Rumor (Ain’t no way) Bubba Bolden (is) Returning for 2022

Look, I'd kill for Rambo back. But, from his perspective, it was likely the right move. The likelihood is that his stock wasn't going to get any higher regardless of what he did this year. It's not like he was some raw project. So, if he had stayed, I am sure he assumed that's 1 less year of his playing career without NFL compensation.
Rambo getting an NIL deal would be more than he's making rn.

Advertisement
If Cam was still here, do you think they would have added Parrish? Cam and Rambo I think could handle Mario's way of practicing and off-the-field restrictions. But Idk if Bubba could have.

If Cam was still here, do you think they would have added Parrish? Cam and Rambo I think could handle Mario's way of practicing and off-the-field restrictions. But Idk if Bubba could have.
Cam wasn’t a complete enough back for Mario imo

Advertisement
If the NFL was Rambo’s goal he had to leave. His stock wasn’t gonna get any bigger, and he is the athlete he will be.

Definitely missing him on the squad though.

Advertisement
I don't think Rambo would've fit our current system tbh...

A lot people seem to forget that a huge part to why Rambo was so productive last year was because of the Offensive system he was playing in, it wasn't because he was some NFL caliber talent.

He understood the Offense because it was basically what he played in HS & had a lot of similarities in terms of concepts/routes to what he did at Oklahoma, so it was pretty much a seamless transition for him.

I don't see Rambo being as productive in the Michigan Spread as he was with Lashlee.

Rambo would have helped. Cam would have helped because of injuries. Bubba? No. He’s not better. Ankle diver and not a culture guy

Maybe, but it was still the right decision. Separate the decision from the result.

I mean, he was projected to be a late round draft pick the entire way. This wasn't an instance of a player that was ever projected to go very high in the draft...so it is kind of difficult to separate the two. I thought he'd get drafted (late) and be in the mix for a roster spot...but IMO, you don't leave to the NFL when you are projected to go late...especially in this NIL landscape we are in.

It wasn't a wise decision even at the time...maybe he couldn't have gotten any higher as a prospect, but that prospect was low anyway.

Advertisement

A lot people seem to forget that a huge part to why Rambo was so productive last year was because of the Offensive system he was playing in, it wasn't because he was some NFL caliber talent.

He understood the Offense because it was basically what he played in HS & had a lot of similarities in terms of concepts/routes to what he did at Oklahoma, so it was pretty much a seamless transition for him.

I don't see Rambo being as productive in the Michigan Spread as he was with Lashlee.

TVD just feeds his guys. Would have been tough to replicate that production, even under Lashlee...but he would have been our leader at the position. I'm not even a big Rambo fan like that...but another guy that TVD trusted out there would have been fine, even if he wasn't a good fit.

Advertisement
Kids like Rambo getting bad advice and leaving early is a plague that we somehow keep getting hit with over and over and over

Is it a plague? Or do kids not want to stay at Miami longer than they have to? Given the last 20 years I would probably not be thrilled about coming back each season either. Win 10 or 11 games with some stability in coaching and kids will stay.

Michigan spread is hilarious.

Advertisement
Back