going to be anywhere near that.

The numbers will work themselves out. With no cap on the class, we can sign as many as needed so long as we stay under 85. We still have some fluff on the roster but not nearly as much as 2021. We have 14 that are likely gone (a few can technically redshirt). We have another 30ish that could graduate or leave early for the NFL.

With Zo and Mario, I have zero worries about managing the roster.

Miami has 22 commitments right now. With at least 3-4 more in this class. Let’s just say 27.

That’s come close to 40 new players or nearly half the roster.

The number of what we take will depend on what we lose in terms of transfers. It will answer itself. We will also lose Kitchens Williams and Taylor and the portal will take care of some kids that leave our program.

The number of what we take will depend on what we lose in terms of transfers. It will answer itself. We will also lose Kitchens Williams and Taylor and the portal will take care of some kids that leave our program.

Exactly…I just don't think 12-13 will leave

I believe we will take around 25 HS…and 3-4 portal

Then substitute any other portal attrition give and take

Advertisement
Back