Amari Cooper

Advertisement
Wish some of those 5* s fla prima donnas didnt come here from miami northwestern what a bust that team was horrible

When I was on scout this was my favorite local wr film of all time.....this 1 was on al, kid was a cane since birth. They even talked about it during the national totle game nd vs bama, golden found him n saban closed. Thing was his film was incredible when he comes off the line I was amazed.......I realized even more how great he was cuz saban went all out 4 him. Butch lands coop.......all jokes aside i like butch but its da truth. Coop was torn between um n bama.

Have to disagree, I watched him a couple times during his senior year and he looked horrible. Physical tools, but looked disinterested. He had a horrible QB though so that was probably it because clearly he's a stud. All that said we should have landed him, but I've heard so many different stories on what happened I don't even know what to believe. I do know he had an offer and went somewhere else. Time to move in.

I was with bakas on this 1 number 1 rated dade cty prospect according to him n me. Golden missed this 1 believe me im telling u. This was an early warning sign 4 me but the whole cloud thing i ate it up. Its cool if u disagree though.

Fair enough, certainly was a warning sign in hindsight.

With respect, it's uncool to deny how effed up it was when that story came out. Every show, every game and anything Canes related, was accompanied by some time lined power-point presentation on transgressions and NCAA sanctions.

My Golden beef isn't Amari, or the handful of studs he either got or lost. It's the bottom half of his classes that show he's not properly or successfully identifying talent. Yes, the superstar cookie-cutter 4/5 stars hurt when they go elsewhere, but missing on so many of the 2/3 star guys hurts even more.

The programs biggest weakness is a poster child for poor evaluation and development. Darius Smith, Corey King, Jalen Grimble, Ricardo Williams, Junior Alexis, Jelani Hamilton, Dwayne Hoilett, Jacoby Briscoe, Dequan Ivery and so on. I mean WTF...Where's Earl Moore's progression and why is Chad Thomas wrestling with Centers/Guards?

Golden hasn't shown the ability to evaluate, retain and develop his classes. The University demonstrating its policy of abandoning and alienating AQM doesn't help either.

Advertisement
When I was on scout this was my favorite local wr film of all time.....this 1 was on al, kid was a cane since birth. They even talked about it during the national totle game nd vs bama, golden found him n saban closed. Thing was his film was incredible when he comes off the line I was amazed.......I realized even more how great he was cuz saban went all out 4 him. Butch lands coop.......all jokes aside i like butch but its da truth. Coop was torn between um n bama.

Have to disagree, I watched him a couple times during his senior year and he looked horrible. Physical tools, but looked disinterested. He had a horrible QB though so that was probably it because clearly he's a stud. All that said we should have landed him, but I've heard so many different stories on what happened I don't even know what to believe. I do know he had an offer and went somewhere else. Time to move in.

I was with bakas on this 1 number 1 rated dade cty prospect according to him n me. Golden missed this 1 believe me im telling u. This was an early warning sign 4 me but the whole cloud thing i ate it up. Its cool if u disagree though.

Fair enough, certainly was a warning sign in hindsight.

With respect, it's uncool to deny how effed up it was when that story came out. Every show, every game and anything Canes related, was accompanied by some time lined power-point presentation on transgressions and NCAA sanctions.

My Golden beef isn't Amari, or the handful of studs he either got or lost. It's the bottom half of his classes that show he's not properly or successfully identifying talent. Yes, the superstar cookie-cutter 4/5 stars hurt when they go elsewhere, but missing on so many of the 2/3 star guys hurts even more.

The programs biggest weakness is a poster child for poor evaluation and development. Darius Smith, Corey King, Jalen Grimble, Ricardo Williams, Junior Alexis, Jelani Hamilton, Dwayne Hoilett, Jacoby Briscoe, Dequan Ivery and so on. I mean WTF...Where's Earl Moore's progression and why is Chad Thomas wrestling with Centers/Guards?

Golden hasn't shown the ability to evaluate, retain and develop his classes. The University demonstrating its policy of abandoning and alienating AQM doesn't help either.

Though I agree with your analysis of talent development - most of the JAGS you mention were the lower rated recruits of that class (if not the lowest) and most are in his first or second class. I think it's more important that the top tier of each class has a high success rate which is definitely questionable under Golden. Sure Duke is doing great - but what about our DB's that were all highly rated?

Grimble was a highly rated recruit but he was overrated. Doing decent for Oregon St. but that's because he's finally getting playing time.

Slow play Cooper but take a commit from D'Mauri Jones, thanks Al

I am all for getting a new coach too, but the lack of facts the "mopes" use makes the board suck. Cooper committed or was about to commit and momma Cooper wanted him to hold off. Then Alabama came in and we all can speculate, but he was not slow played, just made his own choice.

