MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Cause he’s a *****

1716083202027.png

This could be said of anyone, but the truth is probably that more people saw that if you wait 4 weeks, he'll have a different opinion of almost anyone. The latest about-face he's made is on the Cal-Stanford B1G status. Now, they're apparently in if they can wait six years and take a 1/4 share, and Stanford is working on ways to get out of the ACC. Just a few weeks ago, he claimed they were never coming because Fox would say no, they bring nothing, etc.

With UM, it was always ND and UM because they are AAU members, until he claimed the AAU didn't matter that much, or FSU is "close" to getting AAU status, or Clemson is in a growing part of the country, etc. so they don't need to be part of the AAU. Once he adopted the FSU -B1G inevitability argument, suddenly the B1G or SEC wouldn't take UM because it is in Florida and you don't need two FL schools (ignoring the SEC's inclusion of Texas and the B1G's admission of UCLA/USC). Now, he's on to his "flagship" theory where only the bigger state schools are getting into the P2, but Stanford to the B1G is an exception because they'll come cheap and have great Olympic sports (ignoring the facts he previously said only football matters and only Fox will decide, Fox doesn't like Stanford, and that Cal is truly the flagship university in California).

I agree that he does appear to get some information ahead of time, and that he does have more knowledge than most of us who didn't work for a university. But he's all about driving revenue for his X account and the best way to do that is to appease his FSU fans and their incessant need to believe they're better than everyone. IF they or Clemson stumble this year and nobody is watching their games, he'll adopt the next theory about who will join the super B1G.

I agree with most of this… all I’m saying is many had no problem liking that initial ND / UM take, but now hate everything he says because it sucks for Miami…

He’s about driving clicks - sponsored by we’re having this discussion on a website that drives clicks…

**** the guy… but this place just can’t ignore him…

Miami needs to get Miami to the B1G… it won’t be @Genetics fault if we don’t.. more likely what’s in the genetic makeup of our leadership to make poor decisions…

Advertisement
When was FSU not the clear leader on the way out?

Genetics went off the rails when he started buying everything that Warchant was selling about Miami.

When we were partnered with ND, or Clemson, moving like lasagna 🤣🤣🤣

**** FSU, but hope they blow up the ACC. If they are out and we’re stuck then **** us…

#ignoregenetics…

Perspective from rabid B1G/Meeesheegahn/Pedo State fans...your mileage may vary...

Had dinner this weekend with two active and involved B1G families. They have several alumni and current students at Meeesheeegahn and Pedo State.

Their takes:
- No one in their "circles" has ever talked about adding FSU and/or Clemson to B1G, they didn't say impossible, but they thought ruse by ESPN to have both join SEC
-- They see ND + Miami + UNC before FSU + Clemson
--- They didn't see "pairs" as a requirement to any conference...if the name is what they want, the conference will make odd numbers work
-- They could see UVA to B1G as well
-- They saw bottom half of B1G has HUGE liability to conference (TV $, competitiveness, attractiveness, etc.) and believe B1G leadership does as well...they thought Sankey/SEC had a blindspot wrt bottom of their own conference
-- They believe B1G wants to encircle SEC geographically (to be fair, one of these gatos is military like me so we think alike)...believes expansion into Texas is a possibility (SMU or TCU, not both)
- They believe Moore is going to be awful
- They believe Franklin is Pedo State's "Richt at Georgia"...just won't ever get it done

Again...your mileage may vary...

Last edited:
I still think that this year is HUGE as it pertains to expansion.If Mario can win a minimum of 10 games and somehow gets into the playoff it puts us in a much much better place because neither Fox or ESPN wants to lose a Miami team that not only has a national brand but also has a large TV area that helps either station to become large in the state of Fla’s untapped S Fla Area,.’

Miami looks to be on the way back to national prominence I don’t think either FOX or ESPN wants to miss out if it happens because of Miami’s national brand as well as taking over the bottom half of the state of Fla.

I think we win and get into the CFP with the evidence for the first time in two decades that we are invested in the program FOX or ESPN will be forced to put us in the Big or the SEC.

Advertisement
Perspective from rabid B1G/Meeesheegahn/Pedo State fans...your mileage may vary...

Had dinner this weekend with two active and involved B1G families. They have several alumni and current students at Meeesheeegahn and Pedo State.

Their takes:
- No one in their "circles" has ever talked about adding FSU and/or Clemson to B1G, they didn't say impossible, but they thought ruse by ESPN to have both join SEC
-- They see ND + Miami + UNC before FSU + Clemson
--- They didn't see "pairs" as a requirement to any conference...if the name is what they want, the conference will make odd numbers work
-- They could see UVA to B1G as well
-- They saw bottom half of B1G has HUGE liability to conference (TV $, competitiveness, attractiveness, etc.) and believe B1G leadership does as well...they thought Sankey/SEC had a blindspot wrt bottom of their own conference
-- They believe B1G wants to encircle SEC geographically (to be fair, one of these gatos is military like me so we think alike)...believes expansion into Texas is a possibility (SMU or TCU, not both)
- They believe Moore is going to be awful
- They believe Franklin is Pedo State's "Richt at Georgia"...just won't ever get it done

Again...your mileage may vary...

Well, well, well...again, your mileage may vary

"...Momentum is building in the ACC to fire “lesser” programs to give raises to its marquee brands. Reformation is perhaps the only way for ACC commissioner Jim Phillips to keep Florida State, Clemson, Miami, and North Carolina in his league. Thus, castoff programs may form a quiet but frequently discussed proposed league focused on service academies and strong academic schools...

...Beyond those programs, things could really get interesting and perhaps nasty. Could Vanderbilt (SEC) and Northwestern (Big Ten) be politely told to get lost and join this new league? Not only is it being discussed now, but it has been discussed on the down-low in the past. And the brutal truth is that is where such schools belong instead of power football conferences.

As Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard warned, the Big Ten and SEC will eventually start a vicious cannibalization process. Pollard said he would not want to be a lower-tier program in the SEC or B1G because the power brands will eventually consume them. In this case, the ACC may prove to be a trendsetter that is ahead of the curve..."

Well, well, well...again, your mileage may vary

"...Momentum is building in the ACC to fire “lesser” programs to give raises to its marquee brands. Reformation is perhaps the only way for ACC commissioner Jim Phillips to keep Florida State, Clemson, Miami, and North Carolina in his league. Thus, castoff programs may form a quiet but frequently discussed proposed league focused on service academies and strong academic schools...

...Beyond those programs, things could really get interesting and perhaps nasty. Could Vanderbilt (SEC) and Northwestern (Big Ten) be politely told to get lost and join this new league? Not only is it being discussed now, but it has been discussed on the down-low in the past. And the brutal truth is that is where such schools belong instead of power football conferences.

As Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard warned, the Big Ten and SEC will eventually start a vicious cannibalization process. Pollard said he would not want to be a lower-tier program in the SEC or B1G because the power brands will eventually consume them. In this case, the ACC may prove to be a trendsetter that is ahead of the curve..."
Mike Farrell. That’s its that’s the post

Mike Farrell. That’s its that’s the post
Regardless of the author, it's an outcome that must be contended with eventually.

The networks simply aren't going to give the current state of Northwestern, Minnesota, Mich St, Iowa, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Kentucky, et al $70MM/yr into perpetuity.

Regardless of the author, it's an outcome that must be contended with eventually.

The networks simply aren't going to give the current state of Northwestern, Minnesota, Mich St, Iowa, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Kentucky, et al $70MM/yr into perpetuity.
It’s gonna happen unless those programs catch up. Northwestern is building a new state of the art stadium because they’re aware of the heightened expectations placed on them. Indiana is investing more into football as well. Their actions indicate that this isn’t mere conjecture, it’s shape up or ship out eventually.

Advertisement
I don’t SEE it. We’re going to run teams THROUGH the gauntlet? No more UNDEFEATED teams? Vandy, Miss State, Rutgers provide the cupcake WINS to have 12-0, 11-1 teams. Same way we schedule OOC games we know we will WIN. instead we want 9-3 NAT teams?

It’s gonna happen unless those programs catch up. Northwestern is building a new state of the art stadium because they’re aware of the heightened expectations placed on them. Indiana is investing more into football as well. Their actions indicate that this isn’t mere conjecture, it’s shape up or ship out eventually.
The more I look at the bottom 2/3rds of B1G and SEC schools, I just don't see a path for the majority of them for any network executive to say, "yeah, keep them at $70MM/yr".

Either these network contracts are funny money "just kidding" numbers or some member schools are going to get voted off the island sooner than later.

The math isn't mathing.

SEC and B1G need the Miamis and UNCs just to bring up their numbers, let alone this bull**** about partial shares.

NOBODY is watching Vandy. Nobody is watching Iowa or Northwestern or Illinois. NOBODY is watching Minnesota, not even the people who live in Minnesota dontcha know.

NOBODY.

I don’t SEE it. We’re going to run teams THROUGH the gauntlet? No more UNDEFEATED teams? Vandy, Miss State, Rutgers provide the cupcake WINS to have 12-0, 11-1 teams. Same way we schedule OOC games we know we will WIN. instead we want 9-3 NAT teams?
Didnt you hear theyre gonna expand to 14 team playoff next... ***** becoming the NFL lite

Advertisement
CFB is trying to steal some of the March Madness thunder. The same metrics used for Selection Sunday will start to creep in. Strength of schedule will be just as important as W/L soon.

The bottom dwellers are a poor investment for the networks. They get nothing out of paying them the conference share and it just burns a hole their wallet. College football is such a big business that they need to cut the dead weight. Whichever P2 does it first has a better shot to win the long game.

The more I look at the bottom 2/3rds of B1G and SEC schools, I just don't see a path for the majority of them for any network executive to say, "yeah, keep them at $70MM/yr".

Either these network contracts are funny money "just kidding" numbers or some member schools are going to get voted off the island sooner than later.

The math isn't mathing.

SEC and B1G need the Miamis and UNCs just to bring up their numbers, let alone this bull**** about partial shares.

NOBODY is watching Vandy. Nobody is watching Iowa or Northwestern or Illinois. NOBODY is watching Minnesota, not even the people who live in Minnesota dontcha know.

NOBODY.
Agree aside from one point.

I’m a punting fan. I watch Iowa.
ClKNey.jpg

Our admin incompetence isnt a reflection of our football INCOMPETENCE…

But their football INCOMPRTENCE is a reflection of their ADMIN INCOMPETENCE?

Should I assume we wont SUE because Cristobal didn’t KNEEL?
How about think before you type......

Advertisement
Back