MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Every time someone says the UM brass is forward thinking and isn't going to whiff on this opportunity - I have to ask, then how did we end up with JD Arteaga as the HC of baseball? The tiny glimmer of hope I have is the new chair of the BOT ( Silver) is phenomenonal, so maybe she can force Rad and Frenk into making decisions that aren't based on cronyism or nepotism.
I had a similar hope and had it pointed out to me that she is finishing her term sometime this year and her replacement is already to take over.

Advertisement
I had a similar hope and had it pointed out to me that she is finishing her term sometime this year and her replacement is already to take over.
hopeless hopes deleted GIF

Manny Kadre is the name. On several UM boards, law school, one of the med schools. Not sure what date Silver's term ends this year. But Manny is listed as the "Chair Elect".
Manny Kadre... Sounds like a made up name. It would be funny if he turned out to be Manny Diaz with a Snidely Whiplash moustache.

Advertisement
Manny Kadre... Sounds like a made up name. It would be funny if he turned out to be Manny Diaz with a Snidely Whiplash moustache.
I haven’t heard Laurie’s name regarding realignment. I don’t believe she was one of the people intimately involved. However, she does have experience with the networks.

Manny Kadre... Sounds like a made up name. It would be funny if he turned out to be Manny Diaz with a Snidely Whiplash moustache
Manny is a pretty accomplished businessman. Involved in a lot of business dealings with Manny Codina in Miami. Kadre is the Chairman of the Board of Republic Services (waste recycling in 40 states), is the CEO of MBB Automotive Group (owns at least 15 luxury car dealerships on the East Coast), was a major exec of Gold Coast Importers, and looks like Gold Coast restaurant group that is a TGI Friday's franchisor. Also on the Board of Directors of Home Depot. Under grad from Iona College and law degree from Fordham.

Manny Kadre is the name. On several UM boards, law school, one of the med schools. Not sure what date Silver's term ends this year. But Manny is listed as the "Chair Elect".
I know people who know him very well. I met him a few times socially.

CEO of MBB Auto Group (owns several luxury car dealerships on East Coast). He's also on Republic Services, Home Depot, and Healthcare Providers Board of Directors.

Business kinda gato.

I would hope he would understand the stakes for the right conference seat long-term for Miami.

Interesting to see if that aligns with what we see and scream about on CIS...

Frenk delegated athletics a long time ago. His involvement in conference realignment is minimal. For better or for worse Rudy Fernandez is a big part of that, along with Rad, Mario (to a lesser degree though he knows everything that’s happening) and key members of the BOT. Make no mistake they know how important getting into the P2 is.

We didn’t start looking at how to get out of the conference two years ago for nothing.
I love how people think Miami waited til last spring when Miami B1G “theoretical” back door channels that also prevent getting sued began (more than 2 years ago and
heavier once rad arrived) well before fsu ever thought of wanting big over sec a year ago and for sure in December over playoff snub. That’s just the history….

And in terms of “how did we wind up with x as coach” as proof that any subsequent decision Rad is involved in might also suck, if you make a bad decision (which I’m not even sure yet of because being fair it is too early in tenure to say that even if I didn’t love the hire either) does it mean every decision you make in your profession is going to be bad? Ridiculous, even if easy, to lay 20 years of frustration at the feet of people that weren’t there for 90% of it or in charge if it not in the past but might be now. I’m guilty of that too at times. Let me sneak in a **** you blake James and the hacks before you while we are here.

Past isn’t always prologue. But mope and troll away. We should start a div 1 team for that tbh. Maybe caneville can then argue about why some of you aren’t getting first team trolls in practice

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know people who know him very well. I met him a few times socially.

CEO of MBB Auto Group (owns several luxury car dealerships on East Coast). He's also on Republic Services, Home Depot, and Healthcare Providers Board of Directors.

Business kinda gato.

I would hope he would understand the stakes for the right conference seat long-term for Miami.

Interesting to see if that aligns with what we see and scream about on CIS...
I haven’t met Manny but I have heard about him. Apparently a big priority for him, and multiple BOTs, is completely overhauling the law school. It’s become an embarrassment and they know it needs a fix now.

I haven’t met Manny but I have heard about him. Apparently a big priority for him, and multiple BOTs, is completely overhauling the law school. It’s become an embarrassment and they know it needs a fix now.
Hmm maybe that’s why we are letting fsu lawyers do the work tbh

They also need to look at what Vandy is poking around to do in Palm Beach...terrible if they cede that territory and not expand...

If you aren't seated at the table, you are on the menu...

And in terms of “how did we wind up with x as coach” as proof that any subsequent decision Rad is involved in might also suck, if you make a bad decision (which I’m not even sure yet of because being fair it is too early in tenure to say that even if I didn’t love the hire either) does it mean every decision you make in your profession is going to be bad?

Because Rad already has a track record of making unbelievably short sighted decisions without thinking of the long term implications. You know why are in this mess with the GOR in the first place and have teams suing the ACC? It's because Rad was one of the biggest cheerleaders for signing a Grant of Rights that locked the acc into a 20 year contract. Heres what he said after Swofford announced that we were locked into a deal through 2036, and patted himself on the back for making teams forfeit media rights if they try to leave the ACC.

“That’s the glue. You don’t get to this point without understanding who you’re dancing with,” Radakovich said. “Certainly, longer term, there will be additional resources available to help fund our programs. Shorter term, the ACC brand, the Clemson brand and all of our 15 institutions, its sets us in a really good circumstance. As there are five Power 5 conferences, we need to make sure that we are positioned in a really good way to stay competitive with those other leagues.”

How's that working out?

And before you say, "oh well, that was just one egregiously bad mistake which has resulted in the death of the acc, can't judge his decision making from that"

He also single handedly cost Clemson tens of millions of dollars by committing a blatant Title IX violation. He unilaterally ended men's track and field and cross country at Clemson and literally said "the decision is final." The athletes lawyered up and had Clemson dead to rights. Clemson had to reinstate both programs AND THEN create two new non revenue women's sports (lacrosse and gymnastics).

So Rads attempt to cut costs by eliminating two men's programs resulted in Clemson having to indefinitely fund four non revenue sports. That's some 4d chess sh#t right there.

Here's what the men's teams lawyer said:

"This was a huge problem of Clemson’s own making, and they had no one to blame but themselves,” said Bryant. “They had not only put the school in violation of Title IX [by cutting the men’s programs], but had made the female athletes so angry that they were now aware of their rights and prepared to sue for their equal financial athletic aid and treatment, which they likely would have never done if Clemson had simply left things alone.”

Thats two epic unforced errors costing untold millions, and I havent even mentioned how bad UM sports are right now - this may be an all-time low for UM sports. We are something like 0-25 against FSU right now. And then you ask how anyone could doubt his decision making.

----
BTW -
I have been exceedingly polite and trying to engage in civil conversation with others. Some look at facts one way, I see them in another but I've never once told anyone I am right and they are wrong. Yet you keep calling me a troll for posting researched and sourced info that happens to hurts your feelings. You have some soft shoulders, bro.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

I mean yeah it is easy to do if you’re keeping 70 teams lol. But then that’s right back where everything was back in like 2010. The idea for a super league should be to have a high concentration of relevant programs.

14 teams minimum need to be cut from this list. Would leave 7 divisions of 8 (or 8 of 7…Or 4 of 14).

Maybe even 21-28 reduction (leaving 42-49) which is what a SEC/Big10 Power 2 Would be.

I mean yeah it is easy to do if you’re keeping 70 teams lol. But then that’s right back where everything was back in like 2010.

14 teams minimum need to be cut from this list. Would leave 7 divisions of 8 (or 8 of 7…Or 4 of 14)

I have an idea.

120 teams in ten 12-team conferences.

You could call it...wait for it...Division I-A...

Advertisement
Back