Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
It’s funny how things can change so quickly. I was living in Toronto in ‘02 and drove over to the Canes at ‘Cuse game. Their fans were super nice and welcoming to us as their team was getting beat down. They didn’t even seem to mind when Freddie Capshaw tossed the ball to Sean Taylor for a fake punt-pass TD late in the game for no good reason.

Their program has never been the same since those Miami beatdowns in ‘01 and ‘02.

🤷‍♂️
Go back a couple years… what they did to us in 1998 is unforgivable and we’ve made them pay for it since.

Since McNabb left after that season (98) it went downhill for them. Even pre McNabb with Marvin Graves they were fun to watch.

Go back a couple years… what they did to us in 1998 is unforgivable and we’ve made them pay for it since.

Since McNabb left after that season (98) it went downhill for them. Even pre McNabb with Marvin Graves they were fun to watch.
After McNabb it was over.

Advertisement

1702009342521.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly know nothing about the guy other than his current record and ties to the school as DC. But I’m excited for the next chapter.

Jon was a GA at UK while my boy played ball for them. (They won the Music City Bowl under Rich Brooks). I know Sumrall is a country boy from Bama, & played his collegiate ball at UK. Came up the proper way as a GA at a P5, then AHC/position coach at a FCS UCSD, then G5 at Tulane, then P5 at Ole Miss and UK, before finally getting the nod as the HC at Troy.

Took over a Troy program that went 3 straight seasons sub .500 under his predecessor, Chip Lindsey, and immediately won their conference 2 straight years, going 23-4 (Yes, it can be done). The 4 losses came to #15 KSU, & JMU this season, and #21 Ole Miss, & App St last season.

Taking over a program that went 15-20 in 3 yrs to go 23-4 the next two is impressive. I’m glad he made the jump from Troy to Tulane before jumping to a P5 team, like former Troy coach Neal Brown who, too, found great success there, but struggled at WVU until this season.

Last edited:
Jon was a GA at UK while my boy played ball for them. (They won the Music City Bowl under Rich Brooks). I know Sumrall is a country boy from Bama, & played his collegiate ball at UK. Came up the proper way, as a GA at a P5, then AHC/position coach at a FCS UCSD, the G5 at Tulane, then P5 at Ole Miss and UK, before finally getting the nod as the HC at Troy.

Took over a Troy program that went 3 straight seasons sub .500 under his predecessor, Chip Lindsey, and immediately won their conference 2 straight years, going 23-4 (Yes, it can be done). The 4 losses came to #15 KSU, & JMU this season, and #21 Ole Miss, & App St last season.

Taking over a program that went 15-20 in 3 yrs to go 23-4 the next two is impressive. I’m glad he made the jump from Troy to Tulane before jumping to a P5 team, like former Troy coach Neal Brown who, too, found great success there, but struggled at WVU until this season.
Appreciate all of that background!!

Advertisement
Jon was a GA at UK while my boy played ball for them. (They won the Music City Bowl under Rich Brooks). I know Sumrall is a country boy from Bama, & played his collegiate ball at UK. Came up the proper way as a GA at a P5, then AHC/position coach at a FCS UCSD, then G5 at Tulane, then P5 at Ole Miss and UK, before finally getting the nod as the HC at Troy.

Now that’s canesINSIGHT

Advertisement
Back