3-Star Edge Rusher Cole McConathy Commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Why wouldn’t you like this ?

Produces at a high level against very good competition.

Prototypical size / length for De.

Bloodline. His dad was All State and a power five player.

Plays with power and leverage while having a very good get off.

Other than Lightfoot I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing before our other guys in this class. This isn’t some reach or stab in the dark for a raw prospect that has potential down the road.

On top of that a former NFL pro bowler saw him wreck shop in person and passed him on to coach Stroud. Who also has a great reputation finding gems the last twenty five years , Including a former under recruited safety G Rousseau.
Way too logical and sensible. Just stop it.

Your right!!

I’m actually excited about this kid. I miss having them high motor crazy white boys on defense.

He’s the exact kid that goes to the ULs and end up a 10-15 year starter in the NFL
That crazy motor rubs off on other players. This kid is a take every recruiting cycle. When other players see a guy making plays because of that crazy motor, they want some of that.

Advertisement
Looks like they're ranked 21st in state. They played the team ranked 4th and got wooped - only game he had 0 sacks... Leads the state in sacks looks like though.
Saraland is the best team in the state of Alabama imo. They will win state again this year. They’ve blown everyone out this year. Saraland , Spanish Fort, Theodore ( Bobby Pruitt- committed to us), and St. Paul’s are all ranked in the top 16 of 6A. 8 regions. There are 60 teams in 6A.

Don’t sleep on SF. We play at Pike road tonight. Pike road ( home of Quinshon Judkins- Ole Miss)

All we need to know is that he’s good that’s it. Don’t care what that ranking says and I’m a ranking type of cat.

Saraland is the best team in the state of Alabama imo. They will win state again this year. They’ve blown everyone out this year. Saraland , Spanish Fort, Theodore ( Bobby Pruitt- committed to us), and St. Paul’s are all ranked in the top 16 of 6A. 8 regions. There are 60 teams in 6A.

Don’t sleep on SF. We play at Pike road tonight. Pike road ( home of Quinshon Judkins- Ole Miss)
yeah i know nothing about bama hs football, just went on maxpreps and added additional context.

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t you like this ?

Produces at a high level against very good competition.

Prototypical size / length for De.

Bloodline. His dad was All State and a power five player.

Plays with power and leverage while having a very good get off.

Other than Lightfoot I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing before our other guys in this class. This isn’t some reach or stab in the dark for a raw prospect that has potential down the road.

On top of that a former NFL pro bowler saw him wreck shop in person and passed him on to coach Stroud. Who also has a great reputation finding gems the last twenty five years , Including a former under recruited safety G Rousseau.

Pssshhh lol

Like all that matters against the behemoth talent evaluations of On3

This is the type of 3 star take even the mopes should love. The overall recruiting ranking per player this year isn't what last year was, but this is a 4 star caliber kid all day. Won't be surprised if he gets in the mix immediately year 1 along with Lighfoot.

But he’s not a 4*. He’s not even close to being a 4*.

He’s a middle of the road 3*, that was committed to a middle of the road program, and had no interest from the 4* programs in-state.

All the “lol, you mopes. Just watch the tape” takes can’t change that.

Spanish Fort lost in the playoffs last night. 6A is loaded this year. Looks like a Clay Chalkville Saraland face off for the title

Advertisement
This is the type of 3 star take even the mopes should love. The overall recruiting ranking per player this year isn't what last year was, but this is a 4 star caliber kid all day. Won't be surprised if he gets in the mix immediately year 1 along with Lighfoot.
When you have an explosive first step, and length to go with it, it's a serious problem for an offense. This dude is quick, rangy, and can change direction in a hurry. Actually pretty freakish if you think about it. He's got a rare combination of skills for a kid his age. I'd be surprised if he didn't see the field next year. 6'5" 225 now, I bet he's easily 240+ by next season. 3rd and long is going to be fun for us on D.

BylsmaPump.gif

Advertisement

Cole had 5.5 sacks against Pike Road. He has 63 career sacks ( All time Alabama leader)

Freshman - 1.5 sacks (back up Qb)
Sophomore - 14.5 sacks
Junior - 22.5 sacks
Senior - 24.5 sacks

Cole had 5.5 sacks against Pike Road. He has 63 career sacks ( All time Alabama leader)

Freshman - 1.5 sacks (back up Qb)
Sophomore - 14.5 sacks
Junior - 22.5 sacks
Senior - 24.5 sacks
Not good eenuff for the cis mope connoisseurs.

It’s 5 stars or gtfoh!

Advertisement
Back