Caneville Clowns

He was always nothing more than a game manager. Exactly the same guy those Bama QB's were before Kiffin arrived at Bama and they changed from cave man ball. Kenny was surrounded by the absolute best talent, just like those game managers that Bama had.

QB's like Kelly, Kosar, Testeverde, Torretta and maybe even Kaaya would have held all time NCAA records behind that OL with all of those weapons and an eternity to throw the ball.

Once again, Santana waited or had to come back to balls thrown by Dorsey fairly frequently. Most QB's in college football never had such an advantage of never getting touched or even pressured and having an eternity to throw the ball. Others would have done more. I know it isn't popular to say it but it is the truth.
I hate that term "game manager." It's such a wildly inaccurate description given to qb's now days that don't throw the ball 50 times a game and run 20 times per game. I guess Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Troy Aikman were game managers.

Ken Dorsey was not a game manager. He was a great college qb surrounded by even better talent. I don't recall ever where Kenny just checked down all game and did little dink and dunk passes. Kenny had full control of the offense and threw the ball all over the field. Now, he certainly had his bad games, and I do remember him underthrowing Santana Moss on a few occasions. No argument from me there. However, Dorsey was not a game manager, he just didn't have the biggest arm and wasn't mobile.

Advertisement
Maybe I should’ve you used a different word but I feel like real is prudent. If you have been following Footballville since the beginning they would probably use the same word, “real” to describe Miami youth and Hs football.

Real means, coverage without fluff shǐt. Games showing parents yelling and screaming. Interviews with kids where they can be their authentic self. Miami football on full display.

People will always have a preference for what they follow. It’s wild to me how canes fans segment each other and want to discredit or put others down because they have a different perspective.

People at footballville and Caneville do great work in the community and they happen to be black men covering a sport in which the majority of the players at highest level are black. That comes with advantages and disadvantages.
I don’t really have a dog in the fight. I think there’s something to some of what’s being said with them @ Luke on the Jacurri issue but it’s not so out of the ordinary of what I’ve seen. I like Jacurri and wish him well and I don’t think Emory is that good. Each has drawbacks on the field. We need better to win more games.

I hate that term "game manager." It's such a wildly inaccurate description given to qb's now days that don't throw the ball 50 times a game and run 20 times per game. I guess Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Troy Aikman were game managers.

Ken Dorsey was not a game manager. He was a great college qb surrounded by even better talent. I don't recall ever where Kenny just checked down all game and did little dink and dunk passes. Kenny had full control of the offense and threw the ball all over the field. Now, he certainly had his bad games, and I do remember him underthrowing Santana Moss on a few occasions. No argument from me there. However, Dorsey was not a game manager, he just didn't have the biggest arm and wasn't mobile.

It was not like Dorsey was a nobody when being recruited. His status as a recruit was still above average. One of the best we ever had regardless of varying opinions. Also, his arm was not that bad. He was accurate, he took no sacks(of course our O-line was major in that), and he certainly made use of the great talent around him. Our receivers don't put up the numbers they did without him. TEAM game and they all played great together.

I still remember the Washington game when he had to play with limited practice snaps yet did not do too bad on the road against a very good team. The rest is history. At the end of the day, it is still a team game.

Some are either too young or do not remember the BC game that year also. On paper it should not have even been a game. You can't play at the very top of your game every single week and that's why you play the games. All I know is from that game we got screwed vs blOhioSU and the almost 20 years before, it was the best being a canes fan, especially in ND and PedSU territory. We loved them and everyone else in college football hated us.

And to add, the Bama game in the sugar bowl in '93. Both undefeated, but we were heavily favored on a long winning streak and got our a$$es handed to us. Teague running down Lamar was one of my biggest rollercoaster of emotions ever. Still can not believe he ran him down and took the ball. Point is, you can only hope to play your best come gametime. Life sux sometimes.

They were not the better team before that game, but they were better prepared than us and it showed. And of course the nightmare game against PedSU for the title where if you looked at all the stats other than the score, you would think we won easily. Again, we were the much better team before the game was played.

Kenny had full permission to audible from Day one as well.

Advertisement
He was always nothing more than a game manager. Exactly the same guy those Bama QB's were before Kiffin arrived at Bama and they changed from cave man ball. Kenny was surrounded by the absolute best talent, just like those game managers that Bama had.

There are a **** of a lot of QB's who played college football that would have done very well and had great stats surrounded by the talent Ken was surrounded by. QB's like Kelly, Kosar, Testeverde, Torretta and maybe even Kaaya would have held all time NCAA records behind that OL with all of those weapons and an eternity to throw the ball.

Once again, Santana waited or had to come back to balls thrown by Dorsey fairly frequently. Most QB's in college football never had such an advantage of never getting touched or even pressured and having an eternity to throw the ball. Others would have done more. I know it isn't popular to say it but it is the truth.
Nowhere near true. But ur entitled to ur opinions as well. I guess the flip side of that would be when he came in as a true freshman playing with nothing but third stringers and other back ups since we had no depth when he came in due to probation and was carving up our starters in practice FROM DAY 1... Anyone around the program could tell you when our all world athlete we had at QB in Kenny Kelly and him were both on the field together it was clear as day who the far better player was.

