Colin Mobley 3* DT from USC Hits the Portal

15 snaps in two years? yeah i'm not sure he's what this staff is going for

so far they've gotten the best portal dt from FCS in gore and they almost got the best portal DT in FBS with adeleye

seems like they are going for proven commodities

Gore has been in FBS his entire career. Georgia State has been in the Sun Belt for 10 years.

Advertisement
Barely has played plus transferring FROM a weak DL group at SC, Yeah nah
Came in to say this....naw im good.

Yall ninjas was clowning about losing Jordan Miller...and now are clamoring for Haye types in the portal.

That DT spot is never big time in the portal...hence FSU poaching us right off the bat.

Spring camp is gonna be a sh*t show on defense if we dont get some portal guys and early entries right away

Advertisement

Yall ninjas was clowning about losing Jordan Miller...and now are clamoring for Haye types in the portal.

That DT spot is never big time in the portal...hence FSU poaching us right off the bat.

Spring camp is gonna be a sh*t show on defense if we dont get some portal guys and early entries right away
Looks like DT recruiting is going to be an every year problem because Mario seems to be real close with Salavea and he's always been a weak recruiter,just ask Oregon fans how they feel about him.

Looks like DT recruiting is going to be an every year problem because Mario seems to be real close with Salavea and he's always been a weak recruiter,just ask Oregon fans how they feel about him.

The lack of emphasis on DT is a little surprising for a coach who used to play OL. One would think his priorities would be: #1 OL and #2 DL. Mario wants to play 1950s era football and bleed clock, but that plan doesn't work if the other team is picking up 4.5 yards per carry. As others have said, I don't think top DTs hit the portal often so they have to be recruited out of HS.

Advertisement
Keeshawn Silver or Jordan Jefferson would be two players I hope we are targeting right now.

Yeah; Silver has 3 yrs of eligibility left. Jefferson, if I read correctly, has 1 yr left remaining, but he was very productive last yr playing the NT position, causing havoc in the backfield. Out of his 31 total tackles, 12.5 of them came behind the L.O.S either by TFL or sack. By comparison, everyone’s ppl champ, Nesta Silvera, had 6 behind the L.O.S, while the newly departed Darrell Jackson had 7.

Give me these two right now, & I’m hella happy.

Unfortunately, you are correct about a sheet show if we don’t get some quality DTs. Maybe one or two JUCOs at some point? I’d hate to move Anez Cooper there, but w the influx of Oline bodies that may be best for the team.

Advertisement
im good
dude is a proven jag
that USC defense line was garbage and he barely played
we took their best guy last year 55 and he barely played for us
this is a depth piece only

Silver hasn’t done anything either lol. He is a former 5 star tho
This was only his 2nd season and he’s been hit with some injuries. You’d be silly not to take him based on his potential.

With that said, you’d also want to pair him with a more proven DT from the portal as well.

Advertisement
I know you're joking, but I remember their DL dominating us that game. Still have nightmares
QGHUCl21lSxmKArLHr (1).gif

Advertisement
Back