Cam Ward spring game highlights

Advertisement
Best QB we've had since Vinny Testaverde. They decided they needed an elite QB, they decided to make the investment, and they hit it out of the **** park. Ward is one of if not THE best QB in college football in 2024 and that is going to pay dividends for Miami for years to come.

I want them to add a few more elite pieces in the portal because Miami can make some noise this year and I believe they will.

Advertisement
Best QB we've had since Vinny Testaverde. They decided they needed an elite QB, they decided to make the investment, and they hit it out of the **** park. Ward is one of if not THE best QB in college football in 2024 and that is going to pay dividends for Miami for years to come.

I want them to add a few more elite pieces in the portal because Miami can make some noise this year and I believe they will.

this is a bold statement... and all I can say is... from your post to God's ears

this is a bold statement... and all I can say is... from your post to God's ears

When everyone was saying we should settle for Howard I was saying wait for Ward.... the kid is special. He was special at Washington State and he'll be special here because he has IT. He has that x factor that separates good players from great. This team can be special if they can go get a few more elite pieces I believe that

When everyone was saying we should settle for Howard I was saying wait for Ward.... the kid is special. He was special at Washington State and he'll be special here because he has IT. He has that x factor that separates good players from great. This team can be special if they can go get a few more elite pieces I believe that

Right, a good QB can swing 2-3 games a year. Im convinced last years Qb's play cost us 2-3 games. Ward can be a guy that completely changes the fortune of this program and the perception of Cristobal as a coach

Advertisement

Exactly why we should take full advantage this portal coming up so we don’t waste this season with him.

Advertisement
Is it me or did ward not have a very clean pocket in those highlights?
Despite being a spring game, and supposedly being vanilla, Guidry was dialing up some pressure in this game. I saw him bringing 5 and even 6 man pressure. He also had LB delay blitzing some.

When we had 4 man pressure OL handled it well. Bain beat Okunlola quickly one play and got pressure.

First thing that popped out to me in the first 2 drives.....I don't like the OL splits. Some of those guys are foot to foot....no natural running lanes, no natural throwing lanes, so tightly bunched that edge guys have a much easier arc to QB.

Yes, it helps keep the inside busy with bodies, so it helps IOL pass blocking, so if that's what they are masking i get it. But for a space offense with air raid passing principles, i don't like those splits.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First thing that popped out to me in the first 2 drices.....I don't like the OL splits. Some of those guys are foot to foot....no natural running lanes, no natural throwing lanes, so tightly bunched that edge guys have a much easier arc to QB.

Yes, it helps keep the inside busy with bodies, so it helps IOL pass blocking, so if that's what they are masking i get it. But for a space offense with air raid passing principles, i don't like those splits.
I feel like our splits are always tighter than other teams.

First thing that popped out to me in the first 2 drices.....I don't like the OL splits. Some of those guys are foot to foot....no natural running lanes, no natural throwing lanes, so tightly bunched that edge guys have a much easier arc to QB.

I think that is part of the new rugby scrum offense Cristobal always dreamed of and will innovate with.. Its a grind brother!

Ayo on that big play to X where he breaks Richards tackle (30 seconds in), thats Cam Pruitt that chases him down pretty sure
Cam Pruitt was someone who stood out multiple times yesterday. We got a good one there. His coverage on Arroyo was also very impressive, could have been a big gainer

This is the kinda qb who beats teams you should beat but also gives you the potential to punch up in the rankings with his ability to make and extend plays. no excuses and do not care who qb3 or qb4 ends up being.

Advertisement
Back