CFB’s Top 25 Coaches Heading into 2024

WeBallinBoyz

Whisper "It Just Means More" Again Daddy
Premium

Curious as to what everyone’s thoughts are…I’m listing one guy that’s too high, one guy that’s too low, and one guy that deserves to be in the Top 25 that isn’t mentioned.

Too high: Mike Norvell

He’s riding on the coattails of last season and a very impressive portal stretch, plus has a history of getting the most out of his QBs stretching back to his Memphis days. But even with last season’s undefeated regular season, he’s only 4-8 vs ranked teams, has never finished top 5, has never won a NY6 bowl, is 1-5 in bowls overall, and holds the record for worst bowl loss in CFB history, 63-3. I think being ahead of guys like Lane Kiffin, Kyle Whittingham and Mike Gundy is ludicrous.

Too Low: Mike Gundy

Every year, people question if he can replicate the offensive success his programs display, and he continues to defy expectations. Gundy is a Top 10 coach in college imo, and one of the greatest offensive masterminds we’ve seen in the sport.

Not Listed that I think belongs in the discussion: Willie Fritz, Houston (formerly Tulane).

He’s won at so many levels. NJCAA, TJCFC, MIAA and conference championships, G5 success, etc. Now he gets a much-deserved shot at the P4 level in a talent-rich state.

It is the off-season after all…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Too high, Lincoln Riley, is he successful? Perhaps, but I have never seen a coach do less with more.
I hate to be that guy but ummm....😬😬

Attachments

• 8ec5a1cf-78d3-4b61-8be9-cd74550c4a9f-1679552231095.jpg
    8ec5a1cf-78d3-4b61-8be9-cd74550c4a9f-1679552231095.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Advertisement
Apples to oranges dude, we are talking about a guy who is number 9 on the list and you are talking about a guy who isn't even on the list, so your argument is pretty much worthless.
My argument isn't about the list. Your quote was you've never seen a coach do less with more "EVER". We as Miami fans have no business making statements like that lol its like oj criticizing someone for domestic violence

Advertisement
My argument isn't about the list. Your quote was you've never seen a coach do less with more "EVER". We as Miami fans have no business making statements like that lol its like oj criticizing someone for domestic violence
I never said "ever", I said I never saw it, and I stand by it. He inherited a power house program in OK, and never made them any better, most would argue they got worse. He is in the decline at USC with all the resources in the world, and is about to get his **** pushed in by much harder competition in the Big10 than he saw in the PAC.
As Miami fans we have no business making observations?!?! What kind of halfwit bull**** is that?!?! Is this your first day on the internet? It is a social media post, perhaps you need to google what social media is...........
Again, you're comparing apples and oranges, but based off your last post, I don't expect much more from you. Have a nice day.

Advertisement
I never said "ever", I said I never saw it, and I stand by it. He inherited a power house program in OK, and never made them any better, most would argue they got worse. He is in the decline at USC with all the resources in the world, and is about to get his **** pushed in by much harder competition in the Big10 than he saw in the PAC.
As Miami fans we have no business making observations?!?! What kind of halfwit bull**** is that?!?! Is this your first day on the internet? It is a social media post, perhaps you need to google what social media is...........
Again, you're comparing apples and oranges, but based off your last post, I don't expect much more from you. Have a nice day.
Alot of people have inherited power house programs and dropped the ball as we know all too well so I give him props for that even though I wouldn't consider oklahoma a powerhouse program at that time which is why Stoops stepped aside. USC is in decline when they just won 10 games the season before last? If their in decline what are we ? Lol ...good day sir

The problem with this list is you get the guys who are good, sure, but also in the best situation. This doesn't indicate the best pure football coaches. There are guys on the 2nd half of that list that would do more in some of these situations like Ohio State, LSU, etc. than the guys there now.

Whittingham, Gundy, Brohm, and even Smith... throw them in the Ohio State or LSU job and give them the financial backing and the recruiting resources and staff there now and see how dominant those programs would be.

Hard to argue against Kirby Smart and Kalen Deboer. I've advocated for Brian Kelly plenty... good coach.. not the 2nd best in the country. Him and Norvell are drastically overrated. Ryan Day started his career on 3rd base and can't score on a sac fly or a past ball. Frozen there. Dabo had his run but he's behind the times as a HC now and his neglect of the portal is hurting his team. That's part of the job as a HC that he is ignoring. Sark is likely top 5-6 so I won't debate that. I view Gundy and Whittingham in the top 5.

Advertisement
Back