2013-14 Hurricane Tennis

Here's a bit of good news for the men's team at last. The recruiting class for 2014 is ranked #6 in the country. Now we'll see if Coach Rincon and staff can bring the team back up to the top half of the rankings.

Recruiting News

543.jpg

Blue-Chip Recruit Christian Langmo (Ranked #30 in the country)

Advertisement
Busy weekend for Canes tennis! First the ladies host Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday before they head up to Virginia for the ITA National Indoors next week. The men will try to get their season back on track after their first ever loss to Central Florida. They host Bethune-Cookman on Friday and then Florida A&M on Sunday. They would have been chosen to play in the ITA Kick-Off Weekend but they declined and are playing south Florida teams instead this week.

MTennis vs. Bethune-Cookman

WTennis vs. Florida Gulf Coast

Both Canes teams took care of business today. The ladies took the courts in the morning and easily defeated Florida Gulf Coast for a 6-1 win. They move up to 3-0 for the year and now go up to Virginia next week for the national team tournament. The guys got back on court for the first time since their bad loss to UCF on Jan. 19. They easily defeated Bethune-Cookman 7-0. They are now 2-1 for the year and will host Florida A&M on Sunday

Men's Results

Women's Results

Advertisement
The men's team easily walloped the Florida A&M Rattlers 7-0 today to move to 3-1 for the season. They'll host No. 53 Texas Tech on Friday. the ladies will join the top 16 teams in the country of Friday for the ITA National Indoor Championships.

Canes Tennis Results

The men's team easily walloped the Florida A&M Rattlers 7-0 today to move to 3-1 for the season. They'll host No. 53 Texas Tech on Friday. the ladies will join the top 16 teams in the country of Friday for the ITA National Indoor Championships.

Canes Tennis Results

I've never really been to tennis match , what are the concessions like ? Can you get beer or ****tails maybe food ?

Advertisement

Canes Tennis Results

I've never really been to tennis match , what are the concessions like ? Can you get beer or ****tails maybe food ?

lol Good question but it's one I have no authority to answer since I have even set foot on American soil in six years. There are some guys on Twitter who are often at the games.

The draw for the women's ITA National Indoor Championships was released. Miami got screwed a bit/ they should have been at least No. 8 but instead got bumped down to No. 9 and will have to play no. 3 Georgia in the first round. Not an impossible task but somebody screwed up on that draw.

Miami vs. Georgia

If someone asked you what's the toughest sport in the world, what would you answer? Maybe most people would answer football or martial arts. As a tennis fan, I've always wondered where tennis would rank among all the other sports. By no stretch of the imagination do I think tennis would be number one, but I do think it belongs in the top ten. ESPN attempted to come up with a ranking of the top 60 most difficult sports a few years ago. No. 60 was fishing, No. 1 was boxing. I don't agree with all of the results but the system they came up with is interesting.

The Most Difficult Sport

Not a great day for Canes tennis. The women lose to Georgia in the 1st round of the ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships 4-0 while the guys lose a 4-3 decision to Texas Tech.

Canes Results

Advertisement
Advertisement
The WCanes barely made it our alive today. They led Vanderbilt 3-0, only needing one more singles win before Vanderbilt came back to tie it up at 3-3. Fortunately, Miami's Lileikite finished the match before her opponent could take it to a 3rd set. The Canes are now 4-1 for the year and have another consolation match tomorrow.

Results

259.jpg

Horrible day for Canes tennis today as Miami falls to Mchigan 4-1 in the consolation rounds of the ITA Indoor Championships. The men's team's free fall into oblivion continue with a 5-2 loss to South Florida. I'm afraid the bottom may drop out of this team soon. Just a poor team.

Men lose to USF

Women lose to Michigan

Advertisement
Back