Canes vs UVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unfortunately, I believe no amount of talent will fix what is ailing this team, brother.

Mario is a fantastic recruiter, but needs major help as a game day coach. He needs someone knowledgeable to direct him on who to hire as OC/DC, and not get in their way.
Oh I agree. I just think Gattis is here for the season. At this point nothing we can do but enjoy the recruiting and hope for better help on the OC side.

I don’t see it with Garcia. I thought he’d be better. We legit do not have a reliable passer behind TVD and that’s independent of Gattis.

Rashada should absolutely come in here and compete and we should be looking for a transfer portal QB as well.
It's a bit too early for that type of talk. Y'all basing this off of 2 games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Garcia looks lost out there. I have never seen such an offensive disaster....should use Brown from here on out & get him some experience. Season is lost anyway.

remember when we used to run a fake QB power and throw to mallory or rooster for 80 yards?

most disappointing thing is not being able to scheme a guy open. hasnt happened in 8 games

Advertisement
Oh I know. It's just really hard to stomach another year of being told "be patient. new coach is changing the culture and getting his guys. 3-4 years and we'll be back". Nearly 20 years hearing that same thing and we've made 0 progress.
The Portal is what has changed the dynamic & hastened the process of building a team.

The old adage of it taking 4+ years before you can build a team into a winner doesn’t really ring true when you have Free transfers now.

I fully understand that we suck & that our players are the worst to ever play the game of Football, but this same team won 7 games last year with a worse Coach at the helm, all because the scheme allowed for average players the ability to be productive enough to put up points against at least equal opponents.

This season we’re likely going to be a 4 (at best) 5 win team & even if someone is the most ardent Mario worshipper that has to be a red flag & a concern.

Yes, we’re doing a great job on the recruiting trail & that’s very good; recruiting is half the battle, but if Mario doesn’t do some serious soul searching, replace & revamp the Offensive staff & hit the portal like his life depended on it, everyone saying “wait til next year!” will be saying it again next year & the next & the next & the next...

It doesn’t take as long as the excuse makers want you to believe to put forth a competent above .500 team on the field, look no further than TCU, Duke, South Carolina, Maryland, UCLA & several others.

**** look at LSU & how different they are from last year to this year.

People can make every excuse on Earth they wanna make & God knows they will, but the cold hard truth is, if this team doesn’t win some **** games next year we got a big fckin problem on our hands & it doesn’t start with “iTs tHe pLaYeRs bRo!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back