Miami & UF recruiting DT Kendrick Norton Hardest (247update)

deerob305

Junior
Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian defensive tackle Kendrick Norton told 247Sports' Keith Niebuhr Wednesday evening that Florida and Miami were the two schools recruiting him the hardest. The 6-foot-2, 305-pound Norton plans to use official visits to both schools this fall with a possible trip to UCLA as well.
Norton's current top seven includes Auburn, Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Southern California and UCLA, but admitted the in-state Gators and Hurricanes top that list.

We need to get Him....

Advertisement
I think we good if we stay on him

Attachments

• 2887978.jpg
    2887978.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 41
Advertisement
Advertisement
His best position is Guard
ive heard the same.. do you know what position he prefers?

He wants to play DT in college. Miami would offer the best chance to maximize his talent as a NT in our 2 gap system which in essesnce is a OG playing defense to occupy two offensive lineman while allowing the linebackers to run freely.

Go Canes

Here are his highlights which side of the ball do you think he projects to in college?

[video=youtube_share;6GW6fMV5hHI]http://youtu.be/6GW6fMV5hHI[/video]

Advertisement
He isnt the quickest DT ive ever seen, but **** I would take him on our DL. You never know, we could turn him into a beast or he may RS and think about getting PT on the OL.

He wants to play DT in college. Miami would offer the best chance to maximize his talent as a NT in our 2 gap system which in essesnce is a OG playing defense to occupy two offensive lineman while allowing the linebackers to run freely.

Go Canes

Here are his highlights which side of the ball do you think he projects to in college?

[video=youtube_share;6GW6fMV5hHI]http://youtu.be/6GW6fMV5hHI[/video]

Do you think this kid could thrive in the scheme as an NT?

He isnt the quickest DT ive ever seen, but **** I would take him on our DL. You never know, we could turn him into a beast or he may RS and think about getting PT on the OL.

Remember in a two gap front the NT needs to be stronger than quicker since you want him to control an area and two offensive lineman at the sametime while not over penetrating. This is what Norton can do well while still being mobile enough to provide inside out pursuit. But also as you noted he is not the quickest DT which is why UF is slow playing him with a non committable offer, same with Auburn, because their schemes require penetration and range from the DT position.

Go Canes

Advertisement
@Ghandi,

I think Norton could be Louis Nix 2.0 at nose tackle, especially if Norton if redshirted. He is more athletic than Nix was in high school at this point.

[video=youtube_share;kFTvCnrtM20]http://youtu.be/kFTvCnrtM20[/video]

Go Canes

Yes he does want to play DT and that is part of the reasons him and FSU parted ways, only one site even ranks him with DT all the rest rank him with the OG, I'm not saying he can play or not play DT well in college just that his best position would be OG.

Well these others schools are jerking him around and in turn he is jerking UM around with this Top 2 school stuff, he may find himself *** out if UM gets a commit from a another NT, because space is limited in the class at this point. Norton has been to UF several times over the 6 months practically begging for a committable offer, and if it does come I will bet it is as DT/OG which they will probably flip him to OG once he signs.

I am hoping Kendrick Norton comes to his senses an commits to Miami to potentially be paired with Neville Gallimore and Ryan Fines. Oh what a trifecta coup that would be to provide exceptional depth for years.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back