Advertisement
No matter how you look at it this was a miss. Big time.

But if you look at the big picture, it's not why we are where we are. I'd have to say the repeated misses at DT loam much larger.

Wasn't he in the Chick/Perryman class that Golden had about 2 minutes to put/keep together? Though I'm not a slurper - hard to pin this one on Golden.
No, he was in the same class as Duke and Tracy Howard. In the summer of 2011, Mike Bakas was telling everyone on Scout that Cooper was the next guy who was going to commit to Miami. He said it would happen in a few days. ~3 weeks later he committed to Bama.

I am all for getting a new coach too, but the lack of facts the "mopes" use makes the board suck. Cooper committed or was about to commit and momma Cooper wanted him to hold off. Then Alabama came in and we all can speculate, but he was not slow played, just made his own choice.

He wasnt slow played....al couldnt close no excuse

Dwayne bowe list goes on and on studs leave s fla all the time before during and after al

That's correct. Bunch of whiners here. I've been following recruiting since the mid-80's, much more closely back then compared to now. We always had disappointments in south Florida....always. It was very frustrating, but it happened and will continue to happen. Maybe Golden's to blame, maybe not. Half the players we lost turned out not to be so great, Lamont Green is one who comes to mind immediately, maybe Sterling Palmer, Paul Moore, Rich McKenzie, so many others. Some were average to good, but not superstars. The biggest one we lost might have been Marvin Jones, but we really didn't have a chance anyway, because of his brother and being an FSU legacy. So we lost Marvin Jones, but a few years later we got a bigger stud out of nowhere, Ray Lewis.

Yeah, should have said Dwayne Bowe as another loss, as well s maybe Samari Rolle, Lawrence Wright. Probably many others.

Of course, if you want, we can blame them all on Golden, or Shannon, or better yet, George W. Bush.

Advertisement
Dwayne bowe list goes on and on studs leave s fla all the time before during and after al

That's correct. Bunch of whiners here. I've been following recruiting since the mid-80's, much more closely back then compared to now. We always had disappointments in south Florida....always. It was very frustrating, but it happened and will continue to happen. Maybe Golden's to blame, maybe not. Half the players we lost turned out not to be so great, Lamont Green is one who comes to mind immediately, maybe Sterling Palmer, Paul Moore, Rich McKenzie, so many others. Some were average to good, but not superstars. The biggest one we lost might have been Marvin Jones, but we really didn't have a chance anyway, because of his brother and being an FSU legacy. So we lost Marvin Jones, but a few years later we got a bigger stud out of nowhere, Ray Lewis.

Yeah, should have said Dwayne Bowe as another loss, as well s maybe Samari Rolle, Lawrence Wright. Probably many others.

Of course, if you want, we can blame them all on Golden, or Shannon, or better yet, George W. Bush.

But Butch got the best kids and Fsu couldn't *** with him. Which ever coach does great in sfla will turn miami around.

Advertisement
FWIW, some poster on another site works with Amari Cooper's mother, and he said that his mother didn't like Al Golden, because she thought he was rude, and he called the house too much. Remember, Amari is Alderius Johnson's cousin, and imo i think the family didn't like how we handled the Alderius Johnson sitiuation towards the end.

But Butch got the best kids and Fsu couldn't *** with whim. Which ever coach does great in sfla will turn miami around.

I'd have to go back and look at the respective classes during Butch's tenure as head coach. We might have had less trouble with FSU in the late 90's than we did in the late 80's and early 90's. That might have been because soprano Amato wasn't recruiting south Florida anymore. When Butch was recruiting coordinator under Johnson, we had trouble with FSU in south Fla I think.

Let me get this straight. You criticize the "mopes" for not using facts, then you say that we can speculate about what happened with Cooper, but then ("he was not slow played, just made his own choice") you presume to know what actually happened?

**** off. And the "mopes" have plenty of facts, statistics, and astute observations. You probably choose to ignore them.

I made a thread about this a while back because I didn't know much about his recruitment. Majority said Cooper just wanted to get away.

i dont throw it around alot...but it was some INFLUENCE with him.....he kind of wanted to get away...but im sure hes riding around nicely and some folks (boosters) looked out....Actually i never throw it out but u can read between the lines on that one...when has a NW kid wanted toreally just get out..add to it ..he was all in on um..then kind of just...went with the typical.."My mother wants me to open up recruitment" routine...that they tell all the recruits to say. lol..

But honestly he wasnt much of a lost...He might be the only Bama wr that could play for us..and it was a good decision for him..as he played from day 1 ...and was the best they had...something that wouldnt of happened here.

Advertisement
Back