Muschamp as UM's DC

P

PalmBeachCane

To set the record straight I don't support Golden but if their was any way for me to regain trust it would be by making a huge hire at DC. I know it sounds like a pipe dream but what I've been hearing is the BOT wants a DC change a lot more than a Head Coaching change. We all know Muschamp is getting fired and while he's not a great HC he's still capable of being a top notch DC. If the BOT is serious about change this is the time to open up their pockets and hire Muschamp! Give him full control of the Defense and let Al Golden control the off the field situations. With James Coley and Muschamp on this staff the recriuting possibilities would be endless (top 5 every year) no HC could **** that up. Time for this program to shell out top notch money for position coaches.

Side note: when is the last time one of Miami's position coaches has been hired as a HC after coaching here? You get what you pay for.

PS. Tell Muschamp to bring TRob along with him.

Advertisement
bdavis03.jpg

Having Butch back would be a blessing and I would take that over a top notch position change anyday. But realistically I don't see it happening, even if Al gets canned. Butch Davis would save this program, but when is the last time miami had that kind of luck?

It's not luck if people are in the position to make the decisions. Which they are. And which they have not.

Advertisement
I would take him for sure, I have this feeling we/re stuck with ag but to add Muffchamp plus change scheme would do wonders. This is what I think will happen they will D cord and force a scheme change. This is what I see them doing, another good DC hire would be RS, T ROB

Lulz. We have enough problems. Don't want that lunatic anywhere near UM.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLFolSPuwA[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would take Muschamp as DC in a heartbeat.. Theres gonna be lucrative offers for him this offseason.

The Chump is an ELITE DC. But he's going to get scooped up by an SEC or Big 12 school who values what he brings. UM looks down upon people with funny accents because we are so "above the fray."

Advertisement
No need to pony up the big bucks. All that would do is save U*** some money. Remember, if he gets canned, they still gotta pay him his contract. When he gets a new job, they pay him the difference between what his new job pays and what his contract was.

Advertisement
To set the record straight I don't support Golden but if their was any way for me to regain trust it would be by making a huge hire at DC. I know it sounds like a pipe dream but what I've been hearing is the BOT wants a DC change a lot more than a Head Coaching change. We all know Muschamp is getting fired and while he's not a great HC he's still capable of being a top notch DC. If the BOT is serious about change this is the time to open up their pockets and hire Muschamp! Give him full control of the Defense and let Al Golden control the off the field situations. With James Coley and Muschamp on this staff the recriuting possibilities would be endless (top 5 every year) no HC could **** that up. Time for this program to shell out top notch money for position coaches.

Side note: when is the last time one of Miami's position coaches has been hired as a HC after coaching here? You get what you pay for.

Mario Cristobal to FIU in 2006; Greg Schiano to Rutgers in 2001; Sonny Lubbick to CSU in 1993. Other guys have left and ultimately become head coaches down the road, such as CJ, Stoops, Whipple to name a few. You got guys in the NFL who become head coaches like Wanny, Chud, Pagano. And of course, we elevated two coordinators: Coker and Shannon.

Last edited:
Muschamp ain't coming here to run Golden's defense. Let's face it, this is the style of defense we are playing for as long as Golden is HC. To think otherwise is crazy.

Jedd Fisch (great Hire) went on to be Offensive Coordinator for Jacksonville Jaguars not too shabby

Advertisement
Back