Canes vs Middle Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
At least we still have some football left tomorrow and Monday, unless you're a Steelers or Browns fan.

Who's still alive? My Niners got a tough test against a hungry Russ and the Broncos.

How do you go from being the greatest QB prospect in 20 years, a possible Heisman candidate and top 10 draft pick...
To probably having no football career in just a little over a week?

Well, he didn't have the WRs phone numbers before. So now that he has their numbers, maybe he found out he didn't like talking to them.

Advertisement
Mario should make a statement and fire Gattis and the doofus QB coach this week. Hire Frost as OC immediately and just let it all playout. This is going to be a LONG PAINFUL season for Miami and this staff.

Advertisement
Wow. Just wow. TVD needs to stay on the bench. Let's move forward with JG13. I'll take my chances with that kid. Every week we are regressing. We way overpaid for this coaching staff if we are struggling with Southern Miss and losing to MTSU. I went to James Madison and they rolled MTSU and beat App State today at App. Happy Birthday Coach Cristobal, the team gave you insomnia this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing changed, it's an inconsistent team, mostly because most of these guys are inconsistent in how they approach the game and preparation. I doubt these same coaches magically forgot how to coach in one week either. That said, getting guys to buy in week in and week out is tough when you have guys that have been in the program for 2-4 years that are used to being able to do stupid crap. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of these guys have started to tune out the hard coaching, because they are soft as **** and aren't committed to doing whatever it takes to win every week. It's easy to get up for TAMU, it's not easy to bring the same kind of focus and dedication for MTSU week. That's a test of character, and let's be honest, we knew coming in a lot of these guys are soft.

Ever wonder why Jimmy Johnson never had these games? Ever wonder why Nick Saban never had these games, once he got his culture established? Guys at Bama know that if you aren't doing your job at a high level EVERY SINGLE DAY, someone is going to take your job and you will never get it back. That's culture. For the last 20+ years, that culture hasn't been at Miami, and it's going to take Mario longer than 8 months to get that going. It's going to take recruiting kids that have that kind of attitude, it's going to take building legitimate leaders to where the expectations are there even when coaches and support staff aren't in the room(People forget that coaches only spend 20 hours per week with the players), it's going to take a lot of things. Those things won't happen overnight, unfortunately we have to suffer through days like this, but Mario has shown as a coach that he can instill that culture. He didn't accomplish what he did at Oregon by accident, especially coming off the Helfrich and Taggart years...
It’s MTSU and JJ had his bumps his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back