2024 Carlon Jones, DT, Bay City (TX) (Nebraska Commit)

itsdolphhh

Sophomore
Premium
There is smoke that Artavius Jones is flipping to FSWho.
We lost out on Aydin Breland, David Stone, Jayden Jackson & Justin Scott.
LJ McCray is going somewhere that's not here.
The staff doesn't seem interested in local DTs Flagg and Nicolas.

We're stuck in a fever dream right now. Salave'a was supposed to be the best recruiter on the roster, and he's looking like Polynesian Jon Richt.

In the midst of me looking for possible DT recruits, I stumbled upon Carlon Jones. He hails from Bay City, Texas, a country *** town 80 miles southwest of Houston. It is the hometown of former Texas Longhorn & NFL veteran Quentin Jammer & his younger half-brother, Seattle Seahawks safety Quandre Diggs. It is also the hometown of one of my favorite new rappers, That Mexican OT.

Carlon plays for Bay City High & is listed at 6'3" 285. What pops out the most is his stat line.

- As a sophomore, he totaled 63 tackles, 2 sacks and 11 TFLS
- As a junior, he totaled 102 tackles, 13 sacks, and 29 (TWENTY NINE) TFLs.
- This season, he already has 8.5 sacks through 7 games!

The kid is a flat out gamer. Bay City is backwoods Texas competition, but keep in mind that even backwoods Texas football produces freak athletes & elite football players. He plays on the edge in high school but will be a pure 3-tech in college. He chose Nebraska over Cal, Oklahoma State and TCU. His teammate Brice Turner signed with Nebraska in 2023, a 6'2" 180 speed demon WR with 10.25 100/21.04 200 track speed. We have a much brighter future & a much higher trajectory than them. We can easily flip this kid if we really pursue him.

Advertisement

We're stuck in a fever dream right now. Salave'a was supposed to be the best recruiter on the roster, and he's looking like Polynesian Jon Richt.

In the midst of me looking for possible DT recruits, I stumbled upon Carlon Jones. He hails from Bay City, Texas, a country *** town 80 miles southwest of Houston. It is the hometown of former Texas Longhorn & NFL veteran Quentin Jammer & his younger half-brother, Seattle Seahawks safety Quandre Diggs. It is also the hometown of one of my favorite new rappers, That Mexican OT.

Carlon plays for Bay City High & is listed at 6'3" 285. What pops out the most is his stat line.

The kid is a flat out gamer. Bay City is backwoods Texas competition, but keep in mind that even backwoods Texas football produces freak athletes & elite football players. He plays on the edge in high school but will be a pure 3-tech in college. He chose Nebraska over Cal, Oklahoma State and TCU. His teammate Brice Turner signed with Nebraska in 2023, a 6'2" 180 speed demon WR with 10.25 100/21.04 200 track speed. We have a much brighter future & a much higher trajectory than them. We can easily flip this kid if we really pursue him.

Good find…

Re: Salave'a…Was he ever supposed to be a strong recruiter outside of Polynesian kids ? I don't ever remember him having that rep to begin with? I thought he was more of the motivational/technical type coach?

Whatever the **** he is, he botched it.

kids better be careful jumping on the FSU Jordan Travis-less bandwagon. We all saw our floor in a prehistoric offense without our starting QB….5-7. Aside from the GT fiasco, we’re trending in the right direction and what’s more important, a SUSTAINABLE path.

Be a huge loss if he flips nonetheless

Advertisement

Yeah It’s dire right now but even if we do land McCray and hold onto Jones I would still like to add another 1 or 2 more DTs to develop to the room.

Yeah It’s dire right now but even if we do land McCray and hold onto Jones I would still like to add another 1 or 2 more DTs to develop to the room.
Right. We'll land someone and the peacocks will come running in forgetting we've been here the whole time when we were getting 4 whales.... and they'll point to Gore and his incredible game against Temple.... and "feel good here"

kids better be careful jumping on the FSU Jordan Travis-less bandwagon. We all saw our floor in a prehistoric offense without our starting QB….5-7. Aside from the GT fiasco, we’re trending in the right direction and what’s more important, a SUSTAINABLE path.

Be a huge loss if he flips nonetheless
Yep the lose a ton going into next year

Advertisement
Well see how good fsu is without travis next . 6 years in college he should be elite 🤣 i see another 5 loss team next year. Yes Miami will dominate them next year i have us loosing this year 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
@Memnon

Good ****. Looks alot like Deen.

All motor, no quit and he’s mean. These are the dudes we need to find. You’re not getting 5* kids with no proof of development. Hence why it seems we get who we want at edge but not inside.

@Memnon

Good ****. Looks alot like Deen.

All motor, no quit and he’s mean. These are the dudes we need to find. You’re not getting 5* kids with no proof of development. Hence why it seems we get who we want at edge but not inside.
You hitting it on the money but they dont understand it.

Especially when the 5 star guys are never local at DT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back