Duke=Barry Sanders and Walter Payton

Advertisement
More Walter than Barry. Duke is physical as **** and that stiff arm is something that only sweetness could appreciate. Love the kid and hope he gets the attention he deserves over these next 4 weeks.

1600 yards will get the Heisman talk going and that is WELL within reach. If he doesn't go for another two bills this week, Kaaya either threw for 450 or something went TERRIBLY wrong

Duke accelerates like a Corvette, cuts like a Porsche, and is as tough as a Hummer.

Comparisons can be made to anything

Last edited:
Too bad we spent all of our money on a training table and had nothing left for a Duke for Heisman campaign.

Advertisement
Maybe we should fly a Duke for Heisman banner because apparently our athletic department is flat broke and over budget.

While he was in HS, I once compared him to Ladanian Tomlinson. I still think that holds true and look forward to seeing him at the next level.

Both 5' 9"
Both entered (presumably) the NFL between 204-210. Tomlinson had bulked a bit before Combine and was also a year advanced.
Tomlinson was a low 4.4 guy (think he even ran a high 4.39 or something) when he entered the league and I think Duke will be a 4.45 type of runner at the Combine.
Both made their marks through acceleration
Both excellent cutback runners
Both used stiff arm extremely well
Both run with forward lean
Both pass catchers, though I fear we've underutilized Duke in this aspect

I'm not saying Duke will have the career Tomlinson had or anything about results. I'm saying their styles are very, very similar.

Advertisement
Was referencing LT not Barry Sanders or Walter Payton.

Am a big Barry Sanders fan. First hung out with him in the early 90s. Funny thing was he wore a Jordan shirt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Come on. We all know that bulked-up Duke has lost a step and isn't explosive anymore. I read it on these here interwebz. Must be true.

Ya, I don't see the Barry comparisons at all.

LT isn't a bad comparison, but I think LT just had a little too much zip for Duke to be a close comparison to him.

Off the top of my head, I think Thurman Thomas is the closest comparison I can come up with. They have a lot of similar traits and a similar size.

Advertisement
there no better heisman campaign than giving a man the ball, no coincidence all this pub is following a 29 carry game, I respect the coaches for preserving him early, but its time to ride him to a big time turnaround, Duke can be a frontrunner for NY on 11/16 if the next 2 weeks like last Thursday from a touches standpoint

Ridiculous comparing him to either one, and an insult to both of them. I love Duke, but that's just absurd.

Advertisement
Back