Canes vs Middle Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I just threw my hat out the window.. I'm with you.. I'm gonna cancel my hotel for the UVA, and VT games. I've seen enough. We don't have the juice anymore.
You and me both. Not worth the money and more importantly time and I am in VA this month.

Advertisement
I'm going to judge Mario the rest of the season by his ability to keep this recruiting class together this season. It's beyond clear at this point hes not a good GameDay coach despite the lies people will tell you. so the one thing he has to do well is recruit.
We all knew he wasn’t a good game day coach, we just didn’t know it was this bad

Advertisement
This extra Covid year eligibility was a **** curse for this program, seeing Ivey & Mallory for an extra year has been a nightmare.
Joe Biden Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Nothing changed, it's an inconsistent team, mostly because most of these guys are inconsistent in how they approach the game and preparation. I doubt these same coaches magically forgot how to coach in one week either. That said, getting guys to buy in week in and week out is tough when you have guys that have been in the program for 2-4 years that are used to being able to do stupid crap. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of these guys have started to tune out the hard coaching, because they are soft as **** and aren't committed to doing whatever it takes to win every week. It's easy to get up for TAMU, it's not easy to bring the same kind of focus and dedication for MTSU week. That's a test of character, and let's be honest, we knew coming in a lot of these guys are soft.

Ever wonder why Jimmy Johnson never had these games? Ever wonder why Nick Saban never had these games, once he got his culture established? Guys at Bama know that if you aren't doing your job at a high level EVERY SINGLE DAY, someone is going to take your job and you will never get it back. That's culture. For the last 20+ years, that culture hasn't been at Miami, and it's going to take Mario longer than 8 months to get that going. It's going to take recruiting kids that have that kind of attitude, it's going to take building legitimate leaders to where the expectations are there even when coaches and support staff aren't in the room(People forget that coaches only spend 20 hours per week with the players), it's going to take a lot of things. Those things won't happen overnight, unfortunately we have to suffer through days like this, but Mario has shown as a coach that he can instill that culture. He didn't accomplish what he did at Oregon by accident, especially coming off the Helfrich and Taggart years...
What did Mario accomplish at Oregon. He had one nice season and that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back