Forcing change

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
The banners were a nice start, but they aren't going to create enough momentum for a change.

Attendance has been God awful and doesn't seem to be enough to force a change as embarrassing as it is to see an empty stadium every week.

We've had people email Blake James directly and we all know where he stands now that he's endorsed golden publicly.

Former players have been alienated and publicly lambasted this coaching staff for their terrible teaching and game day execution.

Do we need to organize public marches in the presidents house like Michigan? Completely boycott games and merchandise? What's it going to take to to
Get our canes back? I feel like the only
Way we lose golden is if he leaves of his own accord but we can't be that lucky can we?

Sorry just venting because I simply can't take much more of this ****. I've read all the threads that talk about replacements but fake James coming out today and saying we are basically stuck with this clown show is just about the ko punch for me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Email Paul dimare, bernie, gino and any one else you can think of...

Do they have enough pull to make it happen. We have already had players going ham on the coaches all year and all hay has lead to is golden alienating them and basically keeping them away from the program

who are some of the boosters that can influence the administration? I was afraid they would all want to wait until a new president is named but we need change sooner than that. We have a potential difference maker under center that is going to be wasted under this coaching staff.

It's going to happen, but not this year. Unfortunately Donna's retiring paired with the 3.5 game winning streak (sadly, this administration seems to count losing close to FSU as half a win) pretty much ensured that he would be back next year.

I realize it's not likely to happen this year, and I hate that the kids suffer with the poor attendance but we still have to find a way to push his agenda and make it even more uncomfortable to keep Goldie locks.

Advertisement
Had we lost the Cincinnati game or VT or UNC he would probably be out. Unfortunately it looks like that fat **** will be back

I was patient with him and truly felt we turned the corner when the defense started playing like a Miami defense. Uva just solidified what I already knew that this guy is clueless. It's almost like he wants to get fired.

Had we lost the Cincinnati game or VT or UNC he would probably be out. Unfortunately it looks like that fat **** will be back

Ou know you're right but the sad thing is that those teams are ******* garbage. I know unc has a very good offense and we hit them in the mouth all night, but those are games this university is supposed to win by 30 or more points.

We are being recokerized.

Genuinely believe the institution does not see the football program being a national championship contender as a priority. In fact, they same fine with us being a middle of the pack ACC Coastal team who they will probably be excited for if we HAPPEN to have an exceptional season once a decade or so. So, for now it appears we may be f$cked. I think we will know for sure if our mediocrity is going to be longterm after the next president is hired.

That said, if a constantly empty stadium isn't enough to get you on the hot seat, then letter writing and marching to the president's house isn't going to do much.

The banners were a nice start, but they aren't going to create enough momentum for a change.

Attendance has been God awful and doesn't seem to be enough to force a change as embarrassing as it is to see an empty stadium every week.

We've had people email Blake James directly and we all know where he stands now that he's endorsed golden publicly.

Former players have been alienated and publicly lambasted this coaching staff for their terrible teaching and game day execution.

Do we need to organize public marches in the presidents house like Michigan? Completely boycott games and merchandise? What's it going to take to to
Get our canes back? I feel like the only
Way we lose golden is if he leaves of his own accord but we can't be that lucky can we?

Sorry just venting because I simply can't take much more of this ****. I've read all the threads that talk about replacements but fake James coming out today and saying we are basically stuck with this clown show is just about the ko punch for me.

Advertisement
People griping about our small crowds, or "constantly empty stadium" are overlooking the obvious, IMO. So far this year UM is averaging over 51,0000 in paid attendance. You can't just "not go", you have to not buy tickets. If you purchase tickets, they still get the ticket revenue whether you show up or not.

Honestly, if you don't like 5 Guys hamburgers, would you buy them anyway and just not eat them? Nobody would do that. If you don't like the product, stop buying it.

^^^ all of that is super obvious, but doesn't seem to register with people.

People griping about our small crowds, or "constantly empty stadium" are overlooking the obvious, IMO. So far this year UM is averaging over 51,0000 in paid attendance. You can't just "not go", you have to not buy tickets. If you purchase tickets, they still get the ticket revenue whether you show up or not.

Honestly, if you don't like 5 Guys hamburgers, would you buy them anyway and just not eat them? Nobody would do that. If you don't like the product, stop buying it.

Yeah, you solved it. All the people on here who say they don't go to the games anymore are also buying tickets for the games but not going. Makes perfect sense.

Advertisement

Yeah, you solved it. All the people on here who say they don't go to the games anymore are also buying tickets for the games but not going. Makes perfect sense.

Believe what you like. When I see a mostly empty stadium and UM reports 45,000 to the NCAA, that means a lot of people with tickets didn't show up.

Believe what you like. When I see a mostly empty stadium and UM reports 45,000 to the NCAA, that means a lot of people with tickets didn't show up.

I wasn't a math major but something's happening. Besides FSWho, no way we 45k in that stadium this year and yet you are correct with the announced attendance.

Advertisement
Back