Official 2023-24 Season

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
IMG_2262.jpeg

Looking forward to next year. This is Andy Katz’ Top 36 or something from today.

Advertisement
first depth chart was released

PG Pack | Joseph

SG Poplar | Robinson

SF Cleveland | George

PF Casey | Watson

C Omier | Nwoko

Advertisement
Definitely just a hunch but there's this theory out there now that Cleveland's transfer to UM was conditional upon him getting to play on the perimeter.
Yea I'd rather Poplar stay at the 3 and Cleveland at the 4 and bring in someone to replace Wong but idk who is left out there.

Yea I'd rather Poplar stay at the 3 and Cleveland at the 4 and bring in someone to replace Wong but idk who is left out there.
Pack is another conundrum as he'd make a good replacement for Wong but likely insists on playing on PG.

Advertisement
I can't get behind this. You are giving up a ton of size if you start those two.

At the recent NBA draft combine we learned just how small we were in 2023:

Wong: 6'2.5"
Miller: 6'4.5"
Omier: 6'5.5"

Pack and Joseph are not large men but the opponent's size advantage is somehow mitigated most nights.

Poplar’s gonna blow up next season.
wearing a new jersey number

Advertisement
At the recent NBA draft combine we learned just how small we were in 2023:

Wong: 6'2.5"
Miller: 6'4.5"
Omier: 6'5.5"

Pack and Joseph are not large men but the opponent's size advantage is somehow mitigated most nights.
within reason the idea of having your best 5 on the floor at a time is productive. There may be defensive concerns at times but it in turn the matchup problems drive the other teams crazy. Of course "best 5" means all around players both sides of the ball, not just offensive production.

Advertisement
Watson at the 4? No way.
Stretch 4.

In today's Modern game, 4's aren't like the Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Rasheed Wallace, Karl Malone prototype anymore.

If you're 6'6 & up, can shoot, move, defend & Rebound, you can play 4.

The only positions that are still traditional is PG & C, otherwise, every other spot is interchangeable with pieces that are geared towards floor spacing, Defense & overall capability.

Watson is bigger/taller than Miller. If we go up and down the full roster, we are taller than last year. Every position is either the same or taller, and somewhat larger.
Cleveland is certainly suited for that Miller role with his rebounding ability, but part of me thinks he agreed to play here so that he could be a wing. At FSU he was forced to play PF but his shooting improved significantly and he may have more value as a 3 instead of a 4.

Stretch 4.

In today's Modern game, 4's aren't like the Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Rasheed Wallace, Karl Malone prototype anymore.

If you're 6'6 & up, can shoot, move, defend & Rebound, you can play 4.

The only positions that are still traditional is PG & C, otherwise, every other spot is interchangeable with pieces that are geared towards floor spacing, Defense & overall capability.
I didn't realize he's 6'7. I thought 6'5 at most. I guess I should have researched more lol.

Advertisement
Back