Coaching Adam Schefter: Joe Brady likely to stay in the NFL

Phil longo me…

Oc Phil longo
Qb coach coley
Receiver coach mcclendon
Tight end fields
Oline - mirabal
Rb seider
I’d be all in for this. My only tweak would be forget Coley and let Longo be OC/QB. Any smoke with Longo or just throwing his name out there?

Advertisement
I’d be all in for this. My only tweak would be forget Coley and let Longo be OC/QB. Any smoke with Longo or just throwing his name out there?
Just throwing his name out there since Brady doesn’t appear to be the guy anymore

Advertisement
There’s Head coaches who’s never been coordinators before loll. Hc’s that’s never called a play.

People are poo poo’ing Ken because he’s a former cane. The only reason he’d even look at Miami is because of his love for the program. This job is beneath him by his resume. Only fans here would crap on an nfl lifer who’s had a huge impact on qb’s and their best seasons.

If somebody doesn’t think he’s he an unreal hire they’re just uneducated about him as a teacher. He’s one of the smarter qb guys around football.

We’d be lucky to have him, I’m just not sure if he’d want to come down to this level.

Hear that, but no ones even knows what his offense would look like

I think a big part of it is the perception that after all the mediocrity as experiments with unproven coaches, we NEED to hit a home run with every single staff member.
sure but i think folks have twisted themselves into pretzels.

some wanted proven, plug and play assistants because our head coaches have been *****. (rearranging deck chairs on the titanic)

others said it doesn't matter who we hire for this or that role, because the rot is at the top (university and athletic department). they were right.

ok. our head coach is no longer a boob and the rot at the top is gone. we're clearly serious about the football program again, and we just hired a superb head coach. if he wants to hire ken dorsey to be his oc that's fine by me.

we've been bad for so long that we all need to learn how to let our balls drop again.

what happened to cribby saying brady signed?

i'm not getting on cribby, i'm just curious because 99% of his stuff is legit
This **** is ALWAYS fluid.. it's not done til it's DONE.. We should know that like when Shannon had dirk koetter locked up then jags snatched him up.. or when richt had Dave aranda locked in then LSU made offer.. even Cristobal was here for a month then Saban called.. big bank take lil bank..

Atleast we know we have money now but these guys have preferences too.. let's see how it plays out

Advertisement
There’s Head coaches who’s never been coordinators before loll. Hc’s that’s never called a play.

People are poo poo’ing Ken because he’s a former cane. The only reason he’d even look at Miami is because of his love for the program. This job is beneath him by his resume. Only fans here would crap on an nfl lifer who’s had a huge impact on qb’s and their best seasons.

If somebody doesn’t think he’s he an unreal hire they’re just uneducated about him as a teacher. He’s one of the smarter qb guys around football.

We’d be lucky to have him, I’m just not sure if he’d want to come down to this level.
Dude I would love Ken even though he didn't have the most talent in the world he was such a deadly QB because he was so smart and knew where to go with the ball so fast. Plus following what he has done in the NFL each stop he has been the QBs have improved and I don't think that's a coincidence. I think tvd could take a big step with Ken. Who knows how he recruits but seeing the names Mario is bringing in I don't think it matters. I'm just curious what offense he would run because I would prefer a little more balance than what the Bills have but with TVD at the helm I don't think I would care because points are points. Question is can he dumb it down enough for college

Mother of God, Ken Dorsey is one year into a "passing game coordinator" role and has never been an offensive coordinator. No more learn-on-the-job hires. Bring in a proven play caller.
I tend to agree with this.

I could see Dorsey as a QB coach, but doubt Dorsey would just want to be an assisstant coach.

This **** is ALWAYS fluid.. it's not done til it's DONE.. We should know that like when Shannon had dirk koetter locked up then jags snatched him up.. or when richt had Dave aranda locked in then LSU made offer.. even Cristobal was here for a month then Saban called.. big bank take lil bank..

Atleast we know we have money now but these guys have preferences too.. let's see how it plays out

I’ve repeatedly posted there was negotiations and he was asking for a lot. There’s only a handful of staff members I’ve said are done. And I only do that when I know they’re in the system. There was others posting all over the Twitter verse that Brady was done but I never have. Ironically everyone has forgotten about them.

This is how folks lose credibility. Also I posted Friday negotiations had slowed down between Miami and Brady. Then it comes out today he wants to stay in the nfl.

Advertisement
I’ve repeatedly posted there was negotiations and he was asking for a lot. There’s only a handful of staff members I’ve said are done. And I only do that when I know they’re in the system. There was others posting all over the Twitter verse that Brady was done but I never have. Ironically everyone has forgotten about them.

This is how folks lose credibility. Also I posted Friday negotiations had slowed down between Miami and Brady. Then it comes out today he wants to stay in the nfl.
I think people jumped the gun and assumed he was hired (myself included) because of a couple of your posts. When you posted this (the screenshot) in the Joe Brady thread people assumed he was done. In some other thread, you also said "Tbh, I was told his name [coley] and just assumed it was QB coach since brady is oc and possible wr coach. These two comments coupled with the fact that for a decent time in the names mega-thread Brady was the only oc listed probably led people to think you were being coy and it was actually done but you couldn't say anything definite since a lot of people around cfb read your posts. Not blaming you at all just highlighting why people probably jumped the gun and assumed brady was a done deal. 1639333035729.jpeg

So what’s the delay on making hires public? Just how Mario and the coaches want to handle it? Or another reason? Everyone assumes Mirabal is the OL coach, why not announce?

Dan Lanning can publicly take the Oregon HC did and still coach UGA through the CFP, but everything at Miami is a secret.

Seems odd.

With the amount of big money in college football, I'm not sure what the fascination is with staying in the NFL. (besides the rumor Brady doesn't like to recruit). He can be an elite level OC at Miami with the talent we have and are about to acquire, where in the NFL we already saw what happened to Brady with the panthers and their non-championship caliber roster. I think Brady going back to the NFL is a risky move if he fails at his next spot. Miami would be a safer move in my opinion, where he can be here long term if he wants (as a highly paid coordinator) or likely lands P5 head coaching offers within the next 2-3 years.

Advertisement
I think people jumped the gun and assumed he was hired (myself included) because of a couple of your posts. When you posted this (the screenshot) in the Joe Brady thread people assumed he was done. In some other thread, you also said "Tbh, I was told his name [coley] and just assumed it was QB coach since brady is oc and possible wr coach. These two comments coupled with the fact that for a decent time in the names mega-thread Brady was the only oc listed probably led people to think you were being coy and it was actually done but you couldn't say anything definite since a lot of people around cfb read your posts. Not blaming you at all just highlighting why people probably jumped the gun and assumed brady was a done deal. View attachment 167632

That’s not saying he was done. He was number one on the oc list. I always said he was the top option.

When I said Mario was done I said “ it’s done “!!

Advertisement
Back