Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement

I was at the UM v SorryExCuse game in 1998.
Pretty drive through up-state NY but the city, school and worse, their fans, were total ****.
Had to pull my brother from several potential throw-downs.
Really obnoxious pukes, but a pretty popular school in the northeast.
Fran Brown and his staff should be able to recruit 7-8 win/season type of talent.

Kind of surprising seeing both KState and UKansas offensive coordinators leaving respective programs considering
both had long-ties to school and coaching staffs, respectively.
Both schools with excellent coaching staffs too.
I'm sure they have aspirations of head coaching gigs. Need to show progression for that to happen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was at the UM v SorryExCuse game in 1998.
Pretty drive through up-state NY but the city, school and worse, their fans, were total ****,
Had to pull my brother from several potential throw-downs.
Really obnoxious pukes, but a pretty popular school in the northeast.
Fran Brown and his staff should be able to recruit 7-8 win/season type of talent.
It’s funny how things can change so quickly. I was living in Toronto in ‘02 and drove over to the Canes at ‘Cuse game. Their fans were super nice and welcoming to us as their team was getting beat down. They didn’t even seem to mind when Freddie Capshaw tossed the ball to Sean Taylor for a fake punt-pass TD late in the game for no good reason.

Their program has never been the same since those Miami beatdowns in ‘01 and ‘02.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
It’s funny how things can change so quickly. I was living in Toronto in ‘02 and drove over to the Canes at ‘Cuse game. Their fans were super nice and welcoming to us as their team was getting beat down. They didn’t even seem to mind when Freddie Capshaw tossed the ball to Sean Taylor for a fake punt-pass TD late in the game for no good reason.

Their program has never been the same since those Miami beatdown in ‘01 and ‘02.

🤷‍♂️

They had some good talent during mid-late 1990s. Donovan McNabb plus northeast. But other schools like Rutgers (under new coach Schiano), BC, etc stepped up their presence in area. Plus they lost good coaches like Addazio, DeLeone, Kevin Rogers,etc. Heck even Ed Orgeron coached there for a season, helping Pasqualoni switch defense to 4-3.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back