MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Lol. I'm sensing you keep falling for fellow message board losers like you who don't understand basic contract law. How do you drive in those huge clown shoes?

So you think I don't understand basic contract law. Yeah, hilarious.

I'm just wondering how you will start changing your posts once Clemson and F$U give notice that they are leaving the ACC. You know, the conference with the "ironclad" and "IRREVOCABLE" Grant of Rights that was going to keep everyone in the conference until the mid-2030s.

That's your position. No take-backs now.

Advertisement
There are no real "insiders" when it comes to conference realignment. This isn't recruiting where you're dealing with dozens of coaches, family members, representatives etc, any of whom could spill the beans.

Believe what you want to believe. There are so many parties to this (schools, networks, conferences) that there are PLENTY of people who have inside knowledge of what is happening.

Now, along with that "so many parties" concept, it is also hard to be completely authoritative, as a loose cannon like F$U can **** things up for other parties. Before Washington and Oregon decided to sacrifice their pride to take half-shares, they were definitely OUT of contention for the Big 10.

So, as Ferris Bueller once said, life moves pretty fast.

So you think I don't understand basic contract law. Yeah, hilarious.

I'm just wondering how you will start changing your posts once Clemson and F$U give notice that they are leaving the ACC. You know, the conference with the "ironclad" and "IRREVOCABLE" Grant of Rights that was going to keep everyone in the conference until the mid-2030s.

That's your position. No take-backs now.
moving-goalposts-goalposts.gif

Okay.

(Miami is not going to the SEC)

Read: You don't WANT us to go to the SEC. You may BELIEVE we are not going to the SEC. But there's a difference between wishing something, believing something, and actually knowing something. My point was that the number of people who actually know anything is very small.

Would be great if Clemson does go to the SEC ... that way FSU / Miami could be a package to the B10.
We can only wish. I prefer FSU and Miami in the same conference and to have more pull for recruiting away from UF vs FSU becoming SEC snobs as well.

Advertisement
Believe what you want to believe. There are so many parties to this (schools, networks, conferences) that there are PLENTY of people who have inside knowledge of what is happening.

Now, along with that "so many parties" concept, it is also hard to be completely authoritative, as a loose cannon like F$U can **** things up for other parties. Before Washington and Oregon decided to sacrifice their pride to take half-shares, they were definitely OUT of contention for the Big 10.

So, as Ferris Bueller once said, life moves pretty fast.

Plenty of people have partial knowledge of what is going on, but that's something to be mindful of. For example, let's look at a scenario which may or may not happen: someone from the Big 12 office might have caught wind that Miami has reached out to the Big 12. So they go on twitter and break the news "Miami in talks with the Big 12!." Twitter does its thing, and next thing you know, people take it as fact that this is where Miami's future is headed.

Meanwhile, what ACTUALLY happened was Miami reached out to the Big 12 as a contingency plan, to keep the door open just in case it doesn't work out with conference X. But the person at the Big 12 office, well all they know is that Miami was in talks with them.

And this is what I'm talking about, the circle of people who really know what's going on, ie have the complete picture, is smaller than you'd assume and the number of people with incomplete and therefore potentially misleading information is quite large.

Oregon/Washington to the BIG is actually a great example of that. It's not necessarily that things changed (Ore/Wash were likely always going to accept partial shares, what alternative did they have?) so much as the information that the BIG wasn't interested was PARTIAL, yes it was true on the surface and it probably came from a legit source in the Big 10 but what got lost in the game of telephone was that they were only not interested if it were full shares.

Read: You don't WANT us to go to the SEC. You may BELIEVE we are not going to the SEC. But there's a difference between wishing something, believing something, and actually knowing something. My point was that the number of people who actually know anything is very small.

I said from the outset that I preferred the SEC (assuming F$U was coming with us). I've wanted to join the SEC since the 1980s.

We are not joining the SEC.

Plenty of people have partial knowledge of what is going on, but that's something to be mindful of. For example, let's look at a scenario which may or may not happen: someone from the Big 12 office might have caught wind that Miami has reached out to the Big 12. So they go on twitter and break the news "Miami in talks with the Big 12!." Twitter does its thing, and next thing you know, people take it as fact that this is where Miami's future is headed.

Meanwhile, what ACTUALLY happened was Miami reached out to the Big 12 as a contingency plan, to keep the door open just in case it doesn't work out with conference X. But the person at the Big 12 office, well all they know is that Miami was in talks with them.

And this is what I'm talking about, the circle of people who really know what's going on, ie have the complete picture, is smaller than you'd assume and the number of people with incomplete and therefore potentially misleading information is quite large.

Oregon/Washington to the BIG is actually a great example of that. It's not necessarily that things changed (Ore/Wash were likely always going to accept partial shares, what alternative did they have?) so much as the information that the BIG wasn't interested was PARTIAL, yes it was true on the surface and it probably came from a legit source in the Big 10 but what got lost in the game of telephone was that they were only not interested if it were full shares.

Look, NOBODY has the capacity to know everything. NOBODY. Even Genetics, who has plenty of sources and is very wired in, has a blind spot over how much Clemson and F$U would prefer the SEC over the Big 10.

It's not the end of the world, and it's nothing personal. But there are plenty of people who have a lot (not all) information on what is happening.

I'm not assuming anything. I know who I talk to. I know where people I talk to are getting their information from. As an example, I had the Washington-Oregon information BEFORE it broke as a news story. But I didn't tell anyone. And I knew what was about to happen, that the "half-share" was going to become an unwanted option in the various negotiations.

And to be clear, I have always provided context in my comments. When speaking about half-shares, I made it very clear that the Big 10 would be "interested" in USF if USF offered to play for free for a decade. Yes, anything is possible.

What was stated about Washington-Oregon ALL ALONG was accurate. The Big 10 was not interested in them the way they were interested in USC-UCLA, or at the same price.

Everyone does due diligence. I've analyzed WAY more "acquisition targets" than my employer has ever actually acquired. I get it.

But in your Big 12 example (hypothetical or not), you can tell the difference between the TRUE insiders and the gossips. The true insiders **** well know that Miami is never ever ever ever going to choose to join the Big 12. And anyone who "reports" that Miami is in conversations with the Big 12 is just proving the point, that they do not KNOW what is actually happening.

We can compare notes when it all goes down. My intel is solid.

Advertisement
If we are for sure leaving and have an invite to the b1g, why did we vote for an expansion that makes it way harder to dissolve the conference?

Havent seen a good answer for that
There are a lot of different possibilities.

Just a few are:

- we are waiting for Clemson/FSU to foot the legal bills on challenging the GOR.
- adding Cal/Stanford is payback for AAU votes they gave us which is worth Billions.
- adding Cal/Stanford/SMU gives us $10M a year in extra funding while this GOR is sorted out.
- B10 asked us to wait a year or two while they absord the 4 PAC teams.
- Clemson/FSU leave for SEC and pay $120M exit fee plus whatever for GOR and Miami waits a couple years and collects an additional $20M a year.

Panicking is not an effective strategy.

Quick summary from Flugauer's show yesterday (he ask and then answers the following in the wake of the this week's rumblings out of Daboville):

Q: Why did Clemson send the message and to whom did they send the message to?

A: There's strength in numbers. FSU, Clemson and UNC have made their intentions clear. "Miami of Florida" (as the Minny-soda bumpkin calls us) continues to seem reluctant to rock the boat, but Clemson with its connection to DanRad can hopefully assist in getting things moving. Again, there is strength in numbers for when the malcontents begin to bum-rush Jim Phillips and the ACC lawyers.

Also, Flugauer either mentioned (or parroted what one of his viewers relayed) that Brett McMurphy said FSU, Clemson and UNC will be out of the ACC in three years (so 2026). I couldn't find confirmation of McMurphy saying that, so take it for what it is (or isn't) worth.

I do think it'll turn out that way, though. Makes complete sen$e for the SEC, B1G and Big 12 to have their membership fully in place by time the 2026 playoff and its media contract(s) are put in place. Create the format, control the vast majority of the revenue

I still expect us to announce for the B1G in conjunction with ND as well as fellow AAU members Stanford and Cal no later that 2025.

Look, NOBODY has the capacity to know everything. NOBODY. Even Genetics, who has plenty of sources and is very wired in, has a blind spot over how much Clemson and F$U would prefer the SEC over the Big 10.

It's not the end of the world, and it's nothing personal. But there are plenty of people who have a lot (not all) information on what is happening.

I'm not assuming anything. I know who I talk to. I know where people I talk to are getting their information from. As an example, I had the Washington-Oregon information BEFORE it broke as a news story. But I didn't tell anyone. And I knew what was about to happen, that the "half-share" was going to become an unwanted option in the various negotiations.

And to be clear, I have always provided context in my comments. When speaking about half-shares, I made it very clear that the Big 10 would be "interested" in USF if USF offered to play for free for a decade. Yes, anything is possible.

What was stated about Washington-Oregon ALL ALONG was accurate. The Big 10 was not interested in them the way they were interested in USC-UCLA, or at the same price.

Everyone does due diligence. I've analyzed WAY more "acquisition targets" than my employer has ever actually acquired. I get it.

But in your Big 12 example (hypothetical or not), you can tell the difference between the TRUE insiders and the gossips. The true insiders **** well know that Miami is never ever ever ever going to choose to join the Big 12. And anyone who "reports" that Miami is in conversations with the Big 12 is just proving the point, that they do not KNOW what is actually happening.

We can compare notes when it all goes down. My intel is solid.
Genetics56 posted a comment in his "realignment community" thread that today he received word from a contact at the SEC HQ that they are not happy with all of the noise FSU has made about leaving the ACC, feel it has created an unnecessary negative vibe, and might be distancing themselves from FSU making it more likely that FSU / Clemson head to the B10. Interesting. Could mean that when the SEC finally does make a move it is with UNC / UVA and then UM is headed to the B10 along with ???

Advertisement
The SEC is not turning us down when it means more money for them.

Even UF is not petty enough to forsake millions of dollars in extra money just to be a ****. A&M did not want Texas to join the SEC, but when it came time to vote for their admission voted yes.

I refuse to think the SEC will do nothing if the B1G decides to accept FSU and Clemson, encroaching on their territory and viewer base.

Genetics56 posted a comment in his "realignment community" thread that today he received word from a contact at the SEC HQ that they are not happy with all of the noise FSU has made about leaving the ACC, feel it has created an unnecessary negative vibe, and might be distancing themselves from FSU making it more likely that FSU / Clemson head to the B10. Interesting.

Will be interesting to revisit this when all the dust has settled and see what was on target and what was not

My two cents is FSU and Clemson are going to the SEC and none of the insider reports on FSU's hissy fit by Finebaum or anonymous Twitter accounts will amount to ****

Advertisement
Genetics56 posted a comment in his "realignment community" thread that today he received word from a contact at the SEC HQ that they are not happy with all of the noise FSU has made about leaving the ACC, feel it has created an unnecessary negative vibe, and might be distancing themselves from FSU making it more likely that FSU / Clemson head to the B10. Interesting. Could mean that when the SEC finally does make a move it is with UNC / UVA and then UM is headed to the B10 along with ???

Yeah, this **** has taken a few bizarre twists and turns. You know my posts, you know I've said that F$U was getting ahead of themselves at multiple points in this process.

The F$U AD's background is "booster club", same as Beta Blake's was "ticket sales". I am still disappointed in a few things that Dan has done (or not done) thus far, but I trust him to be an adult about conference realignment.

Who believes both B1G & SEC go to 32 schools or they stopping at 24 for now??

I think 24 is the upper limit, at least for now and the foreseeable future. FYI, at 24 teams, you are DEFINITELY going to see 10-game conference schedules. These networks ain't payin' all that money for nothin'.

AT MAXIMUM, you would have 12 conference games per week (assuming all teams play each other, with no byes and no OOC games). So you would have 12 slots to fill.

Can ABC/ESPN/ESPN2/SECN handle all of that? Probably, assuming that there is a SERIOUS drop-off in demand for the "remaining" ACC/Big 12 type content.

Can Fox/FS1/FS2/CBS/CBSN/NBC/MeTV handle all of that ? Absolutely.

Advertisement
Back