Attacking Defense

Cincycane

Redshirt Freshman
How much stock should I be putting in on that we are finally going to stop watching people catch passes and run right by are defenders. I hoping that the coaches was only vanilla with the defense because of the personal we had the last 3 years are maybe was it because we had that cloud over our heads(meaning the ncaa). Hopefully it's the defense of old, here's to wishful thinking...:crownpour: Go Canes!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
How much stock should I be putting in on that we are finally going to stop watching people catch passes and run right by are defenders. I hoping that the coaches was only vanilla with the defense because of the personal we had the last 3 years are maybe was it because we had that cloud over our heads(meaning the ncaa). Hopefully it's the defense of old, here's to wishful thinking...:crownpour: Go Canes!!!

Keep pouring, sounds good, like anything is possible in sports, huh?

I hear Ya!! I hoping we are attacking with the personnel we have.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Don't you worry my boy!! We have the talent Al needs to run his defense now. We might not be the defense of old as in 4-3 but we will be one mean, attacking 3-4. No more cloud, better talent. Things are looking up for once.

Advertisement
396.jpg

No need to worry, they got []_[]

Al have lost a lot of weight. I take that to mean he intends on defense to be more mobile and aggressive. He said he will be more hands on this year. A thinner Al no longer needs to promote that fat boy defense he brought with him. He can now run and attack at practice. I believe team reflects coach. Last year, fat and slow. This year, lean and mean. I call it the waistline indicator.

I expect to see a Pittsburgh Steelers **** LeBeau 3-4 when Kevin Green and Greg Lloyd were killing QBs off the edge.

Al's been taking bullets that rightfully should have been hitting Shannon the last 3 years. Now, he finally had the personal he needs to control all the variables.

Gonna be a monster year, guys!

Advertisement
This was Al Goldens best defense when he was at UVA and he had a month to prepare it for the bowl game. He also had a defense loaded with his type of players. Notice how it is the exact same thing UM runs today with DB's giving cushion and bailling out to a zone area. An the defense telegraphs their blitzs to the offense during pre-snap reads. The only difference is the dline presses the engagement of with Oline more than UM does presently, but the UVA does not attack the LOS to push it back 3 yds into the back field.

[video=youtube_share;vEfOoRtM_2A]http://youtu.be/vEfOoRtM_2A[/video]

Advertisement
At Temple 2010 was AG's best defense ( again with his best players also) an this is what happen to them against the best team in the MAC when they played.

[video=youtube_share;_avZNXYdfAQ]http://youtu.be/_avZNXYdfAQ[/video]

Advertisement
Back