Beamer gets Extension

Advertisement
Best coach in the conference and has been for a long time. How they squeeze out wins year after year for a couple decades with weak talent is incredible. They have fallen on hard times recently but are always well coached.

Poor Bud Foster...I bet he thought he was gonna take over in the next year or two.

He's nearing that Paterno area where he's actually hurting the program more than helping it. Great coach. Past his prime.

Advertisement
He's nearing that Paterno area where he's actually hurting the program more than helping it. Great coach. Past his prime.

And somehow manages to wax Golden's ***.

Golden waxed his *** in 2012. And he didn't need fumbled punt returns and punter's knee down picking up a snap fluke bs to do it.

those special team plays had nothing to do with VT's garbage QB throwing for 120% accuracy on us.

Advertisement

Golden waxed his *** in 2012. And he didn't need fumbled punt returns and punter's knee down picking up a snap fluke bs to do it.

those special team plays had nothing to do with VT's garbage QB throwing for 120% accuracy on us.

You're right, they didn't. But it had a lot to do with the final score.

There's some talent in Virginia but ya gotta give ol' goiter neck credit where credit is due. He's been pretty **** successful in a complete dump of an actual town at a school that has a pretty large dork of an alumni base.

There's some talent in Virginia but ya gotta give ol' goiter neck credit where credit is due. He's been pretty **** successful in a complete dump of an actual town at a school that has a pretty large dork of an alumni base.

yeah, but that large dork alumni base has a lot of money and is willing to give it to the athletic department, unlike ours.

bud i think is just one of those guys who's been a coordinator so long i cant see him being a head coach, if he was head coach material he would've ventured out by now even though VT pays him well

Advertisement

Wow. 2012. How long has Golden been here?

Oh. Go look at the last 11 years. Beamer has pretty much owned Miami.

Would not want him as our HC. All those years and no NC. We wouldn't be able to live with Bowden's pathetic 2NCs in 30 years. I want guys on the way to NFL, not nesters. For this fan base we NC every 3 or 4 years. Saban has done well, but if he stays 10 more years without another NC, we would be flying banners to fire him. If Coker had gone to NFL after second year, we would have been better off. The problem is lazy administration no wanting to do hunt every few years, that and pick the right up and coming coach.

Advertisement
Beamer is a great coach, but every coach has his decline when he should walk away for the sake of not only his legacy but for the program's continuity. Beamer is at this crossroad. Bud Foster has interviewed twice at Pitt when they have vacancies, but he really wants to be the head man at VT. Problem is Beamer has now brought on his son Shane a couple seasons ago and now has made him assistant head coach.

Frank Beamer's legend begins from the southwest corner of VA and stretches to Richmond and that wont change, however it's Bud Foster that dad's send their kids to play for. His "Blitz all night" defense never stops attacking and with the right recruitment of agile hard-nosed DB's it always works. Look at their front 7 EVERY year. They are not really all that athletic, extremely undersized, and 2014 will be no different. Because of this hey get scrappy players who never let up because they always have something to prove. This makes coaching easy.

bud i think is just one of those guys who's been a coordinator so long i cant see him being a head coach, if he was head coach material he would've ventured out by now even though VT pays him well

Didn't he interview for a head coaching job or two a couple of years ago and was passed on?

Best coach in the conference and has been for a long time. How they squeeze out wins year after year for a couple decades with weak talent is incredible. They have fallen on hard times recently but are always well coached.

Poor Bud Foster...I bet he thought he was gonna take over in the next year or two.

Not true

Advertisement
Back