Coaching 2016 + 2017 Staff

I still maintain if we had 2020 King on the 2017 team we are easily in playoff and maybe in title game.
The 2017 team? The one that got absolutely boat raced by Clemson? You think we beat them "easily" with King (who also got boat raced by Clemson in 2020)? Lmao. None of our teams have been one player away from competing for a championship in 2 decades.

Advertisement
The 2017 team? The one that got absolutely boat raced by Clemson? You think we beat them "easily" with King (who also got boat raced by Clemson in 2020)? Lmao. None of our teams have been one player away from competing for a championship in 2 decades.
Where did I say that about Clemson? You realize if we beat pitt and at are all competitive against Clemson we are in the playoff that year?

kanye west GIF by Danny Chang

Where did I say that about Clemson? You realize if we beat pitt and at are all competitive against Clemson we are in the playoff that year?

You think a one-loss UM team would have gotten into the CFB playoffs over a one-loss Alabama team (i.e., the 4th seed) by keeping it competitive against Clemson? I sincerely doubt that would have happened.

You think a one-loss UM team would have gotten into the CFB playoffs over a one-loss Alabama team (i.e., the 4th seed) by keeping it competitive against Clemson? I sincerely doubt that would have happened.
Bama was coming off a double digit loss to a team that didn’t make the playoff. ND was a better win than anything Bama had done to that point. A close loss to a playoff team at 11-1 absolutely would’ve had us seriously in the discussion.

Advertisement
Bama was coming off a double digit loss to a team that didn’t make the playoff. ND was a better win than anything Bama had done to that point. A close loss to a playoff team at 11-1 absolutely would’ve had us seriously in the discussion.

You have quickly retreated from "you realize . . . we are in" to UM being "seriously in the discussion," and shifted from being "at all competitive" to needing "a close loss" against Clemson.

But sure, UM is in the discussion. And then once the discussion ends, I'd bet my mortgage payment it would have been Bama. Because it is Bama and it is the NCAA.

Advertisement
Back