Canes vs. Southern Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
T

That's two small of a sample size to mean anything. TVD played good last week, he just had a bad game today it happens. He was still 20/29 for 250 yards 1TD 1INT, so let's not act like he was just absolute garbage. It was just a bad game for his standards.

TVD was really bad today. Not sort of bad. Really bad. Poor reads. Poor accuracy. No pocket presence.

Hopefully it was just a bad day… but he was really bad today.

Yeah he hasn't even played a full season yet
This is his time to prove himself, not last year. Bethune Cookman, whatever. Even this game, means nothing in the long run. BUT he's about to go into a 100k stadium on College Gameday, just hope the moment isn't too big for him.

Advertisement
gattis run concepts are 100 percent better
Yessir

It’s just kinda funny how we are routinely converting 3rd downs, 3rd and shorts (yes inferior competition but that didn’t seem to matter either)

They are very different OCs. There will be close games where this offense will impose its will and run out an 8 minute drive with the game on the line and people will be celebrating

TVD was off, the team had no real urgency, they were sleep walking the entire game. Like recent games against CMU and App st.

Against CMU it was 17-12
Against App it was 25-23
These types of games have to become unacceptable but there’s improvement to point to 30-7

TVD was really bad today. Not sort of bad. Really bad. Poor reads. Poor accuracy. No pocket presence.

Hopefully it was just a bad day… but he was really bad today.
Hope that’s all it was. I just didn’t like the whole team’s demeanor today.

Advertisement
TVD was off, the team had no real urgency, they were sleep walking the entire game. Like recent games against CMU and App st.

Against CMU it was 17-12
Against App it was 25-23
These types of games have to become unacceptable but there’s improvement to point to 30-7
This game was not like those games..... At all.

Comparing a 5 and 2 point win to a 23 point win is asinine.

For Texas to give Bama a game like this after the recruiting class they’ve put together, this is big. The type of showing we need next weekend

Advertisement
The biggest issues with some of y’all are comparing this staff to the previous staff, this isn’t Manny of that staff. Second this is a completely different offense and defense , which are dramatically different than last year. There’ll be growing pains. Third this team lacks talent and depth. Which I‘ve been preaching all off season when everyone was talking like we’re loaded and so much better than our opponents on our schedule.

It’s obvious Mario wanted to get in and out of this game healthy and get ready for Am. It was an ugly unenthused first half but this isn’t the same staff and it’s dumb to compare. This is a great staff that’s proven.
I’m not saying this staff isn’t good or that things won’t have to be ironed out. I’m specifically talking about Gattis. He’s got a big trophy to his name, but realistically he’s never led an offense that TVD excels in. That’s where my issue lies. He’s shown nothing that proves he’s willing to change it either. Until he proves that wrong, idk how you can believe he will. I’ve been burned too many times by “holding the playbook back” or “spread coast” etc.

Tvd is too slow and lethargic to me

He certainly was this game. Kind of looked like he did the first few games he ever started. Seriously questionable throws, lucky to have only 1 INT, bad footwork, his delivery is slipping down again, and very poor pocket awareness.

The receiving core last year would've had five drops. They caught everything, really two weeks in a row.

Ugly game, but you'll have that. Take the W and move on.

I hate this offense. No offense to the guys making plays, but it's a snooze fest. You look at our recruiting base and how many local kids want to play in something like this.

Advertisement
I’m not saying this staff isn’t good or that things won’t have to be ironed out. I’m specifically talking about Gattis. He’s got a big trophy to his name, but realistically he’s never led an offense that TVD excels in. That’s where my issue lies. He’s shown nothing that proves he’s willing to change it either. Until he proves that wrong, idk how you can believe he will. I’ve been burned too many times by “holding the playbook back” or “spread coast” etc.
I’m holding off on Gattis until I see his offense against equal or better teams. We’ve been very vanilla and basic. If this is his offense against big boys we’re f’d. He showed a lot more at Michigan so like I said “ I’ll wait “.

nah this is light years better situation than what butch had. we may not see eye to eye on all things but this one I agree w you
It's completely Moronic to even remotely compare the two. Take 30 schollies in the next 4yrs (including this yr) from Mario...then I can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back