A lot of people knew the way the 10 win season ended that teams had caught up to Rosier. It was clear that if he returned as starter the following year that the team would fall off and it cost Richt and staff dearly. Of course that was before Richt knew about his condition as well.
I don't get why you keep saying things as fact that aren't exactly true. #1 it was known Malik rosier was a **** option from the second it became a possibility. The only reason he ever played is because of how bad our oline was. #2 cmr knew about his condition and where things were heading in 17. @franchise and I were already discussing (and other people as well) that the signs were clear as day. Only thing that couldn't be elaborated on here was his medication etc. Rosier came back to start because we had zero options. While everyone complained about cmr play calling no one took a second to understand it was mandatory we go about things that way because no one had the skill set to expand.

It was not like Dorsey was a nobody when being recruited. His status as a recruit was still above average. One of the best we ever had regardless of varying opinions. Also, his arm was not that bad. He was accurate, he took no sacks(of course our O-line was major in that), and he certainly made use of the great talent around him. Our receivers don't put up the numbers they did without him. TEAM game and they all played great together.

I still remember the Washington game when he had to play with limited practice snaps yet did not do too bad on the road against a very good team. The rest is history. At the end of the day, it is still a team game.

Some are either too young or do not remember the BC game that year also. On paper it should not have even been a game. You can't play at the very top of your game every single week and that's why you play the games. All I know is from that game we got screwed vs blOhioSU and the almost 20 years before, it was the best being a canes fan, especially in ND and PedSU territory. We loved them and everyone else in college football hated us.
As long as I live I'll never forget the game winning drive vs FSU in 2000, and was blessed to watch it from behind the sidelines. Right before KD hit Shockey, I was actually on the sideline. Talk about a work of art that drive was...against a **** good team & secondary. For such a so-called weak arm...KD threw some bullets.

Advertisement
As long as I live I'll never forget the game winning drive vs FSU in 2000, and was blessed to watch it from behind the sidelines. Right before KD hit Shockey, I was actually on the sideline. Talk about a work of art that drive was...against a **** good team & secondary. For such a so-called weak arm...KD threw some bullets.
He had plenty of zip for the college game. He did throw a wobbly looking ball, but not they were dead ducks.

There are certain quarterbacks who can perform when given high caliber teammates.

There are certain quarterbacks who can carry teams.

I don’t like punishing guys who lucked into talented rosters but there are a ton of championship winning quarterbacks who would have sucked if not surrounded by incredible talent. It’s why I hate judging quarterbacks on win/loss records. If a dude throws for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns but still loses is he worse than a guy who threw for 138 and 2 picks but won the game because his defense and running game carried the load?

I agree. Still have all those games on vcr tapes. Wish I had your spot to watch instead of the television, but the pass to Shockey capped off a great one. I had chills watching that place go crazy so i can imagine being there live, what you experienced.

Advertisement
I agree. Still have all those games on vcr tapes. Wish I had your spot to watch instead of the television, but the pass to Shockey capped off a great one. I had chills watching that place go crazy so i can imagine being there live, what you experienced.
KD knew it was over with LBer Allen on Shockey.

Most memorable game I watched from the sidelines in 6yrs of having a sideline pass...UCLA 98 was a close second.

Maybe I should’ve you used a different word but I feel like real is prudent. If you have been following Footballville since the beginning they would probably use the same word, “real” to describe Miami youth and Hs football.

Real means, coverage without fluff shǐt. Games showing parents yelling and screaming. Interviews with kids where they can be their authentic self. Miami football on full display.

People will always have a preference for what they follow. It’s wild to me how canes fans segment each other and want to discredit or put others down because they have a different perspective.

People at footballville and Caneville do great work in the community and they happen to be black men covering a sport in which the majority of the players at highest level are black. That comes with advantages and disadvantages.
Thanks, that is the context I was looking for. Personally, I couldn't care less about youth football and I don't use social media so I don't come across much of their work outside of a thread like this.

Advertisement
Ken Dorsey actually won some games in the NFL for one of the sorriest *** 49ers teams in NFL history

Of course he won big here because of the talent around him but let’s put some respect on his name
I actually taped the game against the bears where he faced off against Craig krenzel

Also, had family friends whose son went there in I think 96, Danny Kendra, and was all set to take over as there qb in '98 until a devastating knee injury. In high school he was the Parade All-American (1995 National Offensive Player of the Year). A Stud. Hid dad, Danny Sr., was a qb at West Virginia when Bowden was there, obviously opening the door for him to go to FSU.

I used to tell them both at family get togethers, etc that he should be a Cane. Big solid kid like his dad. And he could do it all as you can see from the national awards. After the knee injury they tried to turn him into a fb, with not much success. Only time I ever felt bad for a player on the enemy side.

Up here in Pa the story was that he was picking between FSU and PSU. There was zero chance he was going to PSU and I can not repeat on here what the dad actually said if he signed with Ped St. Great family even though I hated he picked FSU.

Advertisement
Back