Citizen Portal

During the Spring Game they said Mario expects Fletcher back for fall.

RB1 - Oregon St. transfer
Rb2 - Fletcher
RB3 - Allen
RB4 - Johnson
RB5 - CWH
I sure hope Fletcher is back but I'm suspect about anything this staff says about injuries and return dates. I hope I'm wrong.

But let's assume Fletcher isn't back. That leaves likely a portal RB and Allen as the only guys with actual collegiate experience; Johnson has a total of 11 carries in his career against Temple and BCC; and then you have 2 guys with no experience (CWH, and Lyle). I'm hopeful the young guys step up but that's not ideal.

Advertisement
Elite RB room

RB1 - Martinez (Big ticket purchase)
RB2- Peny Boone (stock is down right now, he's a 245 lb sledgehammer)
RB3, 4,5 - whoever looks better in practice

Did anyone else notice that Citizen never returned to the spring game after his fumble at the beginning of the 3rd quarter?

After reviewing the replay, i saw that he grabbed his right knee after that carry (the same one with the brace). It looked like his leg got rolled up under the tackler. Could this spring game fumble/ injury have something to do with his decision to hit the portal?

Advertisement
Not me. I want good players playing, idc about the players feelings. CFB has turned into a year by year show. You get the best players you can each year for the upcoming season and worry about everything else when you cross that bridge.

Btw, people keep bringing up Lofton. Lofton is only playing RB out of necessity. He isn’t a RB and shouldn’t be factored into a short or long term equation IMO. If Chaney and/or Parrish hadn’t left and Fletch was healthy, he would be getting zero RB carries. He shouldn’t be a reason listed as to why we shouldn’t be looking at more than 1 RB IMO.

“He looked like the best RB this spring though!!!”. Well that aint really saying much….
I disagree. They want Lofton on the field. You bring in Martinez and Lofton is still going to get some carries.

I sure hope Fletcher is back but I'm suspect about anything this staff says about injuries and return dates. I hope I'm wrong.

But let's assume Fletcher isn't back. That leaves likely a portal RB and Allen as the only guys with actual collegiate experience; Johnson has a total of 11 carries in his career against Temple and BCC; and then you have 2 guys with no experience (CWH, and Lyle). I'm hopeful the young guys step up but that's not ideal.
That is why is clear you need 2 portal RB's.

still inadequate.

Don't let the haters get to you. Damien Martinez fixes a lot, but right now, thats not a MIAMI ******* HURRICANES backfield.

Frustrates me sometime reading this forum, as if, we, as Miami Hurricane fans, many for a long time, don't know what a Miami standard RB Room looks like. Martinez is good, the other RB prospects are nice. A room of Martinez and a healthy Fletcher is very very nice.

But its not Portis, McGahee, Najeh, Gore, Payton, I'm James Jackson brother over here.

Advertisement
I disagree. They want Lofton on the field. You bring in Martinez and Lofton is still going to get some carries.

IMO, Lofton only gets handoffs as part of a greater plan to force defenses to utilize certain personnel and play in certain schemes, allows Ward to option off of how the defense adjusts to Lofton presnap. I definitely wouldn't count him as a true "RB" option. But I guess we'll see. I personally think we NEED two RBs from the portal.

IMO, Lofton only gets handoffs as part of a greater plan to force defenses to utilize certain personnel and play in certain schemes, allows Ward to option off of how the defense adjusts to Lofton presnap. I definitely wouldn't count him as a true "RB" option. But I guess we'll see. I personally think we NEED two RBs from the portal.
That is the best scenario, I want Lofton out there as an H-back taking snaps away from the type of guy who is in his 9th year as a dedicated blocker that the defense can ignore completely.

You @ me and said “most people expected…”

Which is a bold faced lie

Now all you’re doing is trying to play some weak *** Jedi mind trick gaslighting nonsense

Just take your L like a man and move on to something else this is embarrassing

Street Fight Fighting GIF by BrownSugarApp

Don't let the haters get to you. Damien Martinez fixes a lot, but right now, thats not a MIAMI ******* HURRICANES backfield.

Frustrates me sometime reading this forum, as if, we, as Miami Hurricane fans, many for a long time, don't know what a Miami standard RB Room looks like. Martinez is good, the other RB prospects are nice. A room of Martinez and a healthy Fletcher is very very nice.

But its not Portis, McGahee, Najeh, Gore, Payton, I'm James Jackson brother over here.
Of course the room is underwhelmed but CIS fire breathers have tell us for months how we have the best RB room in the ACC when in reality we have nothing proven except a good RB with a complicated injury. The others are change of pace backs. I firmly believe they will attempt to get 2 portal RB's if possible.

Advertisement
It really depends on Fletcher. If he’s a go, portal (Martinez?), Fletcher and Allen + CWH, Johnson, and Lyles is more than sufficient.
It depends on what else become available this window. If he is not ready by fall or get re-injured it will be to late to have a proper 2 depth.

It really depends on Fletcher. If he’s a go, portal (Martinez?), Fletcher and Allen + CWH, Johnson, and Lyles is more than sufficient.
especially if i attempt to keep ray ray joseph and bw involved with 2 jet sweeps a game for touches.

With Lofton appearing to get some touches it should be enough...

with what i would pay martinez im only bringing in a rb for minimum nil like low as ****.

You would bring in Martinez and maybe a

he looked good the last 2 games at arkansas an dmay want to ocme closer to home

Advertisement
especially if i attempt to keep ray ray joseph and bw involved with 2 jet sweeps a game for touches.

With Lofton appearing to get some touches it should be enough...

with what i would pay martinez im only bringing in a rb for minimum nil like low as ****.

You would bring in Martinez and maybe a

he looked good the last 2 games at arkansas an dmay want to ocme closer to home

Yeah I'm torn if we bring in Martinez in terms of another or not.... not against bringing in good talent; but at the same time want to give some guys we have a chance to earn some experience, etc...

Broham, your example is the Mt. Rushmore of RB rooms. Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out there's only been one room like that ever.

Broham, your example is the Mt. Rushmore of RB rooms. Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out there's only been one room like that ever.

We have a few collections of RBs on the Mt. Rushmore if we are keeping it real. Its ok. But that IS the standard here. I am cool with Travis Homer/DeeJay Dallas/Mark Walton/etc. but thats just a dollar store version...but still. The idea...our RB room is deep with guys that'll play in the NFL. Is that this room right now? Not yet.

During the Spring Game they said Mario expects Fletcher back for fall.

RB1 - Oregon St. transfer
Rb2 - Fletcher
RB3 - Allen
RB4 - Johnson
RB5 - CWH

Personally if he makes it back by November that would be optimistic. Give him the full redshirt and dont rush him back.

Miami had around 370 carries last year from its top 4 backs, but with Ward lets say they throw it around 70 more times nesxt year so 300 carries for the RB's next season.

Will probably look something like this :

RB1 - 160 - Martinez (He had almost 200 carries last year but Miami likes to rotate)
RB 2 - 70 Lofton
RB3 - 50 - Allen (Allen had 70 carries last year)
RB 4/5 -20 Johnson/CWH/Lyle

Its not ideal but not the worst, this is also basing on that Lyle might need a year and not ready to play so soon, but can be proved wrong.

Advertisement
Back