13 passes.....y

DiegoCane

All-ACC
Vs a team with a stud at RB and a QB shaky through the air.

If that doesn't say it all I don't know what does. I know HS coaches that would have made it mor difficult on Armstrong tonight. 6 in the box all night.

Most teams would load 8-9 I the box and make Armstrong beat us with his arm. We are probably the only team in D1 that thought that would be a bad idea.

Advertisement
13 yet it's the players fault!!! Franklin talking **** at half. Really man. This is basic football. Take away their strength. Make the guy pass more, stack the flipping box. You have an all-american middle linebacker.

Advertisement
Said it before, say it again. This isn't the Nebraska offense of 80's or Eric Crouch era with non play makers at wr. It just isn't. In fact it's not close.

The wr crew at Nebraska is by far the best and most talented corp of wide receivers ever at Nebraska.

It's easy to stack the box with 7-8 defenders with 5-7 yards of LOS when you don't fear any wr running by a corner or safety. Did you miss Nebraska's first touchdown and Kenny Bell running by the Cane defense?

Because that is what likely happens to the Cane defense if they consistently stacked the LOS with 7-8 players.

Kenny Bell, Jordan Westerkamp, Alonzo Moore all possess the ability to beat Cane db and safeties.

This Nebraska offense is quite a bit different animal with multiple playmakers at wr and a strong armed qb that ca get the ball to them.

Said it before, say it again. This isn't the Nebraska offense of 80's or Eric Crouch era with non play makers A wr. It just isn't. In fact it's not close.

The wr crew at Nebraska is by far the best and most talented corp of wide receivers ever at Nebraska.

It's easy to stack the box with 7-8 defenders with 5-7 yards of LOS when you don't fear any wr running by a corner or safety. Did you miss Nebraska's first touchdown and Kenny Bell running by the Cane defense?

Because that is what likely happens to the Cane defense if they consistently stacked the LOS with 7-8 players.

Kenny Bell, Jordan Westerkamp, Alonzo Moore all possess the ability to beat Cane db and safeties.

This Nebraska offense is quite a bit different animal with multiple playmakers at wr and a strong armed qb that ca get the ball to them.

U need to shut that bs down. How many completions to all of these play makers? They had ONE big pass play.

Meanwhile they're averaging **** near a first down every play while they are actually RUNNING what we KNEW they would ACTUALLY do.

They're not even a SPREAD OPTION team. The only thing that keeps them out of a POWER I is a pistol alignment

U are clueless

Said it before, say it again. This isn't the Nebraska offense of 80's or Eric Crouch era with non play makers at wr. It just isn't. In fact it's not close.

nebraska is a one man team and it speaks to how pathetic miami's defense is that couldnt stop it, mcneese st had them dead to rights they should've have lost that game, trust me nebraska will lose multiple games when they play teams that have a real defensive coordinator

If you want to close your eyes to the truth, I can't help you. Why would there be a need for a bunch of passes when Nebraska was dominating the Cane D with the run game.

Now, you can bet Tim Beck would have been very happy to throw the ball 30 times or more if Miami had chose to stack the LOS every play. Have to play this Nebraska offense a lot more straight up.

If you can't see the difference in playmakers at wr and what it does to the way a defense may chose to defend that offense, I can't help you.

Stack the line with 7-8 players every play. Oooppss there goes Kenny Bell, ooppss Jordan Westerkamp just ran by your safety. Oooppps!

Then what do you complain about.

Tim Beck took what was there. Simple straightforward football. Why would those wr have a bunch of catches when Miami can't stop run game?

GBR

Advertisement
One man team really? Hmmmm...SO qb runs for nearly 100 yards, was efficient throwing the ball. Ok..

Sure thing

at some point you need to sell out and stop a team when they are running up over 300 yards and killing the clock run play after run play.

If you want to close your eyes to the truth, I can't help you. Why would there be a need for a bunch of passes when Nebraska was dominating the Cane D with the run game.

Now, you can bet Tim Beck would have been very happy to throw the ball 30 times or more if Miami had chose to stack the LOS every play. Have to play this Nebraska offense a lot more straight up.

If you can't see the difference in playmakers at wr and what it does to the way a defense may chose to defend that offense, I can't help you.

Stack the line with 7-8 players every play. Oooppss there goes Kenny Bell, ooppss Jordan Westerkamp just ran by your safety. Oooppps!

Tim Beck took what was there. Simple straightforward football. Why would those wr have a bunch of catches when Miami can't stop run game?

GBR

Right. So why did we keep giving it to him on a silver platter? At least make them make a play. Gotta move the cheese, Al.

Quit worrying about what might happen, and start worrying about what is happening. It's like the choice is maybe get beat deep or get beat short.

Here's a crazy idea, why don't we try to win instead?

Bill Snyder, a guy who can actually coach, played against Auburn the way we should've played last night. Stacked the box, had contain to both sides of the field, played downhill, and trusted his CBs in man coverage.

Advertisement

GBR
you guys have a dynamic RB but the team is terrible i'll warn you just like i did louisville fans that gloated after their win that miami has a tendency to make teams look much better than they are nebraska is a mediocre team, which says a ton about the state of miami's program

We run this same scheme against EVERY SINGLE TEAM IT DOSENT MATTER WHO THERE RECEIVERS ARE. There running the ball completely down your throat for 7 yards a Danny play. You load the box and make them beat you threw the air.

Advertisement
your wrs are not gonna run by our dbs. when the did, it was b/c guys were out of position schematically and not b/c you have faster wrs than our dbs. i'd have much rather made your qb try to throw for 300 yards than watch your rb run for 300 yards. your qb isn't that good and there would have been more ints.

Yeah, I know. Miami players are superhuman, are from another planet and no one could ever possibly run by them. Certainly not a wr from a team from the Great Plains. #80 Kenny Bell is just likely to be on a NFL roster one year from now. But, he can't run at all. .

Maybe next year with Abdullah in NFL Nebraska will beat Miami with the passing game, that fleet of wr's and a strongarmed qb. Be fun to see.

Advertisement
Back