2025 OT Lamar Williams de-commits

View as article
Amazon Studios Were Fine GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Advertisement
Even if they re-evaluated and changed their mind and dropped him... It's whatever. Just complaining/criticizing evaluations on the OLine is funny to me. We are going to land extremely high ranked Olineman. And we are going to land 3 star lineman that have the build and hopefully movement ability to potentially develop in 3 years and be a contributor, but also not really risk leaving asap and demand more money every portal opening... But what makes one 3 star OT a Great EVal and another a bad eval according to posters here is funny. I'll just rock with whatever this staff chooses on the Olineman lol.
When you add personal feelings without proof yeah that's some 2nd grade level proclamation. Recruiting is not any different than life. Misses, bad evals, whatever. Entirely too much energy to make a horrible and incorrect assumption.

a kid from where he is from would be tough to hold on for a full cycle in my opinion.

Im taking Addison over him as the developmental OT.

The kid they just offered is an interior prospect so i dont think it has any effect

So what happened here?

I liked this guy quite a bit as a project OL.

And apparently the staff did as well because they pressed hard as **** here to get his commitment early.
Knowing Mario, he had to make room some how. He has stuck to a lot of initial evals.

Advertisement
Yes, I'm sure you did so much evaluating of their tape! lol.
Let me ask you what is a reasonable hit rate for prospects we recruit to you?
I understand that recruiting, especially OL recruiting can be very hit and miss. It’s definitely the position with the most “diamond in the rough” types.

I’d just prefer our coaches not being two unplayable pkayers, who they already coached in college, over from Oregon. Dennis and Sagapolu were known goods for Mario. Not sure why he brought two guys who were at best, projects to Miami. I mean, if they couldn’t beat out any of the Manny linemen who started for us in 2022, what good are they?

I understand that recruiting, especially OL recruiting can be very hit and miss. It’s definitely the position with the most “diamond in the rough” types.

I’d just prefer our coaches not being two unplayable pkayers, who they already coached in college, over from Oregon. Dennis and Sagapolu were known goods for Mario. Not sure why he brought two guys who were at best, projects to Miami. I mean, if they couldn’t beat out any of the Manny linemen who started for us in 2022, what good are they?
You do realize we had ZERO depth and you actually need players to practice right?

So you just don't expect it to be 100% lol. Does that mean 90% for you? Just saying cause you really like bringing up Sagapolu, paying absolutely zero attention to every other addition on the OL.

Don't bother. He's made up his mind that Mario is a bad coach. The fact he replaced FCS OL with JAG P5 level OL out of desperation because of what Manny left behind is irrelevant. The fact both guys Mario brought over from Oregon were culture fits and had intangibles, and that Denis got hurt, doesn't fit the narrative. They are exhibit A and B that Mario and Mirabal failed in OL evals twice (recruiting the same losers to Oregon and Miami!), so are incompetent.

Oh, and because Sagapolu happens to be a weight lifter, as does Cook, anyone who points to weight lifting as a reason to think a kid could be athletically gifted and perform at a high level at Miami is an idiot. Clearly strength is not correlated with line talent, 1 or 2 examples prove that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is this a sign that Soloman Thomas is getting ready to make a move to the good guys?

Signed,

Peruche

Denis was injured, he would have beaten out Jakai Clark at Center ... who transferred to SMU after 2022, didn't start and only played in 6 games last season btw. Sagapolu was the "next man in" on the IOL. He actually started a game in 2022, which shows you how thin they were. Have you looked at that roster? FAU probably had better OL other than Zion.

Net/net, he brought them over out of desperation, and because they fit the culture he was trying to instill at Miami.

Denis was injured, he would have beaten out Jakai Clark at Center ... who transferred to SMU after 2022, didn't start and only played in 6 games last season btw. Sagapolu was the "next man in" on the IOL. He actually started a game in 2022, which shows you how thin they were. Have you looked at that roster? FAU probably had better OL other than Zion.

Net/net, he brought them over out of desperation, and because they fit the culture he was trying to instill at Miami.
Dennis played when Clark got hurt. He was so bad I missed Clark.

You do realize we had ZERO depth and you actually need players to practice right?
I guess. I just wish he brought someone who could actually play instead of just warm bodies.

Advertisement
I guess. I just wish he brought someone who could actually play instead of just warm bodies.

Don't really understand the issue on a 2025 prospect that is clear Miami is moving on from him and it will be replaced by another. Must be the CIS summer blues!

It's time to allow coaches to publicly comment on these type situations after NSD. Too much money not to. Give the fans what they want. Jerry Springer style. WE DROPPED THAT SUCKA LIKE A BAD HABIT. ::crowdgoeswild::

:: PopsFraggleMeds ::

Don't really understand the issue on a 2025 prospect that is clear Miami is moving on from him and it will be replaced by another. Must be the CIS summer blues!
That’s not who my comment was directed at. I was talking about the transfers Mario brought from Oregon

Advertisement
So you just don't expect it to be 100% lol. Does that mean 90% for you? Just saying cause you really like bringing up Sagapolu, paying absolutely zero attention to every other addition on the OL.
Would you like me to provide the draft results of OL from Oregon and Miami over the last 5 years?

I brought up Saggy twice. Once when posters were fawning over weight room #s to predict greatness. Second, in this trust the evals discussion putting complete faith in an idea that has at least somewhat been proven to be inaccurate...

Don't bother. He's made up his mind that Mario is a bad coach. The fact he replaced FCS OL with JAG P5 level OL out of desperation because of what Manny left behind is irrelevant. The fact both guys Mario brought over from Oregon were culture fits and had intangibles, and that Denis got hurt, doesn't fit the narrative. They are exhibit A and B that Mario and Mirabal failed in OL evals twice (recruiting the same losers to Oregon and Miami!), so are incompetent.

Oh, and because Sagapolu happens to be a weight lifter, as does Cook, anyone who points to weight lifting as a reason to think a kid could be athletically gifted and perform at a high level at Miami is an idiot. Clearly strength is not correlated with line talent, 1 or 2 examples prove that.
You are what your record says you are. The record is mediocre. At Miami, the record is unacceptable. Good news is 2024 is another chance. Win games. Don't lose games for your team. Coach and play to win, not to not lose....

High expectations.....I know...

Denis was a kid i didnt want to recruit when Manny was here and i was shocked Mario took him to Oregon let alone brought him here...but im guessing getting him to oregon was getting a south florida piece.

Denis was a depth rotational at best guy at either place i dont think he wouldve beaten out Clark hurt or not.

Would you like me to provide the draft results of OL from Oregon and Miami over the last 5 years?

I brought up Saggy twice. Once when posters were fawning over weight room #s to predict greatness. Second, in this trust the evals discussion putting complete faith in an idea that has at least somewhat been proven to be inaccurate...
do it. Then when you are done remind me again what you believe an acceptable hit% is lol. And then explain why whether they are drafted is the only metric for success for whether OLine was a hit or not. This should be good.

Advertisement
Back