2020 DL Simeon Barrow Jr | 28 TFLs 15 Sacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Seems like very few people here have any idea if this guy is actually any good. Typically it's better not to pick a side in those scenarios but here we are.

I was being sarcastic I know he’s better than JHH. CIS over hyping our portal’d out guys like always.

Unless i am reading this wrong I agree with u fam
I know you were being sarcastic and I agree with you, I added further commentary because I believe for some reason people (not you) are underrating a dude that had Texas and LSU trying hard to get him. This would be a MASSIVE win for the premier position on defense against two top 5 bag schools.

I also wanted to clarify for those that are reading, I dont consider Barrow to be Elite. I dont think this guy is all world BUT I do think he is good and the proof is in the data. He was the captain of that defense and was a true impact player.

Maybe with good coaching thisbyear and more development he can sneak into a Day 2 type pick.

Advertisement
I know you were being sarcastic and I agree with you, I added further commentary because I believe for some reason people (not you) are underrating a dude that had Texas and LSU trying hard to get him. This would be a MASSIVE win for the premier position on defense against two top 5 bag schools.

I also wanted to clarify for those that are reading, I dont consider Barrow to be Elite. I dont think this guy is all world BUT I do think he is good and the proof is in the data. He was the captain of that defense and was a true impact player.

Maybe with good coaching thisbyear and more development he can sneak into a Day 2 type pick.
Sounds good to me, agree with this

Ask Texas and LSU.

If he wasnt good the. just settle for JHH and yet...

Teams are desperate. This guy doesn't look like a difference maker. Someone who can hold the point of attack and slip through for a TFL once in a while. I'll take him but based on the demand for this guy I was expecting, idk... slightly above average athleticism.

Hunte's production in 40 games less sacks and significantly less tackles than Barrow Jr. Also ended up in SMU. Why not Texas? why not LSU who is struggling for DT help?

Nah those cats went after Simeon Barrow and Damonic Williams for a reason.

SMU is throwing big money around

Advertisement
I think he is better than JHH simply because is a tougher and more consistent run defender but he still isn’t some huge solution to our problems and we will still struggle against the run vs bigger teams if we don’t add a difference maker IMO. That’s my lone concern for UF, especially if we try to play conservative and slow the game down which will play right into their hands but that’s a story for another day. There will be PLENTY of time to assess that one…

Hunte's production in 40 games less sacks and significantly less tackles than Barrow Jr. Also ended up in SMU. Why not Texas? why not LSU who is struggling for DT help?

Nah those cats went after Simeon Barrow and Damonic Williams for a reason.

Why SMU? Because he likes and trusts Lashlee. Pretty simple

And he has guys he connected with there.

SMU is throwing big money around
So is Texas and LSU.

They never made a run despite the huge need.

Again not saying he solved all our problems or is ELITE.

But he is a difference maker, an Impact player that instantly upgrades your room.

Advertisement
I don't agree with that line of thought, but ok.
I agree. Can't base how good a player is based on who wants them. Just like you can't do with stars either. I've learned that alot of recruiting is politics. I know a player who had only offers from small schools then got a offer from a p4 program. They told him you know after we become the first team to offer you many are going to come after. Sure enough after that offer, he got about 10 more offers. From major programs.

Was gonna say I wouldn’t be surprised if someone tests that theory and it doesn’t hold up

Yeah, it's bizarre.

If they would have tied the graduate "entry window" into something legitimate, like "within 72 hours of graduation", that would have been one thing.

But to set a date that is PRIOR to Spring graduation, let alone Summer graduation (for guys wrapping up their final classes) is just poorly-tailored legislation. Particularly when we know that universities can pull financial aid once a kid enters the Portal.

Plus, when is the last time an NCAA legal argument has held up in court?

Advertisement
Yeah, it's bizarre.

If they would have tied the graduate "entry window" into something legitimate, like "within 72 hours of graduation", that would have been one thing.

But to set a date that is PRIOR to Spring graduation, let alone Summer graduation (for guys wrapping up their final classes) is just poorly-tailored legislation. Particularly when we know that universities can pull financial aid once a kid enters the Portal.

Plus, when is the last time an NCAA legal argument has held up in court?
I would think when it does it would be the first time right? lol

Seems like very few people here have any idea if this guy is actually any good. Typically it's better not to pick a side in those scenarios but here we are.
I’ll subject myself to B1G highlights if we happen to land him. They got pulverized by anyone with a pulse so who knows what can be gleaned from them anyway

Can anyone update Miami's DEFCON FUCCIN LEVEL?

Blues Clues? G? PG? PG-13? R? X? ***? Snuff film? Strawley-Shalala Hardcore Scissor Vid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back