Canes vs. Southern Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Route concepts were not good often at Michigan, which is why the offense depended so much on TE/RB receptions.

This is college, not the NFL. You can scheme WRs open often, even Miami WRs. It should not be this difficult to script plays to beat So Miss. It's baffling with what we have on offense right now.

Bingo.

Advertisement
Offense seems to want to play fast. They’re running up to the line real quick after each play, then they have to sit for 10 secs. It’s getting them off rhythm, that 2 min drill looked way more smooth with the hurry up.
It's because that's what they did for 2 years, it's the offense they are comfortable in. Right now they are running a brand new offense and they aren't comfortable. I said earlier this year our offense would have struggles adjusting to the new scheme if Mario runs the offense he wants. We're kind of at in impasse, do we keep running the scheme Mario wants and go through learning pains and be better off in year 2 or do we adjust to the style of play we're best suited for?

Advertisement
This is about execution or rather the lack of it. It starts with the offensive line. If they don't block, it doesn't matter what the play is.
I turned the game off after a while but there were a ton of missed opportunities that I saw

So the play calling didn’t appear to me to be the issue though I get why people were frustrated at the pace but that’s mostly because we were not executing well imo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Glad I came in here so I saw the jugs on that cheerleader that I missed. The best part of the game so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back