Canes vs GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
butts-01-4.jpg
WOW! @gruntking

Advertisement
Why in the **** have your players calling for a fair catch inside your own 10 yard line?

Our special teams coach is a joke

There must be 15k in attendance
Homecoming crowd, noon kick. Not shocked. Homecoming kickoffs at noon are always sparsely attended. It'll fill in a bit as people wrap up their tailgates, but I don't expect a big crowd.

Why is Clarke still returning punts? Who takes a fair catch inside the 10?

Coaches on here. I am 50 and when I played in HS we fielded punts on the 10 and in college on the 8. Seems Miami is the 6, is that common today?

Will someone either tell PATKE or George THAT YOU DON’T CATCH A PUNT ON THE FCKING 5 YD LINE ..

Advertisement
He was instructed to do that. He has to actively try to kick a ball short, he easily reaches the endzone with most of his KOs.
I can’t understand the thought process behind that. Gambling on us to make tackles and maybe start them back 5-7 yards ? Don’t get too cute

Advertisement
I have a serious question. Back in the day, punt returners were taught to stand on the 10 yard line and to let anything over your head go. Now it seems that lots of returners will fair catch at the 5. What changed?

Coaches on here. I am 50 and when I played in HS we fielded punts on the 10 and in college on the 8. Seems Miami is the 6, is that common today?
Don’t feel bad I’m 69 and was taught the same thing…must be #TNM way of playing

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back