Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Strange move. Seems he could have gotten a higher position in the ranks moving up from head coach (at least DC)
True…I think DeBoer made a similar move from being a successful HC at a small school to being an assistant at another

Advertisement
True…I think DeBoer made a similar move from being a successful HC at a small school to being an assistant at another

Yeah, went from NAIA Sioux Falls to become an OC at So. Illinois. That’s quite a bit different from Entz who’s a HC at a D-1 FCS powerhouse. His predecessors, Klieman went to KSU after his dynasty run at NDSU, and Bohl went to Wyoming.

However, maybe Entz saw both of those guys move up in level of competition, struggle, & said he wants to learn the ropes of FBS, first, b4 making that transition. That would make sense, since he has examples from those two aforementioned coaches.

Yeah, went from NAIA Sioux Falls to become an OC at So. Illinois. That’s quite a bit different from Entz who’s a HC at a D-1 FCS powerhouse. His predecessors, Klieman went to KSU after his dynasty run at NDSU, and Bohl went to Wyoming.

However, maybe Entz saw both of those guys move up in level of competition, struggle, & said he wants to learn the ropes of FBS, first, b4 making that transition. That would make sense, since he has examples from those two aforementioned coaches.
If only Mario could struggle like Klieman instead of like Randy Shannon.

Entz interviewed for jobs and got passed by, might need some interview seasoning

If only Mario could struggle like Klieman instead of like Randy Shannon.

Entz interviewed for jobs and got passed by, might need some interview seasoning

He’s already getting a pay raise, (although living in LA County will quickly make him feel like he’s not, lol), but if he does well at SC, I think he’ll be a much more seasoned coach ready to take on a P5 HC job in the near future. If there’s a dramatic change to SC’s defense under Riley?! Yeah, opportunities will come knocking, especially after being a successful FCS coach at NDSU.

He’s already getting a pay raise, (although living in LA County will quickly make him feel like he’s not, lol), but if he does well at SC, I think he’ll be a much more seasoned coach ready to take on a P5 HC job in the near future. If there’s a dramatic change to SC’s defense under Riley?! Yeah, opportunities will come knocking, especially after being a successful FCS coach at NDSU.
Yeah that $400k a year in North Dakota went a long way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back