Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Seems like he will get another chance somewhere after his stint as DC at ND.
Apparently he wants to get back to the NFL and is not a fan of recruiting/NIL. I don’t see him getting an NFL coordinator position, but that’s the word on his desired next stop.

Advertisement
Thinking aloud...Rocky Long and two of his former assistants at NewMex and San Diego State, were recently canned at MSU (Zach Arnett) and New Mexico (Danny Gonzalez)....for those into the 3-3-5 defense, these coaches are some of the best at running it. The other coach who is a member of that coaching tree did a good job at Nebraska this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Aranda stays but two new coordinators expected

I believe the current
His next gig would be DLC/AHC. Don’t think he’s yet ready for DC. One interesting potential move on our staff could be Jason Taylor going to LSU especially given that two of his kids go there. Dunno, just a thought…

It wouldn't surprise me as lsu as poached many soFla players and coaches in football and baseball over the years. Too much lsuPhiles in soFla.

I believe the current

It wouldn't surprise me as lsu as poached many soFla players and coaches in football and baseball over the years. Too much lsuPhiles in soFla.

You’re right about the Strong LSU connection in South Florida but it goes further back than football in the modern era. LSU was a very popular school for Cuban immigrants in the 60s because they offered a great engineering program.

Aranda stays but two new coordinators expected

Jeff Grimes was one of the more successful OCs a couple of years ago who will apparently be scapegoated. It wouldn't surprise if ends up as a G5 Head Coach.
The DC worked for Lanning last season. It wouldn't surprised me if he's being scapegoated as well.
Aranda needs to recruit better talent.

You’re right about the Strong LSU connection in South Florida but it goes further back than football in the modern era. LSU was a very popular school for Cuban immigrants in the 60s because they offered a great engineering program.

I had an uncle who was considering Tulane for medical school back in the 1950s so I get what you're saying.

Advertisement
Back