Canes Defense

Advertisement
Ya, honestly, pitching and defense have not been the problem. Score 8 runs in 5 games, run youself into outs and you lose 4/5 (if not all 5) every time at the college level.

Ya, honestly, pitching and defense have not been the problem. Score 8 runs in 5 games, run youself into outs and you lose 4/5 (if not all 5) every time at the college level.
The problem is that routine plays kill us in very close games.
When you have bad at bats you can't take it onto the field.
The hitting has been atrocious these last weeks, but the fielding and base running have been just as bad.

The problem is that routine plays kill us in very close games.
When you have bad at bats you can't take it onto the field.
The hitting has been atrocious these last weeks, but the fielding and base running have been just as bad.
I hear ya, and I consider bad base-running as a big part of the lack of run production.

Let's hope Cuvet isn't taking his slump to the field w him, but it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe DH him until he breaks out of the slump, but I am not sure who you put at third.

I hear ya, and I consider bad base-running as a big part of the lack of run production.

Let's hope Cuvet isn't taking his slump to the field w him, but it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe DH him until he breaks out of the slump, but I am not sure who you put at third.
I'm guessing Torres isn't playable at third?

Advertisement
I'm guessing Torres isn't playable at third?
He looked Ok there the few times last year, but then who plays 1st? That's a lot of the problem w this team ... not enough depth or utility players/athletic baseball players. At least Cyr tried to help w his move to the OF.

He looked Ok there the few times last year, but then who plays 1st? That's a lot of the problem w this team ... not enough depth or utility players/athletic baseball players. At least Cyr tried to help w his move to the OF.
Well I think if you switched Torres to third you probably play Cuvet at first. That is sadly true.

Torres can play third. He also played some 1st in high school and that opened up third for Cuvet.

Advertisement
I'd be interested in seeing how this is calculated.

I've watched every weekend series this year and maybe half of the mid week games. There's absolutely no way this team "saves" more runs than any other team in the country.

In fact, just between poor base running and pitiful attempts to move runners over I'd be more inclined to bet money that the offense has squandered scoring more runs than the defense has saved this year.

I've seen at least 3, maybe four, bunts popped up to the infield for outs. That's unacceptable.

why we lose so many close games?

Perhaps because when one phase falters the other phases are not good enough to make up for it

Advertisement
Is this stat like one of those PFF grades? Like when James Williams ends up with an 86 grade, but missed 4 tackles and had multiple penalties. Bc our defense ******* sucks.

Bad fielding has been plaguing the Hurricanes for years:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back