Brad Kaaya vs Jamies Winston aka crab legs.

Advertisement
There isn't a strong correlation between how our defense performs and Kaaya statistics. That's a stretch.

We might throw more which will lead to more yards passing, and perhaps more TD's and Int's. It shouldn't have any effect on passing % because Kaaya never throws the ball long anyway.

The fact that the offense gets the minority in time of possession with the defense staying on the field does impact his statistics.

Everything impacts statistics from play calling, injuries to offense lineman, the score, the teams we play, home vs away games, etc. But what major statistics does having less time of possession than our competitors or us having a weak defense impact for the Kaaya's statistics in the OP?

If we had a really good defense and gave up few points, we would be running the ball more often.

I just think people complaining about our defense when talking about a Winston to Kaaya comparison of these statistics holds little water.

He might not stack up to Jameis, but Kaaya is going to win National Freshman of the Year. To all the people that absolutely blew Christian Hackenburg last year, his numbers for the season vs Brad's:

Hackenburg: 231-392 (58.9%), 2955, 20 TD, 10 INT, 134.0 QBR and 7.5 Per Attempt

Kaaya: 126-200 (63.0 %), 1806, 16 TD, 9 INT, 156.3 QBR and 9.0 Per Attempt after 7 games.

Minus the interceptions (which I think he will improve on in the next few games), Kaaya is going to **** on Hackenburg's true freshman season. That's the context I look at his season in.

A big difference I see between the two are rushing yards. Its annoying when people say Kaaya does not have to leave the pocket cause he has multiple playmakers. By him never running for a first down it allows opposing teams to eliminate options on the offense and gives us one less threat on offense. Jamies does not run a lot but when he does it can be really productive. Kaaya is the man but his inability to escape the pocket and pick up positive yards for us on his feet will hunt him in college football more than it would the NFL.

Advertisement
A big difference I see between the two are rushing yards. Its annoying when people say Kaaya does not have to leave the pocket cause he has multiple playmakers. By him never running for a first down it allows opposing teams to eliminate options on the offense and gives us one less threat on offense. Jamies does not run a lot but when he does it can be really productive. Kaaya is the man but his inability to escape the pocket and pick up positive yards for us on his feet will hunt him in college football more than it would the NFL.
Look at it this way - if Kaya goes down with an injury Al has one more excuse for future losses. You better hope the kid doesn't start scrambling out of the pocket.

You honestly think anyone cares what Golden says when we lose? The only people defending him are the people that either signed his contract or are invested in him.

bdavis03.jpg

We can still pull in the offensive firepower, and honestly we are still pulling in studs on defense...Coley is doing his job thus far (from top to bottom)...we all can clearly see what Coach D is doing (or not doing)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back