MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I would say this about Genetics.

First, he DOES have sources, but they are all Big 10 sources.

Second, as I have pointed out all along, he is WAY TOO tunnel-vision with his sources, he fails to see other points of view and other value systems. He thinks F$U and Clemson should SWOON over possible Big 10 bids when they would both prefer to join the SEC.

Third, he has become far too ****y and arrogant about his viewpoints, even to the point of glossing over the times he has been WRONG (i.e., Washington-Oregon will never be in the Big 10), and insisting that every single one of his inscrutable hints is actually some gateway into enlightenment and knowledge.

He had some early successes, and now everything has gone to his head and he won't even admit that the landscape keeps changing in some unpredictable ways. He's STILL trying to tell us "I predicted Notre Dame would join the Big 10". I guaran-*******-tee you, he will dine out on THAT ONE for the next 100 years if it comes to pass.

More rational people will admit to uncertainty. I know that ND could join the Big 10, but I'm not hinting that it's going to happen and then preparing to run around screaming "I told you so".

Genetics needs to settle down.
If by settle down, you mean he should go **** himself at this point then yes, we agree.

Personally, I think he’s got less and less valid information has time has gone by & somebody like flugar has developed more sources over time - where he may have had fewer overall before- potentially just from being in this every single day and just not being an *******.

Last edited:
Advertisement
SMU, Stanford, and Cal said, "hold our Colt .45 my brother..."

Which is y they, too, were accepted. My point is when u have teams desperate to leave a sinking ship, it’s much easier to get in when u’re not affecting other member’s bottom lines. They were also accepted for strategic reasons, being the ACC must remain at 15 for their contract obligations w/ ESPN

Which is y they, too, were accepted. My point is when u have teams desperate to leave a sinking ship, it’s much easier to get in when u’re not affecting other member’s bottom lines. They were also accepted for strategic reasons, being the ACC must remain at 15 for their contract obligations w/ ESPN
I personally think Yormark has last laugh 10 years from now and he transforms B12 into Basketball/Football P2 powerhouse...OR...

TV big wigs force breakup of B10 and SEC and everyone else and form superconference of the real players...

ante up for the big boys who want to compete in the league of 20-ish teams...salary caps, high school draft, overall program spending caps, the works....should hit around mid-2030s...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I personally think Yormark has last laugh 10 years from now and he transforms B12 into Basketball/Football P2 powerhouse...OR...

TV big wigs force breakup of B10 and SEC and everyone else and form superconference of the real players...

ante up for the big boys who want to compete in the league of 20-ish teams...salary caps, high school draft, overall program spending caps, the works....should hit around mid-2030s...
The high school draft part won’t work.

Lot of celebration going on over on Warchant on the "Realignment thread".

Regal Nole ... their media insider has stated "it's done ... we're out "... hinting that an announcement will be made before the season. Another poster stated "I rarely post but I have been following this for months and I have some information. I have been a pastor for the team for 24 years and know a lot of people inside the administration. It is safe to say "we are out ... it is a done deal and nobody that knows inside will make any comment as to WHERE we are going ... but there are options. It will be announced as a surprise, and we might have to play a season as an independent prior to joining our new conference".

Lot of serious people with legit contacts, not having the specific details, but saying it is now a done deal ... apparently meaning between the media partners and the conference(s). I am not speculation ... just commenting on what I read this evening .... and it is the first time anyone, let alone several "connected" people on Warchant have taken this posture, so it looks like things might be speeding up regarding the changing ACC landscape.

Regal Nole ... their media insider has stated "it's done ... we're out "... hinting that an announcement will be made before the season. Another poster stated "I rarely post but I have been following this for months and I have some information. I have been a pastor for the team for 24 years and know a lot of people inside the administration. It is safe to say "we are out ... it is a done deal and nobody that knows inside will make any comment as to WHERE we are going ... but there are options. It will be announced as a surprise, and we might have to play a season as an independent prior to joining our new conference".

