2024 NFL Draft Thread

Congrats Kam. Go get that bag! Now…. as a program, we’ve got a ways to go talent acquisition and development wise, before we see canes drafted on Day 1 and early on Day 2. Glad to see that Mario and staff are working their asses off on getting the talent back in Coral Gables. Hopefully they development cones along with the better talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone who knows what is the reason for Lee projected so far down in the draft? His RAS score is a 9.8 and his game tape is elite.

What is holding him back from say Kam who scored a bad RAS but good game tape?

Every other one of our players I understand their placement but Lee is a weird one to me

A few observations vs board experts:
- That’s a lot of CBs for a position that doesn’t matter
- lots of players from that trash portal taken
- Where are all the Bro’s recruits?

Draft don’t lie…???
Jackson Powers Johnson went 44th and Penei Sewell signed the largest contract for an NFL lineman ever this week.

There’s a litany of Mario recruits in the NFL, but I don’t know how closely you follow.

Advertisement
Can someone who knows what is the reason for Lee projected so far down in the draft? His RAS score is a 9.8 and his game tape is elite.

Every other one of our players I understand their placement but Lee is a weird one to me
Lee's game tape is not elite. He plays a low value position and he struggles with run blocking. He is also undersized.

His agent or whomever allowed him to run cost him probably about a round in spots.

he went exactly where i thought he would after i comped him to these 2 guys.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ji-****-brown/32004252-4f49-2777-600c-5206658f7fd5

Had he not ran at combine n just at pro day he MAY have snuck into the 2nd round.....had he came back he would likely be in the same round projections he went in this draft around 2nd-3rd rd pojections as he wasnt getting no taller or bigger...definately not faster and he already has the film/production.

Leonard Taylor is the jack *** that should of stayed.

His agent or whomever allowed him to run cost him probably about a round in spots.

he went exactly where i thought he would after i comped him to these 2 guys.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ji-****-brown/32004252-4f49-2777-600c-5206658f7fd5

Had he not ran at combine n just at pro day he MAY have snuck into the 2nd round.....had he came back he would likely be in the same round projections he went in this draft around 2nd-3rd rd pojections as he wasnt getting no taller or bigger...definately not faster and he already has the film/production.

Leonard Taylor is the jack *** that should of stayed.
Dawg you hit this on the head.. literally just had the same convo yesterday..

I'd say one of the bigger negatives is simply that he lacks the mass (and more so strength) you want from an interior olineman to be able to consistently block 320+ lb NFL Dlineman. He's also exclusively a center, especially due to having short arms and smaller hands. Ultimately he's great in pass pro, but the question marks are in run blocking basically. Though he does have the positives of being very athletic and being able to pull or get up to the second level quickly. Its also good that his best season was actually probably with us when he moved up a level.

Also he performed excellent at the combine. But then for some reason he decided to do the agility drills at his pro-day. Which I guess he probably had no choice given he's not a top prospect, but he didn't do so hot in those. But like 25 reps on bench with shorter arms isn't the greatest either when his weakness is strength...

Like Jason Kelce was small as well and an excellent athlete, but he's also a special edge case. And for interior OLine, the short shuttle is possibly the best test in athleticism and Kelce literally got the best score ever on it (4.14s vs Lee's 4.69s)... So Kelce was even a far superior athlete to Lee even is.

Even though I predicted him in the 6th, If he can hold up from a strength perspective, I absolutely think he can outperform his grade/draft position and end up a starter for 4+ years...

1714191177971.png

Last edited:
Advertisement

Undersized centers with little to no positional flexibility are not very well liked in draft circles.

Advertisement
Patriots are picking solid, unspectacular players with upside.

Wondering what they'll do in the 4th. Ja'Tavion Sanders is on the board and they may just end up picking Tez Walker as well.

It's nice knowing you can now just go BPA. There's no glaring need anymore on the team.

1. Nate Wiggins
2. Quinyon Mitchell
3. Terrion Arnold
4. Ga'Quincy McKinstry
5. Ennis Rakestraw
6. Elijah Jones
7. Max Melton
8. Kris Abrams-Draine
9. Decamerion Richardson
10. Jarrian Jones/ Beanie Bishop

This is probably one of the deepest CB drafts in several years. There's guys like Dwight McGlothern, Myles Harden, Jarvis Brownlee, DJ James & Micah Abraham who will all be available in the later rounds, but will likely be contributing starters in the league & play well.

Then you have a versatile Swiss army knife style prospect like Jaylin Simpson. He's a Safety, but played a ton of Corner in college & has very good speed to play both spots. He was also excellent in coverage for most of his career.

Beanie Bishop is probably the biggest sleeper at CB in the draft. One of the best technically sound cover corners in this year's group & has very good speed/athletic ability. The only knock on him is size, but he's an ideal Nickel that can also play Field.

Speak nice about Jarrian Jones.

Numbers have him as the best nickel man corner in the draft. Very niche, I get it, but is exactly what Jacksonville needs.

Also finished us off playing pitch and catch with TVD - which is a play that probably gets him drafted as high as he did...tight man against a top slot receiver, air tight coverage until the QB gets out of the pocket, but he stays locked in knowing the QB is a dumb dumb and can't take his eyes of his roommate, and waits for the INT, game over. He's just now going to be asked to do that against Tank Dell, Josh Downs (again), and Treylon Burks 6x a year.

Anyway, you had him listed probably higher than I would have before the draft, so, thoughts on if he can do that?

Advertisement
Back