Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
I know that, you know that. However, the narrative seems to be Florida is his "dream job". If that is the case and if Florida really wants him in a year or 2, it doesn't seem implausible to me that Florida pays the buyout and brings him aboard. They've been having a $30M+ profit in their athletic department, even with the lackluster football there over the past couple of years.

If Texas A&M can do it - pay off Jimbo and hire Ecko without blinking an eye, I don't see why Florida wouldn't do the same with Napier and Fisch. And it's not like Washington's pockets are getting any deeper to keep Fisch until the current Big 10 TV deal ends in 6 or 7 years. Again, this is on the presumption that Florida is Fisch's dream job and Florida really wants him as their coach in a year or 2.
Washington is probably using Bama’s buyout of DaBoer to cover Fisch’s buyout in Arizona. Maybe not dollar for dollar but does help offset the cost.

Ok, so they'll be richer than if they stayed, but it isn't going to make a yuge difference for a while.
Correct.

Which makes me think FSU must already have bids from both the Big 10 and SEC to add them as conference members because if only one of them is interested, what is to stop that conference from offering the same payout deal to FSU that Washington/Oregon received?

Washington is probably using Bama’s buyout of DaBoer to cover Fisch’s buyout in Arizona. Maybe not dollar for dollar but does help offset the cost.
Absolutely, but we're talking about if Florida wants to sign Fisch in a couple of years. Washington was paying DeBoer about $4M per year, what do you think Fisch will get paid at Washington $5M or $6M? If Florida really wants the guy in a year or 2 and offers $9M - $10M per year, can Washington match that? This is why being a full member of the Big 10 or SEC is so key.

I wonder if Fifita will follow. I assume he will.

But what a drastic change from Beautiful AZ to rainy and cold UW where the women don’t measure up.

Sorry - that’s the way I analyze things: Weather & women.
I don't know about all that. I've had more than a few crunchy granola PAWGs from the pacific northwest in my day. The women are just fine.

Advertisement
I don't know about all that. I've had more than a few crunchy granola PAWGs from the pacific northwest in my day. The women are just fine.
“Crunchy Granola PAWGs”

I Like It Good Job GIF

Praise the lord!

The last thing any of us want is Fisch at UF next year, when they part with Napier. Jedd did an incredible job at Arizona. I'm glad his *** is staying out west lol

I wonder if Fifita will follow. I assume he will.

But what a drastic change from Beautiful AZ to rainy and cold UW where the women don’t measure up.

Sorry - that’s the way I analyze things: Weather & women.
He's married and already worked for the Seahawks. I guess he's good with it.

Advertisement
I kind of feel bad for teams like Arizona. Perineally average at best with an occasional excellent year or two. Finally come across a good coach only to be poached by another program and once again need another head coaching search.

I know that’s not Canes related but remember losing Howard and then Jimmy and then Dennis and then Butch all in a row?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back