Lot of serious people with legit contacts, not having the specific details, but saying it is now a done deal ... apparently meaning between the media partners and the conference(s). I am not speculation ... just commenting on what I read this evening .... and it is the first time anyone, let alone several "connected" people on Warchant have taken this posture, so it looks like things might be speeding up regarding the changing ACC landscape.
I’m skeptical

Advertisement

The ND board has been saying this the whole time. They don't have a huge alumni base where pennies from hundreds of thousands of alumni matter like at FSU. They need to keep their rich, old donors happy. They aren't going to sit back and let some media executive come in and f up their pride and tradition over TV deals. My take on them bringing in the NBC guy is to negotiate a deal like they currently have with the ACC with one of the P2. The P2 wants ND games as much as ND doesn't want to be in the P2.

I’m skeptical
Of course, you have to be. But there is an unprecedented level of confidence and even the team chaplain, in his comments, is something out of the ordinary. It's not some double wide living, gap toothed, meth head Nole, it is a very level headed, conservative individual.

BREAKING NEWS:

FSU to Brokeback Mountain League.

Advertisement
BREAKING NEWS:

FSU to Brokeback Mountain League.
Heck, they are commenting that they are looking at the 24 season as the "victory tour", repeat 12-0, beat everybody in the conference, even as independents, then face off with the ACC champ in the playoffs and beat them. Guys are delusional. There are other threads where there is some doubt about their portal QB ... might get beat out for the starting job or at least no clear separation. DJU is not looking to be the offensive boost they were looking for "but it's still early" was a comment. 9-3 would be nice for them or 8-4.

Heck, they are commenting that they are looking at the 24 season as the "victory tour", repeat 12-0, beat everybody in the conference, even as independents, then face off with the ACC champ in the playoffs and beat them. Guys are delusional. There are other threads where there is some doubt about their portal QB ... might get beat out for the starting job or at least no clear separation. DJU is not looking to be the offensive boost they were looking for "but it's still early" was a comment. 9-3 would be nice for them or 8-4.
I think they're an 8-4/9-3 team. They're gonna take a big step back on offense. Travis did a lot to conceal the issues they had there, and they lost like 90% of their offensive production from last year. Their HS recruiting is also nowhere near the level necessary to maintain elite production. The portal works until you get a bust portal class.

As for the realignment info, I'd be surprised if they announced they were leaving the conference without a landing spot. If they did leave and played as an independent, it would indicate that neither the BIG or SEC extended offers to them. Also, one reason why I don't think the ACC settles is because the minute they do, you're gonna have us and every other team in the conference filing a lawsuit to get to the same result.

Advertisement
I think they're an 8-4/9-3 team. They're gonna take a big step back on offense. Travis did a lot to conceal the issues they had there, and they lost like 90% of their offensive production from last year. Their HS recruiting is also nowhere near the level necessary to maintain elite production. The portal works until you get a bust portal class.

As for the realignment info, I'd be surprised if they announced they were leaving the conference without a landing spot. If they did leave and played as an independent, it would indicate that neither the BIG or SEC extended offers to them. Also, one reason why I don't think the ACC settles is because the minute they do, you're gonna have us and every other team in the conference filing a lawsuit to get to the same result.
The ACC doesn't need to settle anything. Leaving is a right as per the bylaws. ESPN is the one that holds the media rights .... that who has to be dealt with to leave with rights. UNLESS the interpretation of the GOR that Clemson is going with is upheld (the GOR is only applicable to ACC MEMBERS and once you are no longer ACC members your home game rights are yours). There are timing issues ... I believe they do have an offer ... and it might just be that they would need to play one year as an independent before being incorporated into a conference for scheduling reasons. Again ... speculating based on what I have read. Period.

I need my spiritual advisor @fraggle to weigh in.

This is critical moment and we'd all be better with his sage input.

So 8-4, 9-3 would be bad season for them, but good for us… 👀

Advertisement
Back