MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Thanks bro. The morning/post coffee one is elite. But I just left ocean prime and this next one is gonna be special. Hope you’re having a great start to the weekend.
team america vomit GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

"The UNC money perch has been activated" much like the USC one was activated when they made the move for the B1G. They may be next.

Advertisement
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes ... regarding the infamous "composition clause". Is that activated once two schools ANNOUNCE they are leaving the ACC, or only upon the actual date of their departure? ie, if FSU / Clemson announce prior to Aug. 15 that they are leaving effective the 2025 season, can ESPN activate the composition clause immediately? Or is it only once they have actually departed?

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes ... regarding the infamous "composition clause". Is that activated once two schools ANNOUNCE they are leaving the ACC, or only upon the actual date of their departure? ie, if FSU / Clemson announce prior to Aug. 15 that they are leaving effective the 2025 season, can ESPN activate the composition clause immediately? Or is it only once they have actually departed?

I wish I could answer for you, I have no clue, but I think you meant to tag @TheOriginalCane, who I’m sure has an answer for you.

I wish I could answer for you, I have no clue, but I think you meant to tag @TheOriginalCane, who I’m sure has an answer for you.

Technically, none of us have seen The Composition Clause. It's somewhere inside of the "trade secrets" Fort-Knox-guarded ESPN contract held deep within the bowels of the ACC offices in Charlotte.

But having dealt with similar clauses, I'd imagine that the "one-year-notice" would cause the reduction in payout in the NEXT year. Even if F$U and Clemson were to announce an intent to leave the ACC on August 15, 2024, they would still PLAY IN THE ACC in 2024-25, so I don't believe that ESPN would be allowed to reduce the 2024-25 payout based upon a future event that has not yet happened. I believe the payout reduction would come into play in 2025-26.

Advertisement
Back