Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement

Honestly, with all the moves we have experienced that have been completely insane lately, this one actually just floors me and I’m waiting to see what the true story is. He is a legend and an alum with a jersey retired. He just got a contract extension that doubled his pay in November and while I am sure the Texas A&M is throwing bank at him it’s still just seems weird because Nebraska while nowhere near as rich as Texas A&M is still well resourced could certainly have matched almost any contract to keep their hometown hero.

Just wild. I feel for that Fanbase even though I don’t have any personal connection because every time I’ve encountered them they’ve been nothing but hospitable and decent from days gone by to the Rose Bowl to when we went to play then a few years ago in Lincoln.

Advertisement

If this does happen I'd be prepared for Matt Merritt to be on his way to Ohio State.

From Cincinnati, went to college at a D3 in Columbus, coached at that college, coached a HS program in Columbus, taught 7th grade at another school in Columbus, worked 3 years as a GA at OSU, got a degree from OSU, used to work OSU football camps.

100% his dream job. The only caveat is he never crossed paths with Ryan Day while he was there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Which staff? Jim Mora's UConn staff?
My bad I responded to the wrong post.
I’ve said since August last year that someone familiar with the buckeyes told me that the Ohio state’s staff has some serious chemistry issues. And that’s to put it lightly.
They literally can’t stand each other.
The fact that Hartline got demoted and now the rb coach that’s been there for a decade is going to their most hated rival proves it.
Idk the exact details. They but the thing I know for sure is that a lot of alumni have been upset at Day for a while.

The promotion of Hartline to OC got a lot of people close that the program even more pizzed off then they already were.

My bad I responded to the wrong post.
I’ve said since August last year that someone familiar with the buckeyes told me that the Ohio state’s staff has some serious chemistry issues. And that’s to put it lightly.
They literally can’t stand each other.
The fact that Hartline got demoted and now the rb coach that’s been there for a decade is going to their most hated rival proves it.
Idk the exact details. They but the thing I know for sure is that a lot of alumni have been upset at Day for a while.

The promotion of Hartline to OC got a lot of people close that the program even more pizzed off then they already were.

Good stuff and, yeah, now I see why that RB coach bolted to Michigan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back