2024 CB Jamari Howard

Fair enough then…Agree to disagree, I think we are in very good hands in that aspect right now. I've seen more kids than ever since CMC got on board get an early UM offer or interest and then blow up. We shall see, I'll agree the jury is not entirely out and they aren't infallible quite yet.
Did Thomas, Day, Fredrique or Mack, blow up?

Advertisement
No…Not saying all of them do. But it's the same evaluators.
I'm not naive. I know how recruiting works, but typically, you want guys that are hot commodities. The fact that we have 4 DBs that we don't have to fight to keep is not a vote of confidence imo. But then again, it's possible that Mario and Zo are the best evaluators to grace CFB. In Mack's case if he was the reason or even A reason we got Trader I have 0 complaints.

Where does the "Addae can't develop" stuff come from?

Has had players drafted at his last few stops (AZ and WVU if we don't want to include the year at a powerhouse GA)…And 2020, his 2nd year with WVU the defense and the secondary performance was very good (#1 ypg, top 10 yards per pass, 12/11 ratio, top 25 in opposing QBR), and one of the kids he brought with him from WV and GA and coached the first 3 years is still starting there today and projected to be a 3rd to 5th round NFL pick last I've seen.

I mean is it Corey Raymond track record…God no. But this "he can't develop players" is a fairy tale.
Kinda once something gets put out there the heels kind of get dug in.
So i believe thats what happened to him.

What ic an say is...i hope in recruiting Addae would be more of a factor in SW FLA the tampa area on up more of a presence out there since thats where he actually is from.

Now if there is a chance for some sort of upgrade hey go ahead but im not in the fire Addae camp just yet.

Coach Joe is more on the hotseat and maybe just maybe he need to go find a poly dt to bring in lol

What ic an say is...i hope in recruiting Addae would be more of a factor in SW FLA the tampa area on up more of a presence out there since thats where he actually is from.

Now if there is a chance for some sort of upgrade hey go ahead but im not in the fire Addae camp just yet.

Coach Joe is more on the hotseat and maybe just maybe he need to go find a poly dt to bring in lol

Ya…I agree with Tampa area. Maybe he played part in Isaiah Thomas? (Although I believe he is a Canadian kid that's been in Clearwater couple years now)

Again I agree with your pluses and minuses. I'm just saying this "he can't coach" and "he can't develop" that others are pitching on here isn't correct…He has a track record. I'm fine with upgrading him, and his recruiting could be better, but imo he is not failing there.

Big Joe is glaring right now…Need to move on there.

Advertisement
I'm not naive. I know how recruiting works, but typically, you want guys that are hot commodities. The fact that we have 4 DBs that we don't have to fight to keep is not a vote of confidence imo. But then again, it's possible that Mario and Zo are the best evaluators to grace CFB. In Mack's case if he was the reason or even A reason we got Trader I have 0 complaints.

It is a valid concern that we're not fending off top programs for our DB commits. What we don't know is how big a factor senior evals play into final LOI offers going out. It feels like Mario is a straight shooter and can manage out kids that are performing well below plan. But that's still specualtion. It's a lot harder to get "out-recruited" for a STA verbal that this current staff recruited and evaluated than to nudge out a Malik Curtis or a Romello Brinson who the last admin recruited and has been passed up on the depth chart.

It is a valid concern that we're not fending off top programs for our DB commits. What we don't know is how big a factor senior evals play into final LOI offers going out. It feels like Mario is a straight shooter and can manage out kids that are performing well below plan. But that's still specualtion. It's a lot harder to handle a STA verbal that this current staff recruited and evaluated than to manage out a Malik Curtis or a Romello Brinson who the last admin recruited and has been passed up on the depth chart.
I dont think Mario is the push them out type. The issue is Miami is the only school worried about hurting feelings. Last year Billy supposedly ****ed off Polk county how has that hurt him? Now this year its "FSu and Dade". At some point, you just have to bring in better players.

Ya…I agree with Tampa area. Maybe he played part in Isaiah Thomas? (Although I believe he is a Canadian kid that's been in Clearwater couple years now)

Again I agree with your pluses and minuses. I'm just saying this "he can't coach" and "he can't develop" that others are pitching on here isn't correct…He has a track record. I'm fine with upgrading him, and his recruiting could be better, but imo he is not failing there.

yea he locked Isaiah Thomas as Thomas pplays in Clearwater and actually is half Ghanaian which is also what Addae is. Which is why when i saw folks say we should or would or should drop him i knew that wouldnt happen.

Advertisement

The mandarin cbs showed me he isn’t long for here. My only thing keeping me going with him is porter he is a lockdown this season

Last secret I will give away for free. You don't have to "lock down SFL" to be successful. How many top 10 teams lock down SFL every year. I'll exit.
your never going to lock down south florida because that is infeasible when u literally have a legitimate big 3 and kids/families actually grow up fans or alumnis of the other big programs in the area.

The key is grabbing a majority of the elite and filling holes ont he s.fla misses with elites from else where...and hitting on the "right" s.fla guys in recruiting that arent obvious 5 star types.

Us who have been vets in recruiting have seen the Mack's and Frederiques at times go elsewhere and hit. You got to know which ones to go with son.

The mandarin cbs showed me he isn’t long for here. My only thing keeping me going with him is porter he is a lockdown this season
one of those is a flip i want and not talked about enough honestly. lol

Porter has been really sticky so far this year. And Porter is a complete Addae eval an offer from out of high school

your never going to lock down south florida because that is infeasible when u literally have a legitimate big 3 and kids/families actually grow up fans or alumnis of the other big programs in the area.

The key is grabbing a majority of the elite and filling holes ont he s.fla misses with elites from else where...and hitting on the "right" s.fla guys in recruiting that arent obvious 5 star types.

Us who have been vets in recruiting have seen the Mack's and Frederiques at times go elsewhere and hit. You got to know which ones to go with son.
Yes the key is to grab the elites. The problem is we try to build entire teams and miss out on the elites.

Advertisement
one of those is a flip i want and not talked about enough honestly. lol

Porter has been really sticky so far this year. And Porter is a complete Addae eval an offer from out of high school
I would take both mandarin dbs right now I would take bellgrave if we were taking one and swing for Robinson

I'm getting sick of agreeing with you haha

It's like we share a f**kin brain..pause

Well said again and I think we've both posted this hundreds of times….But this board speaks in extremes.

This guys sucks, this guy's great (sometimes switching and either way mostly can't wait to run to a message board to say "I told you so" to put fingers to keyboard if something happens in the 1st quarter of the next game)….Fire this coach…This coach is god…We have to lock down and never let any Sofla kid leave/F**k South Florida divas…Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@gogeta4

I don’t even think he has camp tape either. Idk where they’re getting his ranking from unless they’re trying to project the **** out of him. He’s 2 years away from being playable.

He was a west coast guy his entire life. Didn‘t understand why he out of all people were brought over.

Advertisement
Back