MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This guy seems to think Miami ends up in the SEC. Possibly because Miami hasn't burned or blown up the bridge with ESPN due to the lawsuits. Seems unlikely to me because of being such a better fit for the B1G. He is an FSU shill though so take with a grain of salt just like everything else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This guy seems to think Miami ends up in the SEC. Possibly because Miami hasn't burned or blown up the bridge with ESPN due to the lawsuits. Seems unlikely to me because of being such a better fit for the B1G. He is an FSU shill though so take with a grain of salt just like everything else.

One aspect of the "new realignment realm" is that prior "conference fit" thinking to a large degree is thrown out because it is now THE MEDIA PARTNERS who are basically selecting quality brands to add to their PROGRAMMING windows. You have to believe there have been detailed discussions between FOX / ESPN as part of the CFP negotiations and the mutual interest in making the "P2" a reality, discussing which teams each conference would potentially want to add. Also believe ESPN made some concessions to the B10 in order for FOX to have backed off of bidding on the new CFP broadcast rights.

FOX "we want FSU and UNC for the B10." ESPN "no, you can't have both ... take FSU and Clemson or FSU and Miami and we take UNC into the SEC along with one other". Splitting the major brands not already in the "P2" between them. Huge season for Miami to get back into the CFP discussions.

Advertisement

@Brains @Wake_Cane @TheOriginalCane @rsa coral gables @Hoyacane1620

What timeline could this suit be on?

Does it delay the others considering how important these documents are to those other arguments?

Big yawn??

I don't think that this delays anything.

First, F$U has already requested that document within the existing lawsuit. And they might not "need" the document to prove most of their arguments.

Second, this is a bit broader, on "public policy" grounds. Meaning, let's say that F$U gets the contract in the lawsuit, it might still be redacted or subject to usage ONLY within the lawsuit, while the Florida AG is saying "hey, if you do a contract with a state institution, that document should be public".

What is funny about this is that becomes another bite at the apple. Even if a NC judge says "ESPN contract can remain secret", the Florida argument is a very different one, and a Florida judge may rule very differently.

I don't think that this delays anything.

First, F$U has already requested that document within the existing lawsuit. And they might not "need" the document to prove most of their arguments.

Second, this is a bit broader, on "public policy" grounds. Meaning, let's say that F$U gets the contract in the lawsuit, it might still be redacted or subject to usage ONLY within the lawsuit, while the Florida AG is saying "hey, if you do a contract with a state institution, that document should be public".

What is funny about this is that becomes another bite at the apple. Even if a NC judge says "ESPN contract can remain secret", the Florida argument is a very different one, and a Florida judge may rule very differently.
Exactly. There is no way that the Attorney General in the state of Florida is going to be told her hearing date on this case in the same county the Florida state entity suing resides in as well as the seat of government is going to be held in three or four months. Additionally, it is one more reason for ESPN and potentially the ACC to want to settle because they do not want that out It seems.

So for the scorecard part of it - for the somewhat of a loss, but not really, that FSU took earlier this week where the loss was just in the delay, the filing of this case mitigates it in a different way. When it’s all said and done, I’m not sure if chess or checkers is being played but The games are definitely in full effect

Last edited:
Why are we waiting? Jump in and help break the back of the ACC! I hated it when Rad was spouting off about how happy we are to be members of this conference. They’ve been nothing but a bunch of dirtbags to us. Are we afraid of being sued again like when we left the Big Least?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Federal Court becomes the tie breaker then?

Could that happen?

I wouldn't say that. Two (seemingly) different outcomes could co-exist. For purposes of the contracts case, it's possible that the NC court could rule that the ESPN contact can only be "disclosed" to the lawyers reprsenting both sides, and that any evidentiary presentation of certain clauses is limited and/or redacted.

In Florida, a court may rule ON PUBLIC POLICY type grounds that any contract entered into by a state institution (such as a university) cannot be a "private" non-disclosed document.

The ACC and ESPN need to be careful here. The water is getting deep...quickly...

Why are we waiting? Jump in and help break the back of the ACC! I hated it when Rad was spouting off about how happy we are to be members of this conference. They’ve been nothing but a bunch of dirtbags to us. Are we afraid of being sued again like when we left the Big Least?
Because it doesn’t burn the bridge with ESPN like FSU and Clemson are doing. Miami has both ESPN and FOX to deal with for a landing spot. If ESPN is ****ed off at both FSU and Clemson and that forces them into the B1G then it is smart on Miami’s part to maintain two potential landing spots because they are not the top choice, but are the 4th choice.

We don’t know how many more spots the two conferences want to take during this next wave of expansion, but it would be nice to be wanted by either conference and network.

Rad may be playing this smarter than others. Let FSU and Clemson do the dirty work!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Rimshot GIF

This is not something that hasn’t already been stated, but the ACC knows they are toast and are going to drag this out as long as possible. Truthfully, that benefits us because our program needs to show out on the field this year. Miami has some proving to do. I mentioned this before as well, conference leadership and networks have to realize what HC built Oregon and how he is recruiting for a long term fix of the Miami program as well. Networks should see it too.
Goes to what I’ve been saying all along.we win and win big ( 10 wins ,ACC and maybe a trip to the CFP ) this year or next and force the networks to make sure we are included in the P2 cause Miami winning creates a LOT of eyeballs from those that love us or those that don’t.

FOX, ESPN or any other network that’s involved is going to want all those eyeballs on their station because the “U” on that helmet is a national brand not just regional and creates viewers when we win.

We win we will get a spot in the SEC or B1G.

Apparently Florida now has the AG and judge ASSIGNED and in cahoots on this ESPN DEAL just now.

Things moving FAST. Ron throwing his weight behind F$U. ACC ****ED

Advertisement
Back