(2) New Commits

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
Last Wednesday I was able to confirm who this commitment on 2/7/24 was

2024 SS Adrian Areizaga 6'2 185 SS Puerto Rico PG10

Edgardo's team from Puerto Rico was in town against FIU last Wednesday, so I just asked the HC if he knew who the commit was since he was from Puerto Rico, and to say I was surprised was an understatement.

Yesterday we landed a commitment on 3/26/24 4:20pm

2025 LHP Lonzo (LJ) Drummond 6'2 160
Also plays Basketball https://www.hudl.com/profile/17117736/lj-drummond

Advertisement
Last Wednesday I was able to confirm who this commitment on 2/7/24 was

2024 SS Adrian Areizaga 6'2 185 SS Puerto Rico PG10

Edgardo's team from Puerto Rico was in town against FIU last Wednesday, so I just asked the HC if he knew who the commit was since he was from Puerto Rico, and to say I was surprised was an understatement.

Yesterday we landed a commitment on 3/26/24 4:20pm

2025 LHP Lonzo (LJ) Drummond 6'2 160
Also plays Basketball https://www.hudl.com/profile/17117736/lj-drummond

I think you had aluded to the guy from kid from PR a while ago. Looks like a monster.

Advertisement
why was kept kind of secret this whole time?
It was also very hard to find information on the kid. I have someone who is very close with the coaching staff and they told him the day we got the commitment; that the kid was from PR, they weren’t able to give more info.

The person relayed the info back to me and I started digging. I didn’t have a PG account so it’s very hard to see which recruits are from PR. Luckily Edgardo’s team went to the game so I was able to ask someone directly from PR

Advertisement
I think you had aluded to the guy from kid from PR a while ago. Looks like a monster.
I specifically work with a team from PR that acts as a de facto prep school called SBO and I’ve worked with them since ‘13. We tried our asses off to get him to play with us over here. If we don’t get a SS transfer he’ll probably start here next year.

I specifically work with a team from PR that acts as a de facto prep school called SBO and I’ve worked with them since ‘13. We tried our asses off to get him to play with us over here. If we don’t get a SS transfer he’ll probably start here next year.
One can only hope that he can come in and start. I'm guessing that Jimenez and Fernandez will not be back next season.
The infielder from Braddock projects to be a CF in my opinion.
SS position will be wide open... I can't recall the position being so bad as we have witnessed this season.

It was also very hard to find information on the kid. I have someone who is very close with the coaching staff and they told him the day we got the commitment; that the kid was from PR, they weren’t able to give more info.

The person relayed the info back to me and I started digging. I didn’t have a PG account so it’s very hard to see which recruits are from PR. Luckily Edgardo’s team went to the game so I was able to ask someone directly from PR
Yea i saw that team there that day! Good stuff

Advertisement
One can only hope that he can come in and start. I'm guessing that Jimenez and Fernandez will not be back next season.
The infielder from Braddock projects to be a CF in my opinion.
SS position will be wide open... I can't recall the position being so bad as we have witnessed this season.
Think next class a few SS options.

Think next class a few SS options.
We have more SS Iin 2025 class. I definitely think Jimenez would stay. I don’t see why Eric Fernandez would leave. He’s a freebie, meaning that his mom works at the school, so he goes to school for free

We have more SS Iin 2025 class. I definitely think Jimenez would stay. I don’t see why Eric Fernandez would leave. He’s a freebie, meaning that his mom works at the school, so he goes to school for free
If they want to play they should move on..
I obviously don't know what Fernandez has for expectations baseball wise....but if he gets 30 at bats this season I would be surprised. If he is content on being on the roster and getting a free education, then he should probably stay.
I was surprised that he was on the travel roster last weekend.
Jimenez,I would love to see him break out and be a big part of the team. We could use the production in the 9th spot.

Advertisement
If they want to play they should move on..
I obviously don't know what Fernandez has for expectations baseball wise....but if he gets 30 at bats this season I would be surprised. If he is content on being on the roster and getting a free education, then he should probably stay.
I was surprised that he was on the travel roster last weekend.
Jimenez,I would love to see him break out and be a big part of the team. We could use the production in the 9th spot.
Jimenez better pick it up fast, or he’s done. We have plenty of options for next season

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 8.25.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 8.25.43 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back