Canes offer 6'5 325LB Oregon DT Jayson Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey…

We are losing battles we need to win. This is several in a row at a position of need. Looking like this rebuild will need to take longer than everyone wants.

Huge dudes like this aren’t hanging on trees. We need to hit on a few older guys if we want to have a chance at a quick turnaround.

Advertisement
Maybe a question for the mods but why keep these threads open after the player picks another school? Besides going back to it if they transfer. Just seems kinda pointless just a bunch of over analyzing and *****ing lol

Hey…

We are losing battles we need to win. This is several in a row at a position of need. Looking like this rebuild will need to take longer than everyone wants.

Huge dudes like this aren’t hanging on trees. We need to hit on a few older guys if we want to have a chance at a quick turnaround.
SEVERAL!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the analysis!!! Post less bro thanks!

I mean where else was he going ?
Are you under the assumption that Frierson and Nesta will be coming back? I figured they were both gone after getting carried off the field on SR day and after the way Nesta said during fsu week that he wanted to finish his career off going undefeated against them...maybe mario is changing some minds?

Mario is elite at recruiting , he filled a roster with zero in state talent with mostly 4 and five stars. Now imagine that being in such a talent rich state.

Miami is back to recruiting national on top of the In state talent.

Just watch how he finishes a class with only a couple weeks to work with. The amount of high level kids pushing their date back is crazy in itself. In three years the tranches will look like big boy trenches.
#watchthefinish

A Christmas Story Lol GIF by HBO Max

Advertisement
The thing is Mario at Oregon isn’t a threat to the SEC.

When a kid has Miami in the his final 3/5 Along with SEC schools it’s a different ball game.

There is low pressure at Oregon. Alabama recruits itself.

Mario will have to work harder then he’s ever before on the trail. SEC schools are threatened that we actually have a real coach now. I expect heavy bags to get kids.

WTF can auburn realistically sell? They are second fiddle in their own state. They’ve been just as mediocre as us for a while. They straight up buy kids especially ones we target.

Like I said prior.. this is a new staff and they’ve only had a few weeks, but so far Texas got 3 kids we were after and 2 of them were committed to Mario. And we were after 2 guys that Auburn signed out of the thin air, one being a former player at Oregon.

It will be interesting to how next class goes

Auburn definitely added some traditional $EC $weetner to land 2022 JUCO DT Jeffery M'ba and transfer 2022 DT Jayson Jones. Those are two massive gets for tigers.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Hey…

Several in a row ?

How about waiting until Nsd instead of a couple weeks into Mario’s run. If things don’t feel different the last couple of weeks I don’t know what to tell some of you. A bunch of 4-5 star guys have pushed their dates back because of Mario. We’ll likely grab multiple guys from that group , if anything that alone is super impressive.

I’m amazed at how people can turn anything into a negative lol. The guy literally just showed up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some of y’all need to take a step back. Another major difference with Mario is that he will have a plan 1A/1B, 2A/2B, 3 and 4 and 5. It’s not plan A and then C or D/nothing else like we’ve been so accustomed to over the years.

Enjoy the holidays it’s about to get really fun.

Yep, we’re killing high school recruiting but transfer portal is a slow start. These guys want to be developed, not just promised this and that…I think coincidentally, once we get the staff publicly out there, some of these portal guys will hop on.

Advertisement
Other than maybe the use of “several” what is really off about @WestEndzone ’s post?

Seems pretty accurate - if we don’t win battles for positions of need the rebuild will take longer than people want it to take.
Every sentence @WestEndzone posted, standing alone, is true... though I would say rebuilds always take longer than fans want, because fans are impatient.

But the post lacks perspective, which is important. Yes, we have lost a few recruiting battles, but our staff hasn't even been fully announced and our HC has only been here about 2 1/2 weeks. In that time he's gotten bigtime recruits to push decisions, announce visits, and already signed a few kids we wouldn't have otherwise signed. NSD is still about 6 weeks away. Let's evaluate the class (and portal acquisitions) then and see where we are.

I'd also try and caution everyone to take this class a bit lightly, and be patient enough to see what the Class of 2023 looks like before making conclusions about our chances of getting back into prominence. But, for the most, that will fall on deaf ears, lol.

Folks really freaking out cause we didn’t get Banks and This DT who wanted to stay home and play?

Mario has done magic in the first couple weeks in the job. Look who he already got to sign and who we are in play for just cause of him.

Manny had this program down bad and y’all are complaining cause a couple guys decided to play in the SEC. There are so many other options and 9 months till the season. Plenty of time to overhaul the roster

Several in a row ?

How about waiting until Nsd instead of a couple weeks into Mario’s run. If things don’t feel different the last couple of weeks I don’t know what to tell some of you. A bunch of 4-5 star guys have pushed their dates back because of Mario. We’ll likely grab multiple guys from that group , if anything that alone is super impressive.

I’m amazed at how people can turn anything into a negative lol. The guy literally just showed up.
I admit I've been overly reactionary but I don't blame our coaches at all, I'm pumped about Mario and who he's bringing in. I just ******* hate the SEC and the way they blatantly cheat with impunity.

It's especially annoying when it directly impacts Miami. Glad to start winning way more of these battles.

Every sentence @WestEndzone posted, standing alone, is true... though I would say rebuilds always take longer than fans want, because fans are impatient.

But the post lacks perspective, which is important. Yes, we have lost a few recruiting battles, but our staff hasn't even been fully announced and our HC has only been here about 2 1/2 weeks. In that time he's gotten bigtime recruits to push decisions, announce visits, and already signed a few kids we wouldn't have otherwise signed. NSD is still about 6 weeks away. Let's evaluate the class (and portal acquisitions) then and see where we are.

I'd also try and caution everyone to take this class a bit lightly, and be patient enough to see what the Class of 2023 looks like before making conclusions about our chances of getting back into prominence. But, for the most, that will fall on deaf ears, lol.
I agree. I think the board can lack reasonableness and patience and that the caution goes both ways.

The focus should be on 2023, and start there, not tell us we ****** and then tell us to be patient when we lose battles for guys some had penciled into the roster and the good ole “the staff felt good about”, then start with the sure we lost two battles, but to the SEC (ya told us we hired the SEC slayer), move the target to signing day, then, accurately, to the focus should be on 2023.

Focus on 2023, but if we don’t hit the portal HARD, temper those expectations for that 2022 playoff run (even though we’ve been told any competent coach can run the ACC with our roster)